Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Yessssssssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Any offensive backfields or offenses in general that you're pretty much avoiding this year?

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

2nd pick non-PPR

Bell, Elliott or DJ? (Assuming Gurley is taken first)

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Just did a draft for an 8-man non-PPR league (I know, 4 people dropped out pretty much last minute, thus only 8 teams). Drafted from #2

QB / 2RB / 2WR / TE / Flex / SuperFlex / DST / K / 6 BN

1. Le'Veon Bell
2. Melvin Gordon
3. Julio Jones
4. Deshaun Watson
5. Tyreek Hill
6. Alex Collins
7. Drew Brees
8. JuJu Smith
9. Mark Ingram
10. Jordan Reed
11. Andrew Luck
12. Robby Anderson
13. Peyton Barber
14. Eagles
15. Tucker
16. John Brown

I feel like I did particularly well. Am I being overconfident that I have a pretty strong contender for the playoffs?

Kloaked00 fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Aug 31, 2018

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Anything to care about with Gates signing with the Chargers?

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Had my last draft, very mixed feelings. 8 teams, non-PPR, 2QB / 2RB / 3WR / Flex / DST / K

QB: Russel Wilson
QB: Matt Stafford
RB: Leonard Fournette
RB: Christian McCaffrey
WR: DeAndre Hopkins
WR: Keenan Allen
WR: Jarvis Landry
Flex: Rex Burkhead
TE: Delanie Walker
DST: Rams
K: Tucker

Bench: Marquis Goodwin, Robby Anderson, Cooper Kupp, John Brown, Blake Bortles, James Conner

There were a couple players I was targeting that I barely missed out on which was annoying. I like my starting RBs, but I'm concerned about my depth there. James Conner is purely a speculation pick for Week 1 and will likely be replaced with Peyton Barber. WRs I'm happy with for sure. Yahoo thinks I'm going to end up 4-10 and 7th/8

Any immediate thoughts on how I could improve things?

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

kiimo posted:

I had the choice of Bell, Kamara or Saquon Barkley.

I thought it was a no-brainer.

I took him as the 2nd pick, only because Gurley went first. Also thought it was a no-brainer

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

ShaneB posted:

In a full redraft?

Yeah, full redraft. Was 50/50 between Bell and DJ

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Alfalfa posted:

Same thing all the DJ owners said last year after taking him over Bell and not even getting a half from him.

I took DJ as my first pick last year, and Bell as my first pick this year in one league

I'm sorry guys it's my fault

Gearman posted:

Still have my draft tomorrow night. 2QB, 0.5 PPR, keeper league. I essentially have picks #6, and #9. Badly in need of an RB. Do I take Bell with either of those picks or go for someone like Hunt, CMC, or Gordon?

I'd be tempted to take Gordon at this point

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Thinking of trying to sell high on Conner to the Bell owner

My RBs:
Fournette
McCaffrey
Burkhead
Conner

His RBs:
Bell
Cook
Crowell
Peterson

Is it reasonable for me to try and get Peterson for Conner?

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Another FF season, another Week 1 where I have the 2nd highest points and played against the highest scoring team

On the bright side, I crushed my opponent in my second league, almost doubling the points of everyone else

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Who would you rather have long term in non-PPR

TJ Yeldon
Chris Thompson
Phillip Linsday

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

So Bell owners.....what are you doing with him since it seems there's signs of him coming back anytime soon?

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Suave Fedora posted:

Really? What are these signs you speak of, because within the last 24 hours I’ve seen videos of him “rapping” and riding jet skis in Miami.

Content: He’s sitting his money-losing rear end in my IR slot while James Conner is eating his lunch.

Whoops. That should be "there's not signs of him coming back anytime soon". Thus the dilemma for owning a stud RB that isn't playing

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The trade went through. This is now my team. 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLX/1DST with half PPR.

QB: Kirk Cousins
RB: Todd Gurley, Jay Ajayi, Carlos Hyde, Adrian Peterson, Josh Gordon
WR: AJ Green, Emmanuel Sanders, Stefon Diggs, Alshon Jeffery, John Brown, Cooper Kupp, Josh Gordon
TE: George Kittle
DST: Bears

I feel pretty optimistic.

Beer, I know how much upside you think Gordon has, but I don't think your league is going to let you use him as a RB and WR.......

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Would you drop Lindsay or Breida for Latavius Murray in non-PPR?

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

And he can catch too!

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Playing against the Cook owner in one league and was able to grab Murray to keep him out of my opponents hands.

I hate having Bell in my other league. I feel like I can’t drop him since I’m assuming I’ll be able to use him at the end of the year and for the playoffs, but having him suck up a bench spot suuuuuucks. I’d like to pick up Murray, but I feel like I can’t drop Collins Ingram or Lindsay for him. Am I wrong?

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Leonard Fournette announced as out for today

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

As a Bell and Connor owner, that would be amazing

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Gobias Ind. posted:

Fournette and Gordon active. Cobb out.

Until Fournette pulls his hamstring again of course

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I realize I would be selling low, but what trade value do you think Fournette has right now? I’m sick of dealing with him

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

For the rest of the season in zero PPR, would you rather have Alex Collins or Aaron Jones? Feel free to mock me if that’s a stupid question

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

So if I have Fournette in a 8-team non-PPR redraft league, and am 2-4 in 7th place, is he just droppable at this point?

And of course I dropped Chubb on Wednesday to pick up Barber. Now I have to wait for waivers to clear so I can do the reverse

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Lost out on Chubb because evidently if you drop a player, you not only have to wait 2 days for them to be able to be picked up again, but you also can’t even put in a waiver claim on them since you are the one that dropped them

Ughh

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Yup. And of course the guy that got him is my opponent for the week

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I want to boast for a second because I don’t think I’ve ever had a team this good. Currently 6-1 with my only loss going to the 7-0 guy last week. Yes, it’s an 8 man league (last minute drop outs), but I love my team

Non-PPR
QB/2RB/2WR/RB-WR/TE/Super Flex/DST/K

QB: Brees, Winston, Luck
RB: Gordon, Conner, Ingram, L Murray, Bell
WR: Hill, Jones, JuJu, Brown
TE: Reed
DST: Houston
K: Tucker

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

TommyGun85 posted:

there is no reason to roster 2, let alone, 3 QBs in an 8 man league where you only start 1.

Agreed, but this is super flex so I start 2 QBs each week

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Hey, if it turns into a Kamara / Ingram situation I am totally good with that

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

VietCampo posted:

I say you quit the league since it's free, but before you do that, trade all your best players to the guy in 2nd place for his kicker.

Then drop his kicker to the waiver wire

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Drunk Nerds posted:

I’m starting Derek Carr and Oakland’s 32nd scoring fantasy defense and I refuse to scrutinize my life decisions that somehow led me to this point

Hey, Carr isn’t a bad play this week. San Francisco has been giving up the 8th most points to opposing QBs

I’m doing this as well since Luck is on bye. Literally no better options on the wire

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I regret drafting Ingram right now

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

So Kamara’s first TD was a lateral toss from Brees, yet it doesn’t seem to count as a Brees passing TD. Anyone understand why?

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

pmchem posted:

Only forward passes are passing TDs.

Ah, drat. Didn't catch it was a toss behind.

So......what are the chances that Brady puts up less than 19.2 points? Because that's what I need to win

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Kloaked00 posted:

So......what are the chances that Brady puts up less than 19.2 points? Because that's what I need to win

Wooo! Won by 3.5

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Well, wasn't able to grab the Cardinals DST for the week. Have Kansas City right now which I definitely don't want to use against the Rams. Some teams are rostering multiple defenses, so it looks like my best options for the week are:

Steelers @Jax
Panthers @Det
Ravens vCincy
Bengals @Bal

Steelers have been okay and could do well against a Jacksonville that is flat from their loss last week. Panthers gets to play against a Detroit where Stafford hasn't been great, Marvin Jones Jr and Kerryon aren't at 100% and the Lions O-line got mauled by the Bears last week. Ravens did really well against the Bills and Titans, and with AJ Green out the Bengals offense has been slipping. Of course, the Bengals could be playing against a rookie QB this week even though they were stomped last week.

I guess I'm thinking of going with the Panthers? Would appreciate some other opinions. Here's all of my options in case I'm missing a good play

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Nuk's status just changed to Questionable but I can't find anything about it......

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

In non-PPR, worth rostering TreQuan or Coutee to replace either Landry or John Brown?

Kloaked00 fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Nov 21, 2018

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Football Guys telling me to play Jackson and Winston as my QBs over Brees and Luck. Sure.........

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

#1 playoff seed clinched in one league with my only concern being that the #2 guy has just as strong a team as me, so I'm admittedly a tad nervous about the championship

Dropped from #3 to #5 in my other league as the #5 guy came back from a near 60 point deficit to beat me thanks to his Watson, Davis and Drake. Still have two weeks to make the playoffs, but with the top 4 teams at 9-3, 8-4, 7-5, 7-5 and me at 6-6 I'm gonna need some luck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

It sounds like they’re optimistic about Conner, but if Jaylen Samuels were to have any significant duties this week, here’s a fun fact for anyone on Yahoo: you can slot him as an RB, or as a TE

Edit: And I just realized someone else already pointed this out. I will leave this post as proof of my shame and to bring it to peoples attention one more time