Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

I love the idea of the contrast between young Bryce being this idealistic funny hero & older Bryce being a cynical rear end in a top hat, but the execution of it leaves a ton to be desired. That actually sums up a lot of what we've seen so far interesting ideas, awful execution, they really needed an editor or something to tell them that some things should be cut or reworked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

While I'm no fan of RE6s skill slot system at least it let you set up multiple profiles of skills you could switch between at the touch of a button, though that might have been a PC exclusive thing. It makes dealing with different types of situations actually doable, which more games did it like that if they refuse to just let you have everything at the same time.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Parts of this level definitely feels like it was made as a pitch or promo, it has the helicopter showing real time dismemberment, puzzles involving that and the physics of dropping bridges over fire.
I don't know if it's just the lack of "Banter" or if it's that they are just goal focused but this is the most likeable they been so far. Like they actually help each other without complaining or harassing. They really should have done that from the start instead of doing the "toxic" partnership thing, I did like everyone calling Bryce out on being dumb and not suspecting anything though.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

SelenicMartian posted:

The whole story has been building up to one Bryce's line.

Demon's Nest, Part 1

Alex, with your skills, you could have been a door-to-door knife salesman.

Ok, I did not expect that, but maybe I should have.

• Locked thread