Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Yeah but he's "tier 3" but arguably still a RB1. Thats just baking in the Cardinals offense not getting appreciably better despite Kliff Kingsbury. That will likely change after the draft if they sufficiently shake things up but that offense was deficient in basically all aspects last season and I'm not eager to dip my toe into that water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Weird to think of David Johnson as a Tier 3 RB. I'm not saying you're wrong, but that's a pretty steep drop.

It's not his talent it's his situation. Cardinals offense is just putrid.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

jabro posted:

More surprising Gurley as tier 1. Dude has arthritis in his knee. if you want to chance that as your top pick go right ahead.

People in the #3-5 spots next year are going to have a terrible decision to make regarding Gurley. At the moment, I think I'd have to put Kamara and CMC above him just due to risk aversion. Luckily, we have 5 months to gather more info.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

coronaball posted:

People in the #3-5 spots next year are going to have a terrible decision to make regarding Gurley. At the moment, I think I'd have to put Kamara and CMC above him just due to risk aversion. Luckily, we have 5 months to gather more info.

Realistically, do the Panthers have to scale back CMC’s workload at least a little? I feel like that’s the narrative, but no idea if it’s true, if he had way more work than other three down RBs. He had right at 70% of the non-QB carries and a shade under 23% of all team targets. I guess we’ll see who they draft or sign before it comes time for redraft drafts.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

sourdough posted:

Realistically, do the Panthers have to scale back CMC’s workload at least a little? I feel like that’s the narrative, but no idea if it’s true, if he had way more work than other three down RBs. He had right at 70% of the non-QB carries and a shade under 23% of all team targets. I guess we’ll see who they draft or sign before it comes time for redraft drafts.

Nah, because so many if his touches are in the passing game. He had 200 touches rushing, which puts him in the top ten, but he never felt like he was being run into the ground. The balance in his usage should limit the wear and tear.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
On the Around the NFL podcast, Rapsheet said the Rams RB coach told him that "things are gonna be different" for Gurley going forward.

Don't like that.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Spoeank posted:

On the Around the NFL podcast, Rapsheet said the Rams RB coach told him that "things are gonna be different" for Gurley going forward.

Don't like that.

Whatever the hell is going on, it sounds like a situation to avoid.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Does anyone know what the Yahoo bronze, silver, gold, etc. account rankings do, if anything?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

dkj posted:

Does anyone know what the Yahoo bronze, silver, gold, etc. account rankings do, if anything?

iirc if you're doing a public league you can set it so only people of a certain rank are in. So you can even out the playing field.

Also, per the Fantasy Football Today Podcast :siren:Jay Gruden says Jordan Reed will be healthy :siren:

This is it, everyone, we've waited for so long and finally our ship has come in. Reed has been solidly reassembled using the finest spit, and will take your fantasy team to an undefeated record (for the first five weeks of the season).

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Drunk Nerds posted:

iirc if you're doing a public league you can set it so only people of a certain rank are in. So you can even out the playing field.

Wondering with regards to the paid public leagues.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

dkj posted:

From what I can tell it's as useless as the Yahoo Draft Rankings.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

RCarr posted:

From what I can tell it's as useless as the Yahoo Draft Rankings.

Thanks

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I love Yahoo Draft Rankings. It makes me feel that I can be anything I want, even a fantasy expert.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I love Yahoo Draft Rankings. It makes me feel that I can be anything I want, even a fantasy expert.

Last year I was trying to reverse engineer the formula to ensure I got a 100. I would go through dozens of mocktions getting 96-99s, never once could figure out how to get a 100

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

:lol: FFStatistics put literally every single part of their website behind a paywall. Get the gently caress outta here.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1116037334494060553?s=19

Favre to Rodgers imo

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Thank god, we can all finally get back to drafting the proper *SJ.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Perfect time in dynasty to sell ASJ.

Everyone seems to have forgotten that they already brought in a TE they think is solid and paying him pretty much double what they are ASJ.

https://twitter.com/tjcalkins/status/1116041218859859969?s=21

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Alfalfa posted:

Perfect time in dynasty to sell ASJ.

Everyone seems to have forgotten that they already brought in a TE they think is solid and paying him pretty much double what they are ASJ.

https://twitter.com/tjcalkins/status/1116041218859859969?s=21

Sure, if anyone is willing to pay much for ASJ, but LaCosse has 41 career targets since being a UDFA in 2015. They need TEs with losing both Gronk and Allen, them paying a slightly larger pittance for one than the other when both contracts are super cheap doesn't mean much either.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

In my MFL Dynasty league, I have it set so that once a player is promoted from the taxi squad, they can never go back on it. This week I renewed my league for 2019, and now it is allowing owners to put players on the taxi squad who have previously been promoted from the taxi squad. Any idea why? Does it not carry over from one year to the next? What's the best way to solve this issue?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

MFL does not track that info from one year to the next. You could handle it by using the "contract" field which is basically a free text field you can use for anything; or, you can do what I do and periodically audit teams to see if any of the players on their taxis shouldn't be there, and otherwise just making everyone self-enforce.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Okay folks we're almost near the point where the new thread gets put up. Couple things:

1. Any changes needed in the OP?

2. What should the new title be? Currently leaning towards "Fantasy Football 2019: Bad Process. Good results."

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Okay folks we're almost near the point where the new thread gets put up. Couple things:

1. Any changes needed in the OP?

2. What should the new title be? Currently leaning towards "Fantasy Football 2019: Bad Process. Good results."

Give me a couple days and I can tweak/update/curate the Twitter follows list for you

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

“Fantasy Football 2019: Making every wrong decision possible.”

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Here's an updated twitter list for fantasy:

Twitter
Real NFL Guys
@AlbertBreer
@gregcosell
@mortreport
@AdamSchefter

Football Guys
@Sigmundbloom Produces the excellent "Audible" podcast. My favorite follow.
@MattWaldman Writes the Rookie Scouting Portfolio. I'm not sure he sleeps.
@JeneBramel MD and Football Guy, excellent for injury updates on gameday morning and IDP advice

The Fantasy Footballers - some people don't like them (too much fluff) but they are insanely accurate
@JasonFFL
@AndyHolloway
@ffhitman

CBS Sports
@DaveRichard - might be the nicest guy in fantasy
@JameyEisenberg - doesn't sleep
@HeathCummingssr - contrarian takes
@CTowersCBS - mix baseball/football
@AdamAizer - Trash takes

ESPN
@MikeClayNFL - The only one worth your time on their godawful analysis network
@StephaniaESPN - ok, Stephanie Bell is good, too.

NFL
@ChrisWesseling - Former Rotoworld writer, great real life football knowledge
@GreggRosenthal - Same
@AdamRank - Fantasy Analyst

Rotoworld
@LordReebs
@JoshNorris
@EvanSilva - The GOAT
@RotoPat - The guy who writes the funny Rotoworld blurbs

Yahoo!
@scott_pianowski
@AndyBehrens - boring
@LizLoza_FF
@MattHarmon_BYB - The Reception Perception guy.
@YahooNoise - Accurate/ballsy, but can take over a twitter feed

Misc. Writers/PFF Guys
@friscojosh - The Airyards Guy. Kind of an rear end in a top hat but has great WR insight
@CDCarter13 - FF #taeks and owning the ilbs
@LateRoundQB - JJ Zachariason, Editor-in-Chief at Fanduel & Numberfire
@ChrisRaybon - DFS Expert, but gives some good insight
@ScottBarrettDFB - Head PFF Fantasy Analyst, extraordinarily good info
@MikeTagliereNFL - lead NFL Writer, Fantasypros
@Allinkid - Lead Writer, The Athletic Fantasy
@4for4_John - from 4for4, most accurate guy the last couple years
@TJHernandez - DFS Director, 4for4

@HarrisFootball - lol gently caress this guy

If I forgot anyone lemme know and I will edit them in so Beer can just C&P this

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Apr 22, 2019

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm getting no results searching for @4for4_Paul

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Whoops should be 4for4_John. John Paulsen and my brain said "Paul Johnson" and messed up his handle.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Apr 22, 2019

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I was offered a 2020 2nd round pick for Jameis Winston. I know 2020 is supposed to be a monster draft. Thoughts?

PPR Salary Cap Dynasty League. 25 man rosters (Not including 3 IR and 3 Taxi slots). Salaries increase by 10% or $1 each season (Whichever is higher). The salary cap is $250.

Here is my current roster (prices shown are what players will cost this coming season)

QB:
Andrew Luck $14
Jared Goff $4
Jameis Winston $2

WR:
Antonio Brown $56
DeAndre Hopkins $29
Alshon Jeffery $23
Allen Robinson $13
DeVante Parker $5
Robby Anderson $4
Devin Funchess $3
Dede Westbrook $3
Marqise Lee $2
Curtis Samuel $2
Equanimeous St Brown $2
Jake Kumerow $2

RB:
Joe Mixon $23
Mark Ingram $12
Phillip Lindsay $10
Sony Michel $9
Nyheim Hines $5
Rex Burkhead $5
Dion Lewis $3
Justin Jackson $2

TE:
Hunter Henry $4
Eric Ebron $3

TAXI SQUAD (Does not count against Salary Cap or Roster Spot Cap)
Robert Foster $2
Deon Cain $2

My draft picks for this year (2019)
TWO 1st round picks (Both guaranteed to be top 5 overall. They will be $17 if they fall between #1-#4 overall, or $15 for #5 overall)
TWO 2nd round picks (Will be either $11 or $9 each)
ONE 3rd round pick ($5)
TWO 4th round picks ($3 each)
ONE 5th round pick ($1)
ONE 6th round pick ($1)
These picks are optional, I am not forced to use any of them.

So right now I sit at $240. I still need to clear cap space for whatever draft picks I want to use. Will probably keep the two lottery picks and trade off the rest.

My question is basically, should I accept this as a way to drop $2, or should I keep Winston at his basement price, and look to shed salary elsewhere?

RCarr fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Apr 23, 2019

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

RCarr posted:

I was offered a 2020 2nd round pick for Jameis Winston. I know 2020 is supposed to be a monster draft. Thoughts?
I say this as a non-dynasty player but I would think you should take drat near anything that anyone offers for Jameis Winston, a guy who was benched in favor of Ryan Fitzpatrick for most of last year.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

PPR Salary Cap Dynasty League. 25 man rosters (Not including 3 IR and 3 Taxi slots). Salaries increase by 10% or $1 each season (Whichever is higher). The salary cap is $250.

Here is my current roster (prices shown are what players will cost this coming season)

QB:
Andrew Luck $14
Jared Goff $4
Jameis Winston $2

WR:
Antonio Brown $56
DeAndre Hopkins $29
Alshon Jeffery $23
Allen Robinson $13
DeVante Parker $5
Robby Anderson $4
Devin Funchess $3
Dede Westbrook $3
Marqise Lee $2
Curtis Samuel $2
Equanimeous St Brown $2
Jake Kumerow $2

RB:
Joe Mixon $23
Mark Ingram $12
Phillip Lindsay $10
Sony Michel $9
Nyheim Hines $5
Rex Burkhead $5
Dion Lewis $3
Justin Jackson $2

TE:
Hunter Henry $4
Eric Ebron $3

TAXI SQUAD (Does not count against Salary Cap or Roster Spot Cap)
Robert Foster $2
Deon Cain $2

My draft picks for next year:
TWO 1st round picks (Both guaranteed to be top 5 overall. They will be $17 if they fall between #1-#4 overall, or $15 for #5 overall)
TWO 2nd round picks (Will be either $11 or $9 each)
ONE 3rd round pick ($5)
TWO 4th round picks ($3 each)
ONE 5th round pick ($1)
ONE 6th round pick ($1)
These picks are optional, I am not forced to use any of them.

So right now I sit at $240. I still need to clear cap space for whatever draft picks I want to use. Will probably keep the two lottery picks and trade off the rest.

My question is basically, should I accept this as a way to drop $2, or should I keep Winston at his basement price, and look to shed salary elsewhere?

If it's 1 QB, getting a 2nd for Jameis is great. Problem is your salary structure makes 2nd rounders arguably the worst value of any of the picks: substantially less likely to hit than a 1st but not substantially less salary. It definitely is not an effective salary dump, obviously, so if that's all you're using it for, look for someone else to drop. Guys like Burkhead and Lewis are worth a good deal less and cost you too much.

Actually, when you say picks are optional, you just mean you don't need to use them all, right? Or can you selectively choose not to use a 2nd or something, while still using later round picks? If the latter, is salary determined by the actual pick numbers that get used (i.e., if the owner of pick 2.12 forgoes using it, pick 3.01 salary is now a 2nd rounder)?

Either way, I'd look to trade away your 2nds, if people are valuing them decently. Should be able to package 2nds with some mediocre contracts to dump salary and get quality players back, no?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

sourdough posted:

If it's 1 QB, getting a 2nd for Jameis is great. Problem is your salary structure makes 2nd rounders arguably the worst value of any of the picks: substantially less likely to hit than a 1st but not substantially less salary. It definitely is not an effective salary dump, obviously, so if that's all you're using it for, look for someone else to drop. Guys like Burkhead and Lewis are worth a good deal less and cost you too much.

Actually, when you say picks are optional, you just mean you don't need to use them all, right? Or can you selectively choose not to use a 2nd or something, while still using later round picks? If the latter, is salary determined by the actual pick numbers that get used (i.e., if the owner of pick 2.12 forgoes using it, pick 3.01 salary is now a 2nd rounder)?

Either way, I'd look to trade away your 2nds, if people are valuing them decently. Should be able to package 2nds with some mediocre contracts to dump salary and get quality players back, no?

Yea I can skip whatever picks I want while still using any later picks. If someone skips a pick, it still counts as the placeholder for whatever # it was. (So in your example, if the owner of pick 2.12 forgoes using it, pick 3.01 is still pick 3.01. It doesn't change any other pick's value)

Which of my picks should I actually plan on keeping this year? I was looking to try to trade all but the two lottery picks.

Edit: To clarify, you are saying I should cut guys like Burkhead and Lewis, and keep Winston?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

Yea I can skip whatever picks I want while still using any later picks. If someone skips a pick, it still counts as the placeholder for whatever # it was. (So in your example, if the owner of pick 2.12 forgoes using it, pick 3.01 is still pick 3.01. It doesn't change any other pick's value)

Which of my picks should I actually plan on keeping this year? I was looking to try to trade all but the two lottery picks.

Edit: To clarify, you are saying I should cut guys like Burkhead and Lewis, and keep Winston?

I'd rather Winston for $2 than Burkhead for $5 or Lewis for $3, yeah. Maybe a little against the grain, but he's got Arians there now, started his career as a low QB1, and so I wouldn't bet against him being a serviceable high end QB2. He's a young, serviceable fantasy backup QB at least, with actual upside, and costs you virtually nothing. Another way to look at it, that's a far cheaper deal than it'd cost you to draft a good rookie QB who will have shown far less.

Are the picks you listed as "next year" now this draft? I guess it depends who falls and/or which picks get skipped. If a consensus mid/late 1st rounder drops to your 2nd that'll cost $9, then that's great. But paying an Ingram/Lindsay/Michel salary for a consensus rookie 2nd this year, not some better prospect that dropped, is just not worth doing, I don't think. Given that you're already cash strapped, it's that much worse. The 3rd may be the sweet spot, if a few consensus 2nd rounders drop to there.

I guess I'd try to package 2nds in deals to get meaningful cap relief and/or to upgrade players, even if just small upgrades. If you can't get that done, hold them into the draft, see if you get anyone that drops far enough to make them worth using. If not, dangle them to other owners in case they think some gem worth $9 or $11 dropped that far.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

sourdough posted:

I'd rather Winston for $2 than Burkhead for $5 or Lewis for $3, yeah. Maybe a little against the grain, but he's got Arians there now, started his career as a low QB1, and so I wouldn't bet against him being a serviceable high end QB2. He's a young, serviceable fantasy backup QB at least, with actual upside, and costs you virtually nothing. Another way to look at it, that's a far cheaper deal than it'd cost you to draft a good rookie QB who will have shown far less.

Are the picks you listed as "next year" now this draft? I guess it depends who falls and/or which picks get skipped. If a consensus mid/late 1st rounder drops to your 2nd that'll cost $9, then that's great. But paying an Ingram/Lindsay/Michel salary for a consensus rookie 2nd this year, not some better prospect that dropped, is just not worth doing, I don't think. Given that you're already cash strapped, it's that much worse. The 3rd may be the sweet spot, if a few consensus 2nd rounders drop to there.

I guess I'd try to package 2nds in deals to get meaningful cap relief and/or to upgrade players, even if just small upgrades. If you can't get that done, hold them into the draft, see if you get anyone that drops far enough to make them worth using. If not, dangle them to other owners in case they think some gem worth $9 or $11 dropped that far.

Yea my bad I edited to show those picks are for the upcoming 2019 draft. I guess I can wait until the lottery (May 20th) to see where my picks fall, and then go from there. If I can’t make any deals it would make sense to trade my 2019 picks I don’t want for 2020 picks right? Is the hype around the 2020 for real?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Mmmm about to get into an argument about Will Dissly on Twitter

fantasy football is back baby

Also Winston for $2 is a lottery ticket that you want to hold onto. He could blowup in-season with Arians and turn that second into a late first for a team that is in contention whose QB depth dries up. If he falls all the way apart you didn't lose much because as mentioned, second rounders are bad value.

The EV on moving him for a second isn't great, given what he could be in-season

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

I'd rather have Winston at $2 than Goof at $4 if Luck is my starter.

Moving Goof for a 2nd to me is totally fine.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Spoeank posted:

Mmmm about to get into an argument about Will Dissly on Twitter

Which side are you on?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Ben Nevis posted:

Which side are you on?

I'm anti-plodder who ran like he was in molasses and who had one big play and one garbage time TD while getting 2 RZ targets in 3 games, on a run-first offense whose knee exploded

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Ben Nevis posted:

Which side are you on?

Whoever is arguing for Will Dissly just needs to be ignored.

They are stuck on 2017 Jimmy Graham Seattle visions.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Look, if you project his 3 healthy games over a full season, you're looking at 800 yards and 10 TDs, from a rookie TE...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Ben Nevis posted:

Look, if you project his 3 healthy games over a full season, you're looking at 800 yards and 10 TDs, from a rookie TE...

How dare you