Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will the magic hobo select #1 overall?
This poll is closed.
Sam Darnold 15 31.91%
Josh Rosen 4 8.51%
Josh Allen 9 19.15%
Baker Mayfield 12 25.53%
Lamar Jackson 3 6.38%
Saquon Barkley 4 8.51%
Total: 47 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002

Sad King Billy posted:

I think the Denver Broncos will draft Josh Allen.

They won't, but that or trading up would be worst case scenario. I don't think Barkley is the pick if they stay at 5. Hopefully they aren't committed to Shane Ray, but I would be surprised if they go for an edge guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Sad King Billy posted:

I think the Denver Broncos will draft Josh Allen.

This would make the draft for me regardless of who the chargers take

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I really havent been keeping up with anything NFL related since the Superbowl.

I'm guessing that Josh Allen is this years "QB that is 6'3"+, 230, can throw the ball a mile, but can't do anything else and is going to bust horribly."?

Did my own googling and god drat NFL Scouts do not learn.

From NFL.com

quote:

Likely be the biggest boom-or-bust quarterback prospect in the draft. Allen's size and arm talent are prototypical for early first-round picks, but it's rare to find a quarterback with such a low college completion rate become a successful pro. Allen's receivers struggled to separate, but there were plenty of times where his lack of anticipation and post-snap plan did him in. Allen can make some truly special throws, but his ability to improve the mental part of his game will determine whether he's a good NFL starter or just another big, strong-armed guy.

quote:

By Lance Zierlein
NFL Analyst

Draft Projection
Round 1

NFL Comparison
Jake Locker

Paint Crop Pro fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Apr 26, 2018

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Prediction: the Texans trade into the late 2nd round to take an OT, possibly Connor Williams.

TheRico
Mar 1, 2007
I'm a Jets fan and aside from hating myself I really want them to draft Baker Mayfield.

Could be great or a loving a trainwreck but it seems like the most entertaining option either way.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Goodell knows he gonna get the big boos, so he's letting us boo Cowboys at the same time

https://twitter.com/toddarcher/status/989528897535561729

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
What idiots didn't pick Lamar Jackson #1?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I hope Mr. Lamar gets to go to a cool and good team and has a long cool career :)

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Real, Actual Bold Prediction Time: At least 5 decent veteran players will change teams during the draft via trade

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Kalli posted:

Goodell knows he gonna get the big boos, so he's letting us boo Cowboys at the same time

https://twitter.com/toddarcher/status/989528897535561729

It's unbelievable how much the NFL will do to keep people from booing Goodell.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

DariusLikewise posted:

Real, Actual Bold Prediction Time: At least 5 decent veteran players will change teams during the draft via trade

A good prediction, hopefully it happens

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
After a bold two months of completely ignoring football, I have no idea who I want the Packers to draft.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
The Eagles have the 32nd pick in the first round

Two months later, I'm still in heaven

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

DariusLikewise posted:

One of them is gonna be Julio Jones

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

It's pointless to try and guess what is the smartest thing for the Browns to do.They're going to do the Browniest thing possible.

So Baker Mayfield at #1

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

This would make the draft for me regardless of who the chargers take
Hell, same.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I am at Lizardville with hundreds of beer and whisky/burbon/scotch options at my fingertips looking forward to the Browns loving it up

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
My prediction is that either the Lions are going to draft someone who can generate a pass rush or I'm going to cry

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Predictions: Josh Allen's going to be a Jet, Lamar Jackson goes to a good team where he doesn't play, Derwin James goes in the mid-teens instead of top 10. The Chiefs don't do anything today and I lose interest in the late teen picks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Calling Josh Rosen to the Jets. Make it happen.

• Locked thread