Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

But, what if the new coach is Jeff Fisher 2.0?
But, what if the new coach is Sean McVay 2.0?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Keith Atherton posted:

Is there a way to turn off the background cell coloring on the Beer sheets? For b&w printing purposes as I am an old with lovely eyes

If you open the file in Excel/Google Sheets, you can erase the Conditional Formatting rules

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

OxySnake posted:

I miss playing in leagues where people draft QBs in the 1st round and defenses in the 6th.

Family leagues, always and forever.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

89 posted:

I'm confused.

the last names of your R1 and R2 picks

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

RCarr posted:

Is there a single Greg Olsen fan here that can make me feel better about owning him as my only TE?

His booth announcing stint was only kinda above average, so maybe he still has some drive left to actually play football!

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

McKinnon is officially Out. Moveable to IR slot on ESPN leagues.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I'm drafting in a standard scoring 8 team ESPN league but with rosters that are 2qb, 3rb, 3wr, 2w/r/t

Should I still go RB/QB/QB first? I have the second pick. Or focus more on RBs?

Eh, if you can grab a solid RB2 in the 3rd I'd go for it. 3 RBs required in 8-man is quite a lot in today's game. The drop-off between those RBs and the later round RBs/QB2s is substantial, imho as someone who is also in a low-man league. Not requiring a TE opens your 4th or 5th to a good QB pick.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Huskers posted:

To be fair, Baldwin actually sprained his other knee, not the preseason injured knee. He just got rolled up on while blocking, that could happen to anyone.

Well that doesn't sound fair at all!

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Bobby Cox posted:

Split on this waiver claim: I have Watson at QB and Engram at TE and Mahomes and Kittle are on the waiver wire (10 team league), who should I prioritize as a bench stash / insurance? I doubt I can get both, plus there's only really one guy on my bench I'd want to drop. 0.5 PPR redraft, no crazy rules or anything.

Engram had some bad breaks, like a 30 yard bomb called back due to oline holding, and was against JAX. Kittle is a sidegrade. Mahomes is the much better stash.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Just a humble :smug:-brag that it feels real good to be the Mahomes-Diggs-Melvin Gordon owner

welp see yall later after all 3 go down with injuries

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I have no horse in the Mahomes race, just looked to stream QBs starting this season.

The biggest concern initially was Mahomes making rookie-esque mistakes of trying to force bad throws into tight coverage. However after looking at his footage week 1, and grabbing/activating him week 2, he so far has demonstrated improvement, if not elimination of this concern.

Until the cold winter rolls around or he faces a tough secondary, I'm happy to lock him in each week, and take advantage of the fact that he's on such a short leash that I'll be notified immediately when he screws up and is droppable.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Kamakaze9 posted:

Since the awful app can't accept screen shots from a galaxy S9+ (anyone know how to get around the resolution limitations?), I'll just type out my line-up. I'm feeling a little QB heavy as I picked up Fitzpatrick this week and I'm wondering if I should drop Rivers for another position or a higher rated QB. Also, thought about dropping Robinson as I haven't touched him and I've had him since the start. This is my first year and I'm not sure what type of strategy I should adopt. Should I grab so standouts of the week to deny other players? I'm not sure who I should be keeping on the bench because all the sources seem to rate for the week, not the season as a whole. Thanks in advance for any insights.

Standard League
QB: R. Fitzpatrick
RB: C. McCaffrey
RB: M. Breida
WR: A. Brown
WR: J. Landry
TE: O. Howard
Flex: L. Fournette
K: D. Bailey
Def: Browns

BN: QB D. Brees
BN: QB P. Rivers
BN: RB M. Mack
BN: RB C. Thompson
BN: WR N. Agholor
BN: WR A. Robinson

To give you an idea of where we are at on the waiver

QB: A. Smith, B. Bortles, C. Wentz
RB: L. Murray, C. Clement, J. Wilkins
WR: K. Golladay, C. Kupp, D. Jackson
TE: E. Ebron, C. Clay, A. Seferian-Jenkins
K: J. Lambo, C. Parkey, R. Bullock
Def: Giants, Steelers, Cardinals

I'm guessing you're in a 8-10 player league, which means you need to be even more brutal with your roster cuts.

The most common mistake new players make is carrying too many QB/TE/K/DST in leagues where you can only have 1 active. In general, you just can't be rostering 3 QBs when you can only have 1 active, period. This is especially hard to wrap your mind around in low-man leagues, as it always looks like you have good players on your roster in an absolute sense, but in a relative sense you're not doing well. No one is going to trade you for Philip Rivers when free playable alternatives like Bortles and Wentz can be grabbed at no cost. Just cut.

Golladay is playable in general, but your RBs are garbage for a 0PPR low-man league, so you should pick up L Murray this week, should Fournette not be ready to go.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

TommyGun85 posted:

I moved Mahomes for AP, Landry and Rams D. I hope I dont regret it and Cousins holds up for me.

This feels awkward to do this week with the Vikings on a Thursday game, but gl to ya

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

*suddenly almost falling out of office chair, stammering*

Melvin Gords Take Mahome

Don't care if it's lame, it's my team name now!!

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Overextended tangent, but I'm surprised no one has fed a neural network all the NFL data and spit out more reasonable fantasy point scoring, with fixed real life values (i.e. making pass TDs worth 6 again).

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

dkj posted:

Then again, maybe the Steelers caved and agreed to Bell's demands. Conner clearly isn't as good as Bell and the Steelers looked like a dumpster fire last night.

I'm leaning towards this. Connor has just not looked good, comparatively. Each week goes by and defenses have adjusted to him. If Bell comes back, he's going to get worked as much as possible given the money spent, and honestly why wouldn't Bell want to stat pad too in case of a potential trade.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

The boyfriend looking back meme, but the boyfriend is OBJ, the incredulous-faced girlfriend is Eli, and the girl walking by is Mahomes

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

RisqueBarber posted:

1 PPR. Dalvin Cook & Adam Thielan for Melvin Gordon & Kerryon Johnson. Thoughts?

Melvin Gordon is too valuable in PPR. You'll need more than Cook in this trade or just say no.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Spoeank posted:

Eric Ebron (poo poo's all hosed up from the waist down) - Questionable

Eric Ebron (head, shoulders, knees and toes, knees and toes) - Doubtful

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

RCarr posted:

A buddy of mine asked me if he should accept this trade:

Give:
Rodgers
Adams
Conner

Get:
Ben
Brown
Hyde

Edit: PPR

He also owns Bell

Thoughts?

Nah, Hyde hasn't been PPR friendly this year. Squeeze for a better RB.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Got a sweat of Russ + 10 points vs Thielen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Finals opponent has Keenan Allen and Lamar Miller, hail satan i guess