Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

i could have sworn I read something a few weeks ago about nintendo using a different CPU in future Switch revisions. i wonder if this is the reason?

That "technical explanation" from reswitched that you linked was already sent to nvidia at some past date, and they said they were going to release it publicly this June or when other hackers figured it out. The latter happened today so they released it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

aw poo poo i'll actually have to buy gal gun 7 and hajime no molest: WC de anata no crouch wo kosuru. ~+*crying tears edition+*~ if the 7.0 firmware isnt hacked asap

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

I used to enjoy how long it took to get to islands. I would turn my wavebird off and then try to slightly hold the c-stick while turning it back on so the camera would slowly rotate across the horizon really dramatically.

lol........

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Not Switch news but this is insane to me -- some people have managed to decompile Metroid Prime and are making progress on a source port that runs natively on PCs. Apparently whatever they've hacked together with Retro's engine is also applicable to Donkey Kong Returns so that could end up getting PC ported as well

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Cobalt Viper posted:

Why do people care about PC ports of GC/Wii games when Dolphin can run them already at 4k/120fps?

That's exactly why it's such an insane stunt lol, what they're doing is extremely time and labor intensive and mostly pointless . Theoretically the system requirements would be MUCH lower (like, hardware on par with the Gamecube, which is one half of a Wii or 1/4 of a Wii U) to play the port as opposed to emulating so I guess there is a small advantage there

• Locked thread