Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Ospina is trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
God drat arsenal. You had one job.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
lolspina

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

:smithicide:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

curried lamb of God posted:

Martial is a tremendous player, no idea why Mou doesn't rate him

Because Mourinho is a stubborn pissbaby who can only comprehend one insanely boring way of doing things.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

It'd be cool to have a keeper who wasn't a short arse.

Or poo poo.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Der Shovel posted:

Oh great, here comes Fellaini to win the game.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Der Shovel posted:

Welp.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

gently caress Ospina

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Ospina should have saved that, come the gently caress on

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
how many tens of millions will Oblak cost us in the offseason

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Arsenal are funny

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Arsenal are now guaranteed to finish out of the top 4.

E: and United have guaranteed a top 4 finish.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

:qq:

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Der Shovel posted:

Arsenal are now guaranteed to finish out of the top 4.

E: and United have guaranteed a top 4 finish.
Thanks for these meaningless stats

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
same load of piss all season

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Arsenal looked plucky, this is probably the best they could have wished for

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Vegetable posted:

Thanks for these meaningless stats

You know that the top 4 teams play in the Champions League, right?

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Xhaka with the captain's armband... I dont know lads

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Der Shovel posted:

You know that the top 4 teams play in the Champions League, right?
No poo poo, the team 10 points above 4th place coming into this match was going to qualify for the champion's league?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

gently caress off Wenger lol.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Der Shovel posted:

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Fellaini regularly scores big goals and plays selflessly, but many Man-U fans still hate him. The guy can’t catch a break.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Brony Car posted:

Fellaini regularly scores big goals and plays selflessly, but many Man-U fans still hate him. The guy can’t catch a break.

Yeah because he offsets his contribution with wild flail fouls in important games

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Brony Car posted:

he's a good lad who plays well

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
i feel bad

for pablo zabaleta

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Eau de MacGowan posted:

i feel bad

for pablo zabaleta

It shouldn't have been his own goal. He's not the one who put it on target.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Brony Car posted:

Sure, because the 99,9% of the time when he isn't actively scoring goals, he usually either doesn't help the team or worse, actively hinders it. He's suited only for one style of play, and that style happens to be awful and boring, and whenever he's on the pitch that's the way United play. He can't pass, he can't hold up the ball, he can't do pretty much anything else than be a big man in the box who occasionally wins headers.

E: someone else put it better:

quote:

Fellaini can be a game-changer, but he can also get United stuck in the mud, especially against top-quality opposition.

This season, he has scored just four Premier League goals, but there have been no assists, despite his aerial prowess and ability to knock the ball down for his teammates.

According to official Premier League statistics, Fellaini has not even created a goal-scoring chance this season. He has delivered just three crosses, with a 0 percent accuracy rate, and has produced no through balls.

How about the defensive side of Fellaini's game? Well, again using Premier League data, he has made 15 tackles, with a 53 percent success rate.

He has won four 50-50 battles and, when it comes to aerial duels he has won 33 and lost 21, so he is perhaps not the unique game-changer that Mourinho believes him to be.

Fellaini has made a valuable contribution at United, but while he remains at the club, will they truly be a challenger for the major honours?

As it stands, his presence gives Mourinho the easy option to go long and resist a more creative approach.

Clubs who win the biggest prizes rely on skill, craft and flair to break down stubborn opponents, rather than a player like Fellaini, because creating gaps in the final third is a much more reliable way to score than launching the ball on to a big midfielder's head and hoping for the best.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Apr 30, 2018

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Appreciate the help from the keeper there

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Watford will look promising and then concede at least another 2 goals. It is written.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Smart slip by Kane to set himself up for the other foot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Will Hughes shouldn’t have facial hair

• Locked thread