Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

ive made a lot of stoves

lots of can stoves and also bottle stoves! you can make one out of one of those aluminum Bud Light bottles

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/30011832/
these make good stoves too. bundle of sticks or pine cones or w/e and it'll roast

have you made more bongs or more stoves?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

It's going to be 26°C this weekend and it's the fall goddammit this isn't normal

Gonna use this opportunity to go to the beach though.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

i dont think you guys understand how hot this carnie is.

Paint us a word picture.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

tomorrow at 10am i get my woods truk

asked 4500, i got him down to 4k by griping about a broken tail light

lets go camping !!!

Put on a big ol' alternator and crank that transmitter!

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I was an exemplary grad student.

Of course I already had close to 10 years working experience lol

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

It's a good thing the further out west you go the more federal land there is where states can't stop people from using the lands.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I wanna be a Ford escape door gunner when I grow up

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

You look like you need to take a poop. I guess it's true that they close the public restrooms during a gov shutdown

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

https://bigthink.com/personal-growth/doctors-in-shetland-can-now-prescribe-a-walk-in-nature

scotland posted:

Since October 5, doctors in Shetland, Scotland have been authorized to prescribe nature to their patients. It's thought to be the first program of its kind in the U.K., and seeks to reduce blood pressure, anxiety, and increase happiness for those with diabetes, a mental illness, stress, heart disease, and more.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Glad to see apetor up to his usual, given the cancer and all.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

This is about what we pay per liter lol

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Silver Alicorn posted:

oh ya I was up a mountain all morning check out my twitter feed lmao

It's not really leaving tech behind if you tweet about everything

but it looks like you had a good time

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I want to do things like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55QhizGZKLw

because it seems extremely chill

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

good work, thank you, wish we could follow along

You mean thoughts and prayers don't work?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

electric weed eater

mods

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

the gig economy is the worst thing since prohibition

At least prohibition provided gainful, if illegal, employment to many.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Speaking of GNSS, in recently learned that my phone supports not only GPS, Galileo and GLONASS, but also a Chinese system called BeiDou and a Japanese called QZSS. I didn't even know the latter two existed.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

If you said bomk was a place in Siberia I would have believed it

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I don't think it's unreasonable for the admins to ban you but here we are

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

tori the alcoholic does not represent us and most of us dislike him a great deal.

unpasteurized milk is illegal in 2019 and weed is legal. you wanna get upset over yospos vices, start clucking about jerry's milk addiction

Stymies thing is treating any amount of alcohol use at all as substance abuse. He tries this every so often in the drinking threas, it's very transparent.

Seriously, ban cremnob stymie

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

People have been very bad about keeping to the social distancing rules, so someone did this in protest

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

why in the gently caress are backcountry campsites and trailheads closed this is so stupid

how is solo hiking 15 miles into nowhere not social distancing

aaaaahggh

A lot of people suddenly have a lot of spare time and it's nice weather.

Here in The Netherlands parks, beaches, forests, etc have become very crowded the past few weeks.

Solo hiking isn't if everybody has the same idea

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

in the grimdark future i will be the mechanic working on the cessna engine so we can send sagebrush up to do aerial scouting for salvage materials

i promise i'll buy a torque wrench before then

All you need is a calibrated wrist and your tongue at the right angle imo.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Also I'll be setting up the transatlantic HF link come apocalypse, hmu

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Makeout Patrol posted:

i went camping this past weekend and while i was stuck in a traffic jam on the way home a friggin mouse poked his head up from under the hood. little guy was wandering back and forth, staring at us, trying to climb up the windshield and ducking back under the hood. we eventually pulled over to try to rescue him but once we opened the hood he was gone, never found him again

i hope he hopped out because we went through an automatic car wash later and that doesn't sound pleasant for him

Might wanna look harder to make really sure. Rodent damage is a bitch to deal with in cars.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Having an inflatable kayak that you can hike in and out is brilliant imo.

Do you inflate it with your mouth until you're blue in the face or do you have some type of pump?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

lol nobody is inflating a kayak with their lungs

Didn't think so. :v:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

apparently there have been a record number of bear attacks in US national parks this year and it's ascribed mostly to people trying to escape coronavirus by going camping for the first time ever

Life finds a way.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Progressive JPEG posted:

homedepot.com doesn't load if you try to visit it from romania

just a blank page

Same in the Netherlands. There's a couple more sites like that. Just a blank page or a 403. I guess it's their way of complying with gdpr. You'd expect them to have a courtesy page but nope.

Then again those courtesy pages are condescending as gently caress anyways "out european visitors are important to us and we are working on a way to deliver our conc
ent bla bla" yeah sure thing bud, it's only been 2 and a half years. Aaaaany day now.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

8 days since the contract was all ready to go just waiting for lowtax' signature

any day now

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

i don't get it

you need a bhutanese passpooorrrt

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Thank you.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

lol yes i do remember that one - some non native english speaker doing it phonetically or something.

is this what it sounds like to italians when the rest of the world sings opera phonetically??

No because nobody in the world can actually hear the words being sung in opera, not even the Italians.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

America is such a gorgeous country. I have experienced parts of it and would like to see more.

I recommend anyone to experience it if you can, it might not be possible in the future.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Yeah it's a great idea. A good friend of mine lives in Washington state and I had planned to visit him this summer and then go off to crater lake and maybe a roadtrip to Glacier and Yellowstone or something.

Of course that didn't happen for obvious reasons but it might next year and I'll definitely keep going by rail in mind!

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Señor Dos

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Good slav squat

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I'm a cyclist and I don't want to

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

lol for about an hour this evening i was only replying with ML'd tweets from my own feed, this was one of them

https://tweet-like-me.xyz/

I found the whole "talking to my family" bit a little sus lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

is that where the horse mans from lord of the rings lived?