Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Earth Day co-founder killed, composted girlfriend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

drugs good

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

big scary monsters posted:

when i was at university i went into the mountains almost every weekend, guiding groups with a club. then i went into research and spent five years touching computers. last year i stopped doing that and now i have a job going into the mountains almost every day, guiding groups

i miss some things about working in research. problems in the mountains tend to be immediate and physical, you don't get much in the way of deep intellectual challenges. i also miss playing with lasers and camera systems that you really need a good research grant to afford. but overall it's been a good move and it's cool to be outside a lot and spend my working hours with a different group of people every day, most of whom are pretty chill because they're on holiday and the kind of people who go into the mountains for fun

here are a few pictures i've taken in the last couple weeks (the one with skis i wasn't working though)

that’s real cool

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

frolic this great earth

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

frolic this gay earth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013