Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

oooooh thats what to do with a bash prompt :crossarms:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

yeah it's definitely a trade off but I don't have a hitch or roof rack so it's what I can use. I'm also just going out to be out, not trying to get anywhere. it handles surprisingly well in the ocean waves despite not being meant for that at all.

we're in the same situation and have been putting it off until we have a vehicle to put them on but now I'm seriously reconsidering so we can avoid rentals

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i was wondering about that since were considering inflatable kayaks and i already have a small car tire pump i can plug into the 12v in the car. seems like itd be usable since it has attachments for sports equipment but a kayak seems like more than its intended for

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

spankmeister posted:

Might wanna look harder to make really sure. Rodent damage is a bitch to deal with in cars.

my father had a bunch of stuff chewed by raccoons that were possibly rabid and started eating insulation and wiring. cost a pretty penny and needed a trapper to get all of them so it didnt happen again

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

he found out the issue when he had trouble starting the car and lifted to hood to see two eyes staring back at him. said he never had that kind of engine trouble before
:dadjoke:

Agile Vector fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jul 16, 2020

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

spankmeister posted:

America is such a gorgeous country. I have experienced parts of it and would like to see more.

rail is such a great way to disconnect and see how beautiful it is in the connecting areas. its kind of wild to be chugging along and suddenly an amazing vista just pops up for an hour while you eat dinner

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

:3:

Schadenboner posted:

I wish I could find a headlamp that didn't have the seizure-inducing strobe effect as one of the clicks.

:sigh:

yeah. even the little clip on running/dog walking lights we bought have a blinking red that (though slow) I'd rather not toggle through at all. it's predictable but i somehow always forget and end up blinking red light right back at my face off my hand as i reach to change brightness

RustyKnight posted:

I wish more people would wear headlamps pointing to the trail and not straight into my eyes

it annoys me as a user that so much poo poo points straight ahead with no adjustment available to the wearer. at least these little lights are magnetic clips so i can sort of work with that and tilt them

Agile Vector fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Feb 1, 2021

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jonny 290 posted:

i like that ui. ordering as well

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

those book titles are all very :3:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i'm thinking about those gnomes

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Achmed Jones posted:

those are nice

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i so badly wanted every robotics kit they sold, and the programmable arm, especially the arm. it could pick things up, how cool is that?!

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

thinking about that Wet rear end Pine

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

psiox posted:

whoah, i just watched peter jackson's The Two Towers last night and that first rock looks almost exactly like where Rohan or whatever was

that mountain does look similarion

Agile Vector fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Aug 3, 2022

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

absolutely beautiful!

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Roosevelt posted:

only if they're smoking weed with the snaek

they call that 'doing an eden'