Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Is every article going to contain Mike Davis this year? After not talking about him last year it's the least you can do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

"MacheteZombie" posted:

In other fantasy news I used my last rookie pick on Darius Fountain because an article talked about how big his hands are. And you know what they say about big hands?!

The Michael Thomas syndrome. Big hands ftw.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

sourdough posted:

He's going to rush for 3.6 ypc and have single digit touchdowns

Saquon will rush for 3.6ypc but his shortest reception will be a 71yd TD screen pass. And he'll have 50 of them.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

RCarr posted:

:lol: Hunter Henry out for the season. Good thing I just traded Kelce!

That boy was going to get 100 targets. Holy hell.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Gates is FA. He now gets 12M a year.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
And Julian Edelman is out for 4 games for PEDs.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Alfalfa posted:

Once the claim is made you can’t block it. It’s up to you to figure out the roster space and cap needed to move him around.

If you can't block it you don't need to worry about cap and roster space since there's no blocking right? He gone.

But your other league does something similar to what I want to change our league to (Leperfish's league). Stealing requires you to give up a comp pick. Since it's just rookies and sophomores on taxi I dont think we need to give up a 1st and 2nd for a 1st rounder but giving up a 1st for a 1st is enough to make the league competitive and a little more hands-on. We've got 5 guys who don't trade in the league which really blows, so this way would force them to interact a bit.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Alfalfa posted:

I mean figure out cap and roster space to get them off taxi so he can't be sniped.

That means you can block the steal. I was so confused for a minute.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
That's normal though.

"Put him on your roster or lose him 24hrs after the steal is announced."

Whats different? I mean, if you copied our league you have the exact same settings which are pretty standard in FF.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Huh, I read that completely backwards but your way makes sense in regards to the no recourse thing.

Neat idea.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
What the gently caress did I just join

3 goals?

1) Pick my punny team name based on some players last name before the draft begins. Never actually draft that player, complain about having to change my team name.

2) All RB All Day.

3) Take Bortles in the 12th. That's a goal/punishment combo.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jun 17, 2018

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
What if my team name is Raise your Bortles and goal #1 and goal #3 conflict

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Someone want to link me that thread?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Wrong thread

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Rivers, Brady, Big Ben the Born Again?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
UFDA's maybe? Shittons of them.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

RCarr posted:

I also will be able to throw Henry and Ingram on IR as soon as the draft is over,

Ingram isn't IR eligible. He's suspended, not injured. That may screw with your plans.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Ben Nevis posted:

That's pretty typical for the very top dudes though. I pulled up my 14 team auction from last year and Bell, DJ, and Brown went in the low 70s, and there were a handful more in the 60s. I went back for the last several years and even when we were a 12 teamer, it wasn't unusual to have several guys going in the 60s with one or two hitting the 70s. That's just the nature of the beast.

Is your budget 200 too?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I dont know how to run twitter.

What did you win?

I dont know who RyanMc is. Or what SuperFuckBowlEight is. SFB8?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Graham has been relatively consistent for fantasy right?

10tds and like 300yds or 16tds and 1000?

Pretty decent floor. Can understand why he is getting taken where he is.

Ninja edit: 2015 was bad I see. Thought it was more in line with the others. 11 games tho.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Spoeank posted:

2018 Jimmy Graham is going to be extraordinarily touchdown or bust, given that the Packers have a metric crap ton of offensive weapons

Minus one Nelson.

That's why I think he will get used.

Edit: looking at that pic; yeah I can see half a dozen I pick, but if Graham is sitting all alone at tier2 and tier3 being way below him then it's not a ridiculous pick imo.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
He says he hasn't seen the people involved in the image and twit in months. :shrug:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Sataere posted:

Yeah, but how old are the pictures?

Dunno. It's not like this is the first or even third time Shady has been in the news for some kind of fight or domestic assault.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Because now he has another redzone threat where before he had nothing else?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
They didn't pay Jimmy Graham 30M to half-assedly block players.

They're going to use him in the offense, he's the main weapon behind Adams imo.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Spoeank posted:

It's ASJ and RSJ

Austin Safari Jenkins, and Rasta Safari Jenkins?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I was trying to make a Rastafarian joke. It was not a good one.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

MacheteZombie posted:

This is all good stuff. My league mates specifically wanted to devalue wr and increase rb value when we made the change.

Why not just not do PPR or Half-PPR since it does the same thing? Standard Scoring is basically RB++

I am so confused. Can you explain the thought process behind it?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

I can't talk too much about my plans here because it's a goon league, but I am gonna have to decide before the rookie draft whether I want to keep or try to trade Olsen.

I dont own a TE fyi.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

RCarr posted:

Other than that my only other options will be to draft a rookie TE. Yikes.

Jake Butt.
Keenum throws to TEs.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Sataere posted:

I mean, hypothetically, it's probably a low end RB1 / high end RB2. The likelihood of him reaching his ceiling is probably the same as it was the last few years people believed in him.

So it's a sure thing?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Can you do "TE's who arent just blocking TEs that finished anything but bottom 20 for Aaron in a high powered offense" ??

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I dont know what I expected.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Sataere posted:

Ricky Seals-Jones, the new tight end hotness.

Well that hype train ended abruptly.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Every kicker is going to outscore that guy.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I just reread that article and I am not sure where to rank Patterson now.

Gurley
Zeke
DJohnson
Bell
Brown
Patterson
Julio
OBJ
Hopkins

Or should Julio be above Patterson? I cant decide between those two.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
To be fair Dorset blows on special teams. Patterson is an excellent gunner and has more return yards than anyone else since he has been in the league.

Still a lovely hot take.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
He might be doing it to avoid having cameras stuffed in his face for Hard Knocks.

Could be nothing.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Or people smoke up all day erry day at minicamp and he wanted to avoid it because he is an :angel:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
There was a thread on reddit about Sleeperbot having Dynasty built in to their leagues now. Taxi squads and stuff too. I dunno, never used it.