Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
lmao at how loud that “arsene Wenger we want you to stay” song was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

TheBigAristotle posted:

Xhaka's peak was when he was a kid and he was the one who got the house key or whatever

What

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

can't believe that this is the last time that wengy is going to get dicked on at old trafford

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Xhaka is so bad, lol at his “tackle”

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Upon his arrival at the club, he insisted he is ready to fight in the Premier League and said leadership comes naturally to him.

"I'm an aggressive player and also a leader. I'm only 23 but I captained a good team in Germany," Xhaka said.

"When I was younger, even though I had a big brother, my parents would give me the house key every day."

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Who ever looked at Xhaka and went 'Yes.....this is the player that will fix and improve the Arsenal midfield and is worth tens of millions of pounds' should be fired into the sun.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Who ever looked at Xhaka and went 'Yes.....this is the player that will fix and improve the Arsenal midfield and is worth tens of millions of pounds' should be fired into the sun.

I could be wrong but I think Xhaka, Mustafi and Perez were all signed mainly on stats for some reason.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

TheBigAristotle posted:

Upon his arrival at the club, he insisted he is ready to fight in the Premier League and said leadership comes naturally to him.

"I'm an aggressive player and also a leader. I'm only 23 but I captained a good team in Germany," Xhaka said.

"When I was younger, even though I had a big brother, my parents would give me the house key every day."

lol

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

In the same year kante was available

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

I’ll own up to rating him pre-Arsenal.

Liverpool was pursuing him for a while I was mad we didn’t get him. I think Xhaka was being touted as a great defensive midfielder that summer.

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small
im glad arsene is dead

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I could be wrong but I think Xhaka, Mustafi and Perez were all signed mainly on stats for some reason.

Between Josh Kroenke touting 'Money ball' and Stan's 'stats' company taking a few million per season for 'services rendered' I'm pretty sure this might be the case.

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

In the same year kante was available

Still mad about that.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Between Josh Kroenke touting 'Money ball' and Stan's 'stats' company taking a few million per season for 'services rendered' I'm pretty sure this might be the case.

Just read an article that confirmed they used StatDNA for a while, Gabriel was the first signing they used it for - it also identified Higuain and De Bruyne but they couldn’t sign the former and doubted the latter - so it turns out you actually need a loving decent scout after all.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Just read an article that confirmed they used StatDNA for a while, Gabriel was the first signing they used it for - it also identified Higuain and De Bruyne but they couldn’t sign the former and doubted the latter - so it turns out you actually need a loving decent scout after all.

Lol the best club. Elneny was a StatsDNA one too right?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Jamie Redknapp doesn't usually make any sense but he's just pointed out how Xhaka wasn't tracking back for Pogba's goal. I can't believe how this just keeps happening.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Lol the best club. Elneny was a StatsDNA one too right?

Dunno. I remember Wenger saying they had been watching him for years.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm watching a sky stream on which a Cadbury commercial came up and I was reminded of the fact that brits actually think that cadbury is good chocolate lol

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Great, Lukaku's dead.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

AHAHAHHAHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH MICKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Lol terrible defending and keeping

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I welcome Arsenal's 20 year old centerback injuring Lukaku and possibly costing United a trophy

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
What a time to turn on the game lmao

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Oh Micky you so fine

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

you so fine you blow my mind, hey micky

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
get in henrikh

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

That's a nice shot

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

God drat that was a goal from Mkhitaryan.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
looking forward to seeing what Mkhi can do next season, glory to Armenia gently caress to Azerbaijan

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Oh great, here comes Fellaini to win the game.

E: United look pretty bad going forward again. Just safe, boring passes that are unlikely to break down Arsenal.

Also lol @ Danny Welbeck muscling Marouaine "Hard Man" Fellaini off the ball like a baby.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Apr 29, 2018

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

RIP ospina

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Mavropanos looks alright for a kid making his debut, lol @ Wenger not rating him and being unhappy about Mislentat signing him.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

It's been insanely boring since Arsenal's goal.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Arsenal are doing nothing and so are United, but United have the ball.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

West007 posted:

Arsenal are doing nothing and so are United, but United have the ball.

United seem to be going for Moyes' cross record. Pass it to Young, shank in a cross, look frustrated, repeat.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Lol offside. Suck it.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Miles off

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
Lmao yesssss. Get.... out?

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curried lamb of God