Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
I hope next season is entirely in London.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Did Elementary have an episode where the crook of the week had been engineering traffic and building accidents so he could rush in and help and be the hero, or am I confusing it with another programme?

Was it The Mentalist? That sounds familiar. Like, it was the EMT's younger brother screwing with traffic lights?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Accretionist posted:

Was it The Mentalist? That sounds familiar. Like, it was the EMT's younger brother screwing with traffic lights?

Possible, but I haven't actually seen all that much of Mentalist.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Accretionist posted:

I hope next season is entirely in London.

I think that was a House episode

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
That's the thing, it seems like something that would have been on every procedural show imaginable because it's such an obvious plot and I'm not really sure why I've decided it must have been an episode of Elementary. I'd need to have all the various tv shows I have on dvd laid out in front of me to see which of them jumps out at me.

Could have been, I don't know, Millennium or something.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Really good finale, despite having to work the plot around the flimsy premise of Joan being the main suspect. Hannah doing it was nice twist, and Miller, Liu, and Quinn were all great in their scenes together. Agree with the sentiment that it would've been the perfect finale. The last line was the perfectly cutesy feel-good line to end the series on.

I think doing a season in the UK has some potential, but I'd hate to see this show go the way of The Mentalist and limp to the finish line after a hard reset. I'm less worried about that because at least Elementary wasn't trending way down before the reset unlike the Mentalist. I wonder if Quinn and Hall are leaving the show after this season. Hall seemed like he was on the way out anyway with the Marshals storyline which is the perfect write-off that allows for a couple guest spots in the future. I thought all 4 characters had a really good dynamic, so moving forward without that presents some challenges.

Norry
Mar 1, 2005

You gonna get raped...tenderly.

It would be nice to have a decent modern-day Sherlock Holmes series set in London.

Norry fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Sep 19, 2018

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Did they say Mike had a micro dong or did I weirdly dream that

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Milo and POTUS posted:

Did they say Mike had a micro dong or did I weirdly dream that

Sherlock said that there was nothing to see in the missing piece of the photo puzzle where his dong should be and noted that "it very much confirmed the stereotype of the man who abuses women".

jumba
Sep 6, 2004

Hang in there!
Fun Shoe
"Watson, there is a word, a once special word that’s been tragically co-opted by the romance industrial complex, and I would hate to use it here and have you think that I am suggesting any type of romantic sentiment, let alone an invitation to scale bone mountain. It’s a word that comes to us by way of the old high German "luba" from the Latin "lubera" meaning "to be pleasing." So I’m going to use this word to describe how I feel about you in the way that our Anglo-Saxon forefathers would have used it in reference to say "hot bowl of bear meat" or "your enemy's skull split."

"I love you too, Sherlock."

Norry
Mar 1, 2005

You gonna get raped...tenderly.

If you really want some hot sexy Sherlock fanfiction here is a podcast episode you might like, by super professional podcasters with authentic British accents

https://thefpl.us/episode/98

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice
My only problem with the last episode was that it was so perfect as a series finale I don't possibly see how they can meet or beat it for when the series actually ends next season (or whenever it actually ends).

Phi Fi Fo Fum
Dec 28, 2010

Blind Pineapple posted:

I wonder if Quinn and Hall are leaving the show after this season.

https://twitter.com/ELEMENTARYStaff/status/1041885795190112256

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

So, they're coming back to America then? That's disappointing.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Tiggum posted:

So, they're coming back to America then? That's disappointing.

i hope everyone just moves to london

Bell, Gregson, Clyde, hacker kid, the Nose...

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I'm guessing the expense of filming an entire season in London is not as cheap as NYC which is already expensive.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

GreenNight posted:

I'm guessing the expense of filming an entire season in London is not as cheap as NYC which is already expensive.

They can shoot it in Brighton, no one in the US knows the difference.

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014
Put me in the "Thought it was a rather pleasant Series Finale" pile of people.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I liked that finale. I fear that the next series finale won't be as good as this one.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Not a surprise but it's been confirmed that the next season of Elementary will be the last.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Hypocrisy posted:

Not a surprise but it's been confirmed that the next season of Elementary will be the last.

Good. I love this show but we're at a risk of it dragging on too long. Hopefully we can get some proper closure on Moriarty!

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Season 6 ending was so good I would have been happy with it as the series finale, except for the fact that the Moriarty plot thread is still open.

Hopefully the actual finale is as good!

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Adnor posted:

Season 6 ending was so good I would have been happy with it as the series finale, except for the fact that the Moriarty plot thread is still open.

Hopefully the actual finale is as good!

I never picture this show outlasting it's BBC counterpart and being immensely better received in the end.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Mr. Fowl posted:

Good. I love this show but we're at a risk of it dragging on too long. Hopefully we can get some proper closure on Moriarty!

Lol she'll show up for 5 minutes

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Finally watched all of season 6.
Wonder how the show will handle Brexit/if it will handle Brexit at all....... IT"S ALL A PLOT OF MORIARTY'S would be the dumbest possible take on Brexit though.
Liked all of the Irregular callbacks in season 6, the Nose one most of all. Kinda wanted the season1 forensic accountant that never talked back but Everyone pretty much took over their role.

Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation
That was a pretty rubbish finale. How does the FBI conduct an aggressive investigation without anyone ever once pointing out how absurd it would be for a 5 foot 2 woman with two cracked ribs and a head injury to viciously beat a man to death, then singlehandedly move and dump his body halfway across town? Is Malek literally the dumbest fbi agent on the planet or what? Also how exactly would captain Gregson manage to find out about the murder and the body disposal, go to the department and steal the evidence before learning that Joan was the suspect? He was found like, a few hours after he died tops and his daughter spent a good while getting drunk after dumping the body before he even found out she killed him.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Other than the last few scenes (and especially the last one) I wasn't very impressed either.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
A bit late, but we have a premiere date for season 7: May 23rd. :dance:

EDIT: Also, taking S7 thread title suggestions!

TheOneAndOnlyT fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Apr 15, 2019

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Yay!!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Reminder for folk.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Elementary Season 7: Sherlock failed to predict BREXIT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
New thread! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3890044