Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)
I can't speak on most of these points (if any), but you would want an LLP with your buddy most likely. State laws vary. It is helpful for tax purposes, and protects you from being personally liable in the case that your game causes seizures or is actually snow crash irl. You should end up paying quarterly on your expected personal income from the company (if any, i.e. in the case that you live off of another source of income), and you won't be double-taxed.

I don't know about the foreign owner thing, but all you need to do is record the split ownership in your articles/filings and make some arrangements for later contributions, partners, and how that might affect ownership down the road.

This is all from personal experience so it may be totally wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
I use the name of an animal, and I put just the name of the animal on everything, as it is filed on a fictitious name resolution. Other businesses in other states or countries use the same name, but it would be very difficult to confuse our businesses otherwise. I ofc am not a lawyer or good at business but I'd imagine Bunsoft would be acceptable as long as you aren't trying to use the goodwill they've established with Sunsoft, or confuse customers.

I dunno if you've stumbled across here: http://dos.myflorida.com/sunbiz/start-business/ ... I was trying to find the forms and a sample for you, but they have it pretty well covered. It would be nice if Florida's government sites ended in gov ...

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
I use a product called wave that does everything I need times a hundred, as far as accounting is concerned.

• Locked thread