Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
lol

checked out that website and saw a "life is simple in a van" sticker in a van packed to the loving gills with various accessories and accoutrements and possessions

"extremely bougie" is right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

C.H.O.M.E. posted:

there is no room for clothes or other things you actually need to live, these are rich people toy fantasy vans. this is the van you get if you want to spend a week in it while you are not in your yacht.

i get that, i just scoffed at "life is simple in a van" surrounded by extraneous bullshit

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Pham Nuwen posted:

dating should work out for you pretty well since everyone there is basically just desperate to gently caress someone who's not related to them.

guess i know where i'm flying to next year !!

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

C.H.O.M.E. posted:

give me one good reason why shouldn't i get one of these and turn it into an rv and just drive down to belize and never be seen again

https://www.govplanet.com/for-sale/...prm=&pnLink=yes

fuel consumption on that beast would be murderous

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Janitor Prime posted:

I think my inner thighs would die if I walked more than a mile :(
and I can't bike because of my rear end surgery :qq:

start with walking a mile. get to where a mile is comfortable. then bump it up.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

just thought i was getting over the #vanlife bug and gonna be a normal person then this hot carnie on tinder who lives in her subaru wagon started encouraging me to get a sprinter van and live in it and its back x1000

kwinkles running hard on the "best of" echinopsis/jonny mixtape concept posting here

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

since nobody is gonna man up and tell it straight, i'll just let it rip: you're getting close to echopenis territory

hey. hey. i beat you to that take, pops.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Jonny 290 posted:

730 miles, average 18.something MPG, and total trip cost including gas food lodging was about $210 for 3 days 2 nights

drat dude, that's p. dece mileage on the expedition

my folks have a big expedition, think it's a few years newer than yours? anyway any time i borrow it for a day or two, the avg fuel consumption starts off sitting somewhere around 10mpg and by the time i'm done it's already up around 13.

i'm curious about your rig's radios. my only adult experience with CB is messing around with a little old unit from the 70s connected to a rooftop magnet antenna. do you have separate antennae for each radio, do they all use the same antenna?

also i dig the pics, especially the mountains. i love a good road trip.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Pham Nuwen posted:

park rangers should all carry guns so they can immediately execute anyone who throws trash on the ground or vandalizes poo poo. nature, red in tooth and claw, baby

(i assumed that was a gun case, although it's actually much funnier if there's a saxophone in there)

i seem to recall reading an article about how park rangers are frequently confronted by shitheads who seem to be itching for an excuse to gun someone down

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
actually, goats are bugs.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

keyboard vomit posted:

The pro move is cheap whiskey and instant lemonade powder for a trail whisky sour

yeah if weight and volume are at a premium then seems like liquor would be the better choice

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Jonny 290 posted:

bag problem? maybe

i sincerely love the paneling on that wall

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
looks like i'm probably going rafting with friends on saturday. current forecast is highs in the 60s and possibly raining. should i get a wetsuit for this or are there other options for clothing i should look into

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
me and a buddy are gonna go down and see crater lake later this week. i'm stoked it's been way too long since i went there

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
went to crater lake. still owns

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
that island is called wizard island, btw

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Methanar posted:

Hi i work from home and I think the loneliness is killing me what should I do.

Do you have a laptop? You could try working from different locales, e.g. coffee shops, libraries, even a city park on a nice day.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Methanar posted:

I can't possibly rationalize spending 200 dollars an hour to talk to somebody as being something that would help.

I've spent 2000 hours talking to myself in the last 3 years and that hasn't helped at all.

i understand this feeling but it is entirely, easily possible for you to trap yourself in a circular loop of reasoning that is based on faulty assumptions

a therapist can help point these out, or at least try to help break you out of such a loop

also, a therapist could possibly help guide you into doing things that could lead to forming new social connections, because it sounds an awful lot like you are just completely alone where you are - not just in your home, but overall - and that is not healthy, it is obviously taking a major toll on your health.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Methanar posted:

I can't get any work done without like 3x 1440p worth of screen space.

also lol what the hell do you do

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
on the one hand, i can understand that. on the other hand, imagine if you were out there "just existing in the real world" and then saw someone fly in on a float plane.

i feel like the "correct" way to go do that is to basically have someone drop you off at the side of the road and have them agree to pick you up a week or two hence.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
lol "the weed cat"

(sorry smoka)

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

I went on a hike

loving excellent picture

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
big bump. looking forward to spring big time, really want to go out camping with friends again.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
used to work with a guy who one day, completely out of nowhere, told me the IRS guy that died in that plane crash had it coming because he was an "agent of tyranny". also really hated abe lincoln and sincerely believed drunk driving should be legal

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
bunp

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
bunp

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

echinopsis posted:

no work for like 5 days and just beach and no responsibilities

m

hell yeah that looks awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i'm trying to organize a big group campout with a bunch of my friends this summer. hoping it goes well and becomes an annual tradition