Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

veiled boner fuel posted:

A significant percentage of proposed solutions itt involve dick sucking for some reason.

the truth will out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Wait for winter, follow footprints in snow. Join the local biathlon club to practice the hunt if you must.

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:
OP thanks for explaining that. Are there any resources available to you through the recycling program to secure drop off areas? Like, maybe they have some kind of timed gate they subsidize or something like that.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
do you think the thief will go to prom with me :kiddo:

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

R.L. Stine posted:

do you think the thief will go to prom with me :kiddo:

Wow this is awkward.. the thief & I have been talking for a while already

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Get a good quality chainsaw and wait there one night in the dark. Just get shitface drunk while you're waiting. When the guy shows up, start your chainsaw and step out of the darkness, pants around your ankles, lovely clown makeup on your face, and just scream laughter while waving your running chainsaw around.

He'll never come back.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

Ardemia posted:

OP thanks for explaining that. Are there any resources available to you through the recycling program to secure drop off areas? Like, maybe they have some kind of timed gate they subsidize or something like that.

Last time I read all the paperwork I think they said "contain it within a fence" which I know will absolutely not work because people will just leave poo poo outside the fence or hop it. They don't provide any of that stuff and in fact we had to fight with them to allow a shipping container to protect the it in the first place, originally they had us load everything on pallets that were just left unprotected until they came by and picked them all up. It looked like poo poo. We were prepared to buy the container ourselves and they said no if we're gonna do this we'll provide it.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
I'm super enthralled by all these trash logistics

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Are you absolutely sure it wasn't like a big raccoon or something

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:
Chip and Dale but instead of rescue rangers its refuse rangers

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Make a circle of salt, purveyors of evil cannot cross a salt line

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

R.L. Stine posted:

because stealing is a crime I guess. For years we've been doing this and I didn't care about theft much because I knew it was gonna happen. now it's a real pain in the rear end. In the last two weeks pretty much anything left out overnight (or gets dropped off overnight), if it doesn't get stolen outright, gets destroyed and broken glass from tvs and rear projection mirrors gets spread out all over the ground. So I guess really when I think about it isn't the stealing that's bothering me but the vandalism. Also we are obligated to care about the trash anyway due to the agreement we signed.

Straight up unless them stealing poo poo is costing you money, like you make negative money as a result not just you don't get paid for someone else's trash, who gives a gently caress

The vandalism sure but if it's just a dude boosting old TV's or whatever gently caress it

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Well Roadhouse led me to believe that there was a "best bouncer in the country" so there must be a "best e-waste guard in the country". Find that person and have them roundhouse kick people caught trying to steal old TV's and poo poo.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Untrustable posted:

Well Roadhouse led me to believe that there was a "best bouncer in the country" so there must be a "best e-waste guard in the country". Find that person and have them roundhouse kick people caught trying to steal old TV's and poo poo.

I think this is your thief op, look at that username. :ninja:

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Straight up unless them stealing poo poo is costing you money, like you make negative money as a result not just you don't get paid for someone else's trash, who gives a gently caress

The vandalism sure but if it's just a dude boosting old TV's or whatever gently caress it

I used to work in a similar place. I was super pissed when a guy walked in and straight up boosted a relatively new computer I had spent a day fixing up.

Not to mention, we priced it super competitively as per the city rules not to outcompete the proper sellers but so poor people could afford electronics.

Don't steal donated goods even if they are broken.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
why should you be entitled to peoples old electronics more than this guy? i feel like he is doing nothing wrong

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I don’t understand why everyone is so defensive of the guy taking all the good poo poo from a shop providing a free service to the community in exchange for the chance to fix up the good poo poo. Also he is smashing stuff and that seems bad.

Dig a big pit and cover it with a tarp. Place a tv on the far side so when he goes to get it he walks on the tarp and falls in the pit. Or you could set up a net trap like in return of the jedi but instead of an animal corpse use electronics as the bait.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

R.L. Stine posted:

Last time I read all the paperwork I think they said "contain it within a fence" which I know will absolutely not work because people will just leave poo poo outside the fence or hop it. They don't provide any of that stuff and in fact we had to fight with them to allow a shipping container to protect the it in the first place, originally they had us load everything on pallets that were just left unprotected until they came by and picked them all up. It looked like poo poo. We were prepared to buy the container ourselves and they said no if we're gonna do this we'll provide it.

If youre too bitchmade for the stressful job of sitting around and letting junk pile up then maybe you should just go home and be a family man.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Some people thinking stealing is A-OK as long as you truly DGAF.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

Razorwired posted:

If youre too bitchmade for the stressful job of sitting around and letting junk pile up then maybe you should just go home and be a family man.

we're a computer/electronics repair shop and retailer and we service a huge area so the trash thing isn't really a big factor in our day. I just wanted to frighten a thief

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

the only thing more pathetic than coming to goons for vigilante justice advice ittyool 2018 would be to back down now

hang out, get drunk and shoot some loving paintballs at him jesus

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Put a bucket of water above the door of the shipping container so he gets drenched when he opens it.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I don't see any vigilante justice in this thread...

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

he didn't show up last night sorry

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

you had nothing ready you charlatan

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Ok, but make an effort post when he does. You will have my 5's, and everyone elses', and when everyone comes to see why this thread is gold you will become popular.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

The smash Bros thread will have an autistic conniption if they hear you're throwing out Sony tube tvs.

my boss's father in law died last year and boss brought a ton of electronic poo poo from FILs office thinking it might be worth something so I looked everything up on ebay and of course it was all crap (poo poo like 100 year old matrix printers) except for there was an old as gently caress sony tube tv that same model was selling for like $200+ blew my mind lol

akma
Jan 30, 2016

I simply lack the motivation to write anything here.
Just open some of the TV's up and loop the incoming power.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Seriously, you said you had video. Be it bad or good I demand this be entered into the court of opinion for this thread.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
also question: why no ink jets?

thank God our guy takes inkjets cause we get a looooot of them -- PRINTHEADS :argh:

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

R.L. Stine posted:

he didn't show up last night sorry

He's in the thread, reading it, learning our methods and how to counteract them.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

R.L. Stine posted:

we're a computer/electronics repair shop and retailer and we service a huge area so the trash thing isn't really a big factor in our day. I just wanted to frighten a thief

So roll up with your employees a couple nights with a couple bats. Shotgun if you can manage it if your state isnt jumpy about that.

Coming to gibbis looking for Home Alone schemes or whatever is why I'm calling you a punk. Let people take their cheap tech that you pay nothing for or protect it. I don't know what elaborate marker bomb or rfid tracking scheme you were suggesting. Youre dealing with a homeless person or a student that lifts stuff to repair and flip on Mercari. Youre gonna look like the crotchety old dick anyway.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

I'm going to plant a cryptominer in his backdoor and you cannot stop me

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Don’t do an elaborate zany trap is terrible advise. Set up a giant version of the mouse trap board game.

420 SWAGLORD
Apr 20, 2014

saban bajramovic

Burt Sexual posted:

Seriously, you said you had video. Be it bad or good I demand this be entered into the court of opinion for this thread.

Post it!

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

rapidly descending into mod challenge territory imo, do we still do those

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Time to go Tony Stark on this. When he shows up, have Iron Man blaring on a stereo and you walk out in a suit of power armor made out of all the recycled junk.
https://youtu.be/9I7vsJxz-0A?t=923

Then it turns out the reason this guy has been stealing stuff is that he's been making Tony Stark armor, too, and he's much better at it.

420 SWAGLORD
Apr 20, 2014

saban bajramovic

JediTalentAgent posted:

Time to go Tony Stark on this. When he shows up, have Iron Man blaring on a stereo and you walk out in a suit of power armor made out of all the recycled junk.
https://youtu.be/9I7vsJxz-0A?t=923

Then it turns out the reason this guy has been stealing stuff is that he's been making Tony Stark armor, too, and he's much better at it.

This guy is consistently killing it itt (I liked ReSAWcle best). Please listen to what he has to say.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Living well is the best revenge, op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Hide in darkness and batter him to death with a baseball. Preferably while shouting "PRANK'D". People will just assume it was a junkie fight.

• Locked thread