Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
I just got into the thread and I'm really surprised no one mentioned how in the intro Bryce is just brandishing that sword around and he has no guns, then in gameplay he randomly gets guns and there's no sword anywhere? What the hell? You can't even excuse it as 'they didn't want to make melee combat' as Bryce in the modern day still has a sword anyways.

So i already want to shoot Arcadia in the face and the camera work looks absolutely nauseating. This is definitely not an auspicious start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Honestly the demon design kind of points out to how unfocused the game is. I do love it for just how ridiculous it is, but it really feels like a design that belongs in something a lot more light-hearted than what we currently have. Bryce sounds like he's honestly and truly miserable with his lot in life, and Arcadia just comes off as a sadistic bitch, what with telling him to just do incredibly painful things and just shooting him for being a bit snarky. Combine with blatantly expositionary dialogue peppered in at random and I can't remotely enjoy the story.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Honestly the teenager may be insufferable, but the fact that Bryce isn't meekly taking her poo poo honestly makes it tolerable, unlike with Arcadia. Plus I can excuse at least some of her behaviour to 'freaking out because she almost got eaten', so I honestly liked this segment.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Honestly I sort of want a sequel. Maybe produced by someone else, but the game at the very core does have a lot of soul to it, with ideas executed well enough to be tortuous but still showing the potential of it.

• Locked thread