Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

i remember when ipad was first announced and yospos was all "apple is over" "its just a big iphone" "it doesnt run flash" lmao

pram
Jun 10, 2001
shagger :razz:

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

i cracked my air 2 and paid $280 to fix it rather than upgrade. its that good folks

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the airs have laminated screens like the pro but 2017 and 2018 don’t which is vaguely lame. but I can deal

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Sham bam bamina! posted:

i don't know why i was surprised that diesel sweeties is still running but i was surprised

what surprises me is the quality is still 'bad early webcomic writing' while the art is slightly smaller pixels. a real commitment to consistency

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i dont know who or what diesel sweeties is, but those are two words that dont go together

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

i remember when ipad was first announced and yospos was all "apple is over" "its just a big iphone" "it doesnt run flash" lmao

all of these statements are true

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

the op fucks his ipad and cums in it

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
wow rude

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

we talking lightning port? headphone jack? old 30 pin connector?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

President Beep posted:

we talking lightning port? headphone jack? old 30 pin connector?

Speaker grille.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

yikes......

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Schadenboner posted:

Speaker grille.

quad damage D:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

i love my ipad air 2. its extremely needs suiting

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

ipad air 2 is lighter than both the 2017 and 2018 ipads.. combined!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

so’s my wallet after ipaid for one!!!!!

god that’s a good joke

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

President Beep posted:

god that’s a good joke

:bravo:

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

President Beep posted:

god that’s a good joke

impeach beep

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Skim Milk posted:

impeach beep

Don't blame me, I voted for Stein. :smugissar:

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
they called the 8th main-line iPad; the iPad 6!

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

~Coxy posted:

they called the 8th main-line iPad; the iPad 6!

no they didnt

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it’s just an
ipad

not ipad 2
or new ipad
or ipad air

just ipad

like the old ipad classic

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
it's definitely almost as thick as a classic ipad and the non laminated screen is a deal breaker imo

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

President Beep posted:

let me tell you about sounding...

don't shove an iPad into your dick

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Captain Foo posted:

don't shove an iPad into your dick

cool ive just realized that i’ve been around the internet long enough that i can imagine what this’d look like. :thumbsup:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Silver Alicorn posted:

it's definitely almost as thick as a classic ipad and the non laminated screen is a deal breaker imo

idk why it’s a deal breaker but i really like it, it’s really good

it’s super speedy and idk.. does ipad things. the pencil is as good or as bad as you are but i love 2 use IT

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

President Beep posted:

cool ive just realized that i’ve been around the internet long enough that i can imagine what this’d look like. :thumbsup:

the ‘new primitive’ version of one of those tribespeople with the lip plate

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

NoneMoreNegative posted:

the ‘new primitive’ version of one of those tribespeople with the lip plate

yeah pretty much.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

I want that Apple polo so bad

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Hed posted:

I want that Apple polo so bad

i have some apple cufflinks that someone got me that i've never worn (rainbow).

if by some weird twist of fate i ever go to a wwdc i guess i'll wear them

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
I really enjoy my iPad but I am skeptical about the pencil and I don’t think I want to spend $99 to find out if I’m right.

Of course it’s early in the day and I’m thinking clearly, so when I’m coming home from work and exhausted I’ll probably break down and swing by the Apple store to pick one up.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

you can always return it

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

I use the latest surface and it's a lot better. Has a pencil too. Similar price as the IPad Pro.

You can make programs on it for one. Run hackintosh on it if you want. And still use it as a tablet

You can do engineering on it with proper tools too, not this ludicrous uMake Apple puts in their "Pro" ads:

Like yeah I'm going to make a jet engine in that, right

IPads are bad. And just expensive netbooks p. much. Surface does all that and more

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 17:10 on May 17, 2018

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

remember how pissed they got when iphones got bigger screens

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Toady posted:

remember how pissed they got when iphones got bigger screens

rightly so?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i love my giant iphone

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
each day we drift a little further from Steve’s light

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

Stymie posted:

rightly so?

3.5” was most correct, 4” was a decent compromise, everything since sucks and i’m still not over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Private Speech posted:

I use the latest surface and it's a lot better. Has a pencil too. Similar price as the IPad Pro.

You can make programs on it for one. Run hackintosh on it if you want. And still use it as a tablet

You can do engineering on it with proper tools too, not this ludicrous uMake Apple puts in their "Pro" ads:

Like yeah I'm going to make a jet engine in that, right

IPads are bad. And just expensive netbooks p. much. Surface does all that and more

lol gently caress you

• Locked thread