Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
This is my favorite kind of bad game. The kind that has an original concept and some really interesting details, and in theory could have been amazing, but then fumbles the execution so incredibly bad.

I like the characters. The designs are nice on the protagonists and totally over the top on the antagonists. The antagonists seem like they were dreamed up by the Axe Cop kid.
"so, there's this guy who's really good at throwing knives. And since he's immortal with regenerative powers he just sheathes the knives inside his body and looks like a pin cushion. And the main antagonist looks like a normal sized man sitting inside a huge headless body with bat wings, tusks and snakes for arms. Yes, snakes"

There's also a lot of potential in having an immortal protagonist that can tear of his limbs and use them as weapons or solve puzzles with them. Too bad it's mostly annoying having to lose a limb or all of them every time someone touches you.

I like the dynamic of having one immortal character and one mortal with different skill sets, but I think that was better implemented in Knights Contract where Gretchen pulled her own weight, and fights where about comboing the two protagonist's skill sets. NeverDead's Arcadia is more dead weight in that the fighting itself would mostly have been the same without her, except you wouldn't have to run around and revive her all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread