Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

rip saquon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
LeVeon to the Jets what

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Possible. Not convinced, but definitely possible.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Poque posted:

LeVeon to the Jets what

I'm trying to figure out what this will do for his value, and I just cannot

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

OBJ #1 WR off the board.

Nuk, Juju, & Adams still ahead of OBJ to me.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I think I'm going Nuk, OBJ, Adams. The big question is where Brown falls.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I need a big ol show your work for JuJu at 2. He doesn't have a lot of room to grow in terms of target volume, plus the shrinking of the offense, plus the better defenders guarding him.

I trust you I just don't see where JuJu can take a massive step forward from 166 targets when AB maxed out at 193. It's baking in a step forward in the flukiest of things: touchdowns

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Where do ABs 169 targets from last year go? When he was out week 17, his targets basically went to Rogers and Samuels.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ben Nevis posted:

Where do ABs 169 targets from last year go? When he was out week 17, his targets basically went to Rogers and Samuels.

To the secret superstar, James Washington

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Azhais posted:

To the secret superstar, James Washington

This is the answer for mining value in Pittsburgh. He had 65+ yards in week 15 and 17

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Ben Nevis posted:

I think I'm going Nuk, OBJ, Adams. The big question is where Brown falls.

I have obj more down around wr 6/7 now. I think this is not really great for him. Browns threw less than the Giants last year, and even less with kitchens and Baker. Hard to make room for a 160 target year for OBJ, especially if they start winning games and running the ball more due to grinding out clock.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Zauper posted:

I have obj more down around wr 6/7 now. I think this is not really great for him. Browns threw less than the Giants last year, and even less with kitchens and Baker. Hard to make room for a 160 target year for OBJ, especially if they start winning games and running the ball more due to grinding out clock.

The other way to look at this is that Baker will be trusted more in his 2nd year and now they have a legit gamebreaking WR option, so the passing volume increases.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Zauper posted:

Landry saw 149 targets, that can easily dip by a good bit. Callaway, Higgins, Perriman, and Ratley combined for 175. Duke Johnson saw 62, Chubb+Hyde 38. Take 30 targets from Landry, 20 total from the RBs, and 100ish from that collection of WRs. And yeah, that's assuming they don't throw any more than they did last year, despite Baker being awesome and adding Beckham to the mix.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Spoeank posted:

This is the answer for mining value in Pittsburgh. He had 65+ yards in week 15 and 17

I feel by the time draft season rolls around he is going to be so overhyped as a sleeper he will be going way too early.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Zauper posted:

I read that Baker was the #1 QB by passer rating for downfield throws in the 8 (?) weeks he started - this should be a pretty great situation for both he and OBJ. But it isn't like wr6/7 is a bad thing anyway, WR is pretty top-heavy.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

jabro posted:

I feel by the time draft season rolls around he is going to be so overhyped as a sleeper he will be going way too early.

This. I'm kinda feeling like most of the Steelers are going to go higher than I'd rank them next year. Except Vance McDonald.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Hey, you know how much better this place is than LITERALLY EVERY OTHER FANTASY SITE ON THE PLANET?

Well unless Lowtax gets his dumb idiot spine fixed this place could die faster than the Giant's 2019 season.

Support this site. Use the donate link up top or be a Patreon.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm a patron. All I really want is a gang tag.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

kiimo posted:

I'm a patron. All I really want is a gang tag.

If you donate enough you can get a sweet donor badge

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

How much do I have to donate to see the good posts in here?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Gearman posted:

How much do I have to donate to see the good posts in here?

Donate $69 and then click this link (it'll work without the donation too)

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Gobias Ind. posted:

The other way to look at this is that Baker will be trusted more in his 2nd year and now they have a legit gamebreaking WR option, so the passing volume increases.

It's possible, but... well, efficient offenses with gamebreaking WRs tended to pass the same or less than the browns did last year. KC threw the ball 9 more times than the Browns (same as the Giants). The Rams threw it 6 fewer times. Teams that tended to get a lead and hold it with good defense, rather than having high scoring games like those two threw it significantly less -- the Chargers (and Bears) passed 62 fewer times. Given the playcalling distribution of Kitchens and the expectations for the Browns D to be really good, I'd expect them to be running out the clock more.

quote:

Landry saw 149 targets, that can easily dip by a good bit. Callaway, Higgins, Perriman, and Ratley combined for 175. Duke Johnson saw 62, Chubb+Hyde 38. Take 30 targets from Landry, 20 total from the RBs, and 100ish from that collection of WRs. And yeah, that's assuming they don't throw any more than they did last year, despite Baker being awesome and adding Beckham to the mix.

I think expecting the collection of WR3s to go from ~170 targets to ~50 is pretty ridiculous. More likely the bulk of the volume comes from Landry's role and he takes it from Njoku, which has other fantasy implications, and seems unlikely because Kitchens seemed to like Njoku. If you look at other teams with similar passing volume and WR quality, you'll see the top WR don't usually wind up with that kind of volume (10+ tgts/game like OBJ was getting). The Steelers do it, but they also throw the ball ~100 more times than the Browns did last year, and lead the league by about 50 pass attempts:
Rams - Woods 132, Cooks 116, Kupp+Reynolds 109, and 80ish to the TEs.
Chiefs - Kelce 150, Hill 136, Watkins 55
NEP - Edelman 108, Gronk 72
Vikings - Thielen 155, Diggs 148

The Vikings do it, but they do it by essentially not throwing to anyone but Thielen, Diggs, and Rudolph. Kitchens spread the ball around a lot more, and clearly likes Njoku and maybe Callaway. Maybe OBJ means they won't spread the ball around while they did with Landry, we'll see -- but I think expecting OBJ to see the same kind of 160+ targets he was getting in NY is unrealistic.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
We finally had our end of year payout/rules meeting today. Nothing major, but now I'm jonesing to have a draft now. Too bad we've got five months to go. :(

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Even if OBJ sees a dip in targets, the fact that Baker is throwing him the football instead of Eli is a significant upgrade.

I just realized Freddie Kitchens is their head coach and I don't know how to feel about that.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Fitzmagic is now the starting QB of the Miami Dophins. Who still have DeVante Parker.

Is it just me or is this year seemingly primed to have several teams that should be avoided at all costs? I feel like Washington, the NY Giants, and now the Dolphins are going to be fantasy wastelands. Am I wrong in thinking this?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Fitzmagic is now the starting QB of the Miami Dophins. Who still have DeVante Parker.

Is it just me or is this year seemingly primed to have several teams that should be avoided at all costs? I feel like Washington, the NY Giants, and now the Dolphins are going to be fantasy wastelands. Am I wrong in thinking this?

I think it is too soon to say. If the Giants draft a QB, I think they aren't as scary. I still love Saquon. But Miami is a dumpster fire I have no faith in.

The big lesson I took from last year was to take ten teams and just not draft anyone on them. I want high-powered offenses.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sataere posted:

I think it is too soon to say. If the Giants draft a QB, I think they aren't as scary. I still love Saquon. But Miami is a dumpster fire I have no faith in.

The big lesson I took from last year was to take ten teams and just not draft anyone on them. I want high-powered offenses.

I don't see how a rookie would make them less scary. They have no receivers, outside of maybe Evan Engram.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Funny enough, the Giants player with the most receptions last year was Saquon Barkley with 91. He was also only three targets behind OBJ for most targets on the team. Pretty safe to say that Barkley is now the Giants best RB and WR.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Barkley going to see stacked boxes every down

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Gearman posted:

Funny enough, the Giants player with the most receptions last year was Saquon Barkley with 91. He was also only three targets behind OBJ for most targets on the team. Pretty safe to say that Barkley is now the Giants best RB and WR.

He'll be dead by week 3.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I am currently getting yelled at on Twitter dot com because apparently the consensus #6 dyno TE Hunter Henry was "left for dead" and I said that was stupid to say.

Everyone is dumb as hell about fantasy football and it's exhausting.

Including me.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Spoeank posted:

I am currently getting yelled at on Twitter dot com because apparently the consensus #6 dyno TE Hunter Henry was "left for dead" and I said that was stupid to say.

Including me.

Wait are people not expecting him to do well?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Wait are people not expecting him to do well?

No! He's consensus TE6 and people on fantasy Twitter just make things up to better serve their point because being in line with the consensus isn't sexy.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Spoeank posted:

Including me.

He’s a sell for me because so many people still over value him.

I don't see any possible chance he gets the target volume to live up to his ADP. He would need a Keenan Allen or Mike Williams injury, IMO. I see him getting 85-95 targets, maybe 100 if he's lucky. With Mike Williams being the established TD guy, where's the ceiling?

He's valued at TE6-8 in dynasty right now and that's probably his absolute ceiling production. I'd bet Austin Hooper out-produces Henry and you can pivot to Henry from Hooper and get a piece on top rather easily. Mark Andrews is another guy you can pivot too in the same type of deal. He really isn't different than either of those two players.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Alfalfa posted:

He’s a sell for me because so many people still over value him.

I don't see any possible chance he gets the target volume to live up to his ADP. He would need a Keenan Allen or Mike Williams injury, IMO. I see him getting 85-95 targets, maybe 100 if he's lucky. With Mike Williams being the established TD guy, where's the ceiling?

He's valued at TE6-8 in dynasty right now and that's probably his absolute ceiling production. I'd bet Austin Hooper out-produces Henry and you can pivot to Henry from Hooper and get a piece on top rather easily. Mark Andrews is another guy you can pivot too in the same type of deal. He really isn't different than either of those two players.

85-95 targets is right in line with ~TE6? iirc there were 5 TEs with more than 90 targets last year.

Mike Williams is really no more than established TD guy than HH frankly -- they've played a similar number of games, and HH has more TDs, and Williams isn't exactly a target hog.

He needs an injury to compete with the top 2/3 TEs, but he doesn't to live up to a value of 6-8.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Without any knowledge of the draft and assuming no injuries, where exactly where you put Le'Veon Bell in the RB rankings this year? 5th? 6th?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well take Hunt and Gurley and Saquon and lower all of them. I'd rather have Bell than any of them.

Who would be higher than Bell? Zeke.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

Without any knowledge of the draft and assuming no injuries, where exactly where you put Le'Veon Bell in the RB rankings this year? 5th? 6th?

I think probably 8th depending on how you order up your tiers

T1 Zeke/Saquon/Gurley
T2 Kamara/CMC/Gordon/Conner/Bell

Then a drop to like Chubb and Mixon and DJ. Chubb could arguably be above Bell though.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Spoeank posted:

I think probably 8th depending on how you order up your tiers

T1 Zeke/Saquon/Gurley
T2 Kamara/CMC/Gordon/Conner/Bell

Then a drop to like Chubb and Mixon and DJ. Chubb could arguably be above Bell though.

Weird to think of David Johnson as a Tier 3 RB. I'm not saying you're wrong, but that's a pretty steep drop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

More surprising Gurley as tier 1. Dude has arthritis in his knee. if you want to chance that as your top pick go right ahead.