Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

I was offered Mahomes and Lev Bell for my OBJ and a "draft pick" in my 0.5 ppr keeper league. Told him I want to see what happens to Lev Bell.

It would solve my keeper dilemma though:

Keepers before: OBJ, Tyreek Hill and Edelman/James White

Keepers after: Tyreek, Lev Bell, Mahomes

MakaVillian fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jan 10, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I woke up in a cold sweat last night and a whisper escaped from my lips. It was not my own voice, but it expressed my deepest, darkest fears.

The voice said, "seven round rookie only draft with IDPs"

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Alfalfa posted:

Sorry work got me yesterday.

Do you want a link to by-laws or scoring settings?

No worries, handle business.

Scoring settings would be great. Washington looks interesting.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

dkj posted:

No worries, handle business.

Scoring settings would be great. Washington looks interesting.

Just shoot the email in that post a note asking about scoring settings. They have it already compiled.

Washington is primed for 2020 with a ton of picks there too.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Spoeank posted:

I woke up in a cold sweat last night and a whisper escaped from my lips. It was not my own voice, but it expressed my deepest, darkest fears.

The voice said, "seven round rookie only draft with IDPs"

16 team 7 round rookie draft without IDP’s is what nightmares are made of. Drafting guys who werent even drafted in the real NFL.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Alfalfa posted:

Just shoot the email in that post a note asking about scoring settings. They have it already compiled.

Washington is primed for 2020 with a ton of picks there too.

Will do, thank you!

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

MakaVillian posted:

I was offered Mahomes and Lev Bell for my OBJ and a "draft pick" in my 0.5 ppr keeper league. Told him I want to see what happens to Lev Bell.

It would solve my keeper dilemma though:

Keepers before: OBJ, Tyreek Hill and Edelman/James White

Keepers after: Tyreek, Lev Bell, Mahomes
I would take that deal in a second. What do you think is going to happen to Bell that would make you want to not do that trade? He's going to be the highest-priced FA RB on the market, someone is going to pay him, and they are going to want to get a return on that investment. With the inclusion of Mahomes in that deal at what I assume is a super cheap price, you have tree rock-solid stud keepers for years.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

dy. posted:

I would take that deal in a second. What do you think is going to happen to Bell that would make you want to not do that trade? He's going to be the highest-priced FA RB on the market, someone is going to pay him, and they are going to want to get a return on that investment. With the inclusion of Mahomes in that deal at what I assume is a super cheap price, you have tree rock-solid stud keepers for years.

Waiting on Lev Bell was more of a stall tactic than anything. Though i'm worried that a super garbage team will sign him and ruin him (fantasy wise)

Knowing my friend the way I do he's going to want a 1st round pick and while he can be negotiated with, I traded away my 2nd, 4th and 5th round picks during in-season trades so I have limited draft capital left.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Any goon interest in a new startup dynasty league this offseason?

Papes started up the Spreadsheet Wars goon dynasty league a few years back - which is a lot of fun thanks to its unique scoring setup.
I’ve got the itch to startup a new league concept that builds on that idea and adds a few new wrinkles to interest anyone who is interested in the dynasty format - veteran or first timer.

A few highlights of the league concept:
Low buy-in($25)
Superflex (start up to 2 QBs, 1 in a flex spot)
Scott Fish Bowl 2019 Scoring Settings
Deepish rosters
Taxi Squad
Limited Devy slots (college players - 2 or 3 max per team)

If there’s enough interest here, I’ll post a separate thread for recruitment.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Cervixalot posted:

Any goon interest in a new startup dynasty league this offseason?

Papes started up the Spreadsheet Wars goon dynasty league a few years back - which is a lot of fun thanks to its unique scoring setup.
I’ve got the itch to startup a new league concept that builds on that idea and adds a few new wrinkles to interest anyone who is interested in the dynasty format - veteran or first timer.

A few highlights of the league concept:
Low buy-in($25)
Superflex (start up to 2 QBs, 1 in a flex spot)
Scott Fish Bowl 2019 Scoring Settings
Deepish rosters
Taxi Squad
Limited Devy slots (college players - 2 or 3 max per team)

If there’s enough interest here, I’ll post a separate thread for recruitment.

I’d be interested depending on what site you use for the league.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

jabro posted:

I’d be interested depending on what site you use for the league.

It’s almost certainly going to be MFL in order to allow for the customization needed for scoring/rosters, etc.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

darkspider42 posted:

shot in the dark but are there any sites doing AAF leagues?

Yes. Exactly one...

And we've got a goon league for it!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3881465

:getin:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Drunk Nerds posted:

Yes. Exactly one...

And we've got a goon league for it!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3881465

:getin:

If we get one more we'll have a full ten teams.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Browns signed Hunt. Wtf?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Chubb sliding down my dynasty team depth chart

zex
May 3, 2007

does john dorsey have some algorithm for players that hit women and on field performance

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Hes gunna miss most of next season, but the Browns by signing him get his restricted free agency rights at the end of next season.

Strong move by the Browns front office. Wouldnt worry too much about Chubb

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Did Hunter Henry ever come back this year?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

RCarr posted:

Did Hunter Henry ever come back this year?

Yeah he had limited snaps in the playoffs.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

When is ~the best~ time to hold a dynasty league rookie draft?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

RCarr posted:

As soon after the NFL draft concludes as possible.

ALSO
https://twitter.com/Colts/status/1100880333040427008?s=19

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

Spoeank posted:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Yeah, my dynasty draft is the weekend after the real one

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Can't wait to watch everyone overdraft Ebron next year

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Azhais posted:

Yeah, my dynasty draft is the weekend after the real one

What if we also include free agents in the rookie draft?

dkj posted:

I'm happy I have him for $1 in my dynasty salary cap league, but I'm not gonna jump to draft him early in re-draft or anything.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

RCarr posted:

What if we also include free agents in the rookie draft?

Early June is a solid time for rookie and FA drafts. All my rookie ones are late May early June and the few FA/rookie combined are in June.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Alfalfa posted:

Early June is a solid time for rookie and FA drafts. All my rookie ones are late May early June and the few FA/rookie combined are in June.

I like doing ones with FA early still, because it adds more perceived value to random guys before they get signed to a new team. Like, every NFL FA has some chance of going to a great spot, instead of having to settle for the reality that a few weeks later they sign with the Bills or something.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

dkj posted:

He's TE6 right now behind a guy who had 14 snaps last year in a crowded rear end offense, and another guy who had his season cut short with multiple lower body injuries.

People always forget how much TE sucks lol

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Spoeank posted:

He's TE6 right now behind a guy who had 14 snaps last year in a crowded rear end offense, and another guy who had his season cut short with multiple lower body injuries.

Witten top 5 TE next year...

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/witten-ends-retirement-returning-to-cowboys

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

quote:

“The fire inside of me to compete and play this game is just burning too strong,” Witten said in a statement. “This team has a great group of rising young stars, and I want to help them make a run at a championship. This was completely my decision, and I am very comfortable with it. I’m looking forward to getting back in the dirt.”

Translation: I was horrible at broadcasting and when ESPN realized they didn't get the next Tony Romo I was fired.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Spoeank posted:

He was also incredibly inconsistent and averaged something like 40%-50% of snaps each game.

I wouldn't want him before the 10th minimum.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

dkj posted:

He was also incredibly inconsistent and averaged something like 40%-50% of snaps each game.

I wouldn't want him before the 10th minimum.

https://twitter.com/RyanMc23/status/1077670319190622209?s=19

Edit: he played 55.8% of snaps, second in Colts skill position players to TY Hilton

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Feb 28, 2019

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Spoeank posted:

https://twitter.com/RyanMc23/status/1077670319190622209?s=19

Edit: he played 55.8% of snaps, second in Colts skill position players to TY Hilton

How was it when Doyle was healthy?

This is really just me being curious. I rode Ebron to the playoffs in a competitive league, and I'm a believer.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Ben Nevis posted:

How was it when Doyle was healthy?

This is really just me being curious. I rode Ebron to the playoffs in a competitive league, and I'm a believer.

42% with Doyle, but Eric Ebron in the games that Doyle played averaged 12.3 ppg in HPPR compared to 11.22 without Doyle. He was on pace to be TE1 in the six games that Doyle played (per ffstatistics.com).

If the Colts get a decent second WR, then I'm worried about Ebron. But for now he's their first second and third option within the 5.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Baker a top 5 qb next year

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Spoeank posted:

OBJ #1 WR off the board.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Spoeank posted:

But but but his height

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

OBJ #1 WR off the board.

Nah, Nuk.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Spoeank posted:

The fuckin' Giants, what an organization.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
Dave Gettleman has had enough with you bloggers in basements. He's going to show all of you that all a team needs is a 38 year old quarterback and a first round running back