Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its a good beer break. and im starting to get consistent with the 1-2 rocket punch of launching them up and direct hitting them. it feels god drat good.

for the love of god i hope this lasts longer than a few weeks i never want to go back to overwatch lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

extremebuff posted:

its a good beer break. and im starting to get consistent with the 1-2 rocket punch of launching them up and direct hitting them. it feels god drat good.

for the love of god i hope this lasts longer than a few weeks i never want to go back to overwatch lol

I felt like a God when I knocked someone into the air with a rocket and finished them with a rail

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I laugh out loud every time I see Larry post about something he’s “done” in a FPS.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Wormskull posted:

I laugh out loud every time I see Larry post about something he’s “done” in a FPS.

Lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

larry strafe jumping by running really fast between the A and D keys, jump bound to S of course

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Using a long stick to push the mouse side to side while a Homer Simpson style pecking bird contraption tied to a pulley pushing it back toward him.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Using a long stick to push the mouse side to side while a Homer Simpson style pecking bird contraption tied to a pulley pushing it back toward him.

lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this is free until 1pm tomorrow. download it while you can and you get it forever. this is as good as its gonna get for arena shooters people.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Squeezy Farm add me on steam.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can't turn down free. Also wonder how alive the Quake scene in Korea/Japan servers is.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Mekchu posted:

Can't turn down free. Also wonder how alive the Quake scene in Korea/Japan servers is.

it will have maybe 5 players tops and they will all be sex offenders

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I would know 1 of those 5 sex offenders then.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Mekchu posted:

I would know 1 of those 5 sex offenders then.

If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. - sun tzu

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this is from the gaming demons thread but i didnt wanna derail it

Wormskull posted:

I wish the 4v4 would have the 30 second weapon respawns so it was actually a little more interesting to play but I guess that's why no one played Quake anymore before lol.

i hate most of the ults but all the other changes are good imo. everyone says they want Real Quake but its right there and no one plays it, and i refuse to believe it's solely because it looks dated lol

plus in duel/2v2 theres no item respawn indicators and the long weapon spawns are still there which is the only mode someone really hardcore about quake would play, but i really hope they change it so that everyone spawns on cooldown instead of with their power refreshed so that dumbassery like that clip wormskull posted doesnt happen, and this would help the other modes too. they make really significant changes patch-to-patch so i have hope

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I don't give a rat's rear end what other people want.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Also the duel/2v2 weapon respawns are 5 seconds, which is essentially quick play TDM style.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

No one plays it because it's hard. Simple as that. And it being there doesn't matter if no one plays it. Go gently caress off.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

No one plays it because it's hard. Simple as that. And it being there doesn't matter if no one plays it. Go gently caress off.

basically. when i watched brad and jeff playing either quake or some other arena shooter they were talking about how much they loved quake but hated strafe jumping and other core mechanics. basically most of the public just wants to run around and fire rockets and they get extremely upset when a single person can come into the server and be a literal god that finishes each round with 100 kills and 3 deaths so they quite forever. all the powers and poo poo would be awesome as a separate game mode to help level the field and keep normies in the game and id love playing those deathmatch servers like i loved playing occasional bouts of wc3 mod in cs, but keep them out of the Pure Experience

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
I like the game, hell, you can play with me. Augustus Gluten, on Steam

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

if they did that they could then make insane custom character builds like if you die 10 times in a row without fragging you spawn with 200/200 a wallhack and a full quad damage rocket launcher and no one would really give a poo poo

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I don't know if you were talking poo poo on Quake but frankly, the most essential difference between the game you love to try to get people to play and the game I wish it was more like is the ults you say you mostly hate. So don't talk poo poo on Quake. Especially not in my thread. Biotch.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

trying to jack off posted:

If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. - sun tzu

Lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

I don't know if you were talking poo poo on Quake but frankly, the most essential difference between the game you love to try to get people to play and the game I wish it was more like is the ults you say you mostly hate. So don't talk poo poo on Quake. Especially not in my thread. Biotch.

i wasnt you idiot lol, im agreeing with you. a lot of people, and by a lot i mean all but a handful of extremely dedicated quakepros dont have the patience for how og quake works, i think the changes qc made are good as far as being a lot more welcoming to normal people who just wanna frag without needing to practice and get their asses whooped for dozens of hours before it starts to click

basically. when i watched brad and jeff playing either quake or some other arena shooter they were talking about how much they loved quake but hated strafe jumping and other core mechanics. basically most of the public just wants to run around and fire rockets and they get extremely upset when a single person can come into the server and be a literal god that finishes each round with 100 kills and 3 deaths so they quite forever. all the powers and poo poo would be awesome as a separate game mode to help level the field and keep normies in the game and id love playing those deathmatch servers like i loved playing occasional bouts of wc3 mod in cs, but keep them out of the Pure Experience

this and i really want QC to have a mode that just lets me join endless deathmatch/instagib so I could just do that for hours uninterrupted instead of this overwatch round poo poo

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the fact you cant just join an instagib server and play that uninterrupted for hours so that you enter an unholy trance like state makes me madder than almost everything else

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

the fact you cant just join an instagib server and play that uninterrupted for hours so that you enter an unholy trance like state makes me madder than almost everything else

Same. Downtime is the bane of modern gaming.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

same brother..i hope todd gives the gamers what they want

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It makes me want to shoot myself in the head with a tribolt the fact that as I've grown older and less patient, the games have slowed down and required you to sit in way more menus than ever, in all the games and game series I ever wanted to learn to play but got there too late, like Street fighter and Tekken and Quake.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Wormskull posted:

Squeezy Farm add me on steam.

added.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

noone being willing to spend 2 hours learning movement and stuff sucks. like, when i played tribes i didnt see some guy grab the flag at 10000 mph and quit because i couldnt do that... i freakin learned how! now the newest tribes-like is dead because it has slightly more difficult skiing mechanics than Tribes Ascend and most people were too lazy to relearn, and the other half of the community apparently liked the 1 minute long setup flag routes that relied on re-gening HP in that game. smh.

i guess ppl invest the time in learning every dumbass detail of the DOTA2 item shop and set nades in CSGO though. team games stand a better chance ., especially when they reach critical mass since you got the one insane friend who learns everything and passes it on to the 4 people he somehow conviced to play with him. no ones gonna download QC, play a duel where they barely tickle some bunnyhopping madman with their machine gun, and feel good enough to practice and try again.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Team games let you blame everyone else while your learning to not suck so it’s not as demoralizing, is my theory. Hence why team games have insanely worse communities and even the team modes in Quake are full of dillholes.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hell I don’t even hate the way TDM and stuff in QC are as far as me playing it necessarily, I just want it to be more fun to watch like how awesome Quake Live was every weekend.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Or to have the option if I ever want to play more seriously.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hell... We played with someone in the obviously Casual Quick Play TDM last night where I just try to learn the maps and take the rust off my aim and the other ppl are basically brand new to he game, who was one of our homies from CS, or so we thought until she started calling everyone a retard individually and being like You are the saddest team I’ve ever seen and poo poo like that for dying or just loving around a little too long and to me that’s like going on a instaspawn 2fort server and complaining about people not playing he objective and just playin sniper or whatever. Team gaming fail.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Hell... We played with someone in the obviously Casual Quick Play TDM last night where I just try to learn the maps and take the rust off my aim and the other ppl are basically brand new to he game, who was one of our homies from CS, or so we thought until she started calling everyone a retard individually and being like You are the saddest team I’ve ever seen and poo poo like that for dying or just loving around a little too long and to me that’s like going on a instaspawn 2fort server and complaining about people not playing he objective and just playin sniper or whatever. Team gaming fail.

lmao wtf. im getting irl friends into this fully expecting them to suck at first and like, who cares.

hey man, jump around more, learn where the gun you like is and go grab it, dont fight when youre low on health, etc. even if you were playing the serious comp mode why wouldnt you be the nice tutor instead of a total rear end.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Squeezy Farm posted:

noone being willing to spend 2 hours learning movement and stuff sucks. like, when i played tribes i didnt see some guy grab the flag at 10000 mph and quit because i couldnt do that... i freakin learned how! now the newest tribes-like is dead because it has slightly more difficult skiing mechanics than Tribes Ascend and most people were too lazy to relearn, and the other half of the community apparently liked the 1 minute long setup flag routes that relied on re-gening HP in that game. smh.

i guess ppl invest the time in learning every dumbass detail of the DOTA2 item shop and set nades in CSGO though. team games stand a better chance ., especially when they reach critical mass since you got the one insane friend who learns everything and passes it on to the 4 people he somehow conviced to play with him. no ones gonna download QC, play a duel where they barely tickle some bunnyhopping madman with their machine gun, and feel good enough to practice and try again.

It's the same way with fighting games. I went to an arcade with my brother and played on a Street Fighter 2 machine with him and all I did was pick Ryu and anti-air him over and over again and after two games he got really mad and refused to play any more. Most people just don't have the ability to self reflect on why they might be losing and how can they improve, they just want to play a video game and feel powerful for no effort, and if you put forth the effort then you're a tryhard or you're a no lifer who just plays the game all the time so that's why you're so much better.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Team games let you blame everyone else while your learning to not suck so it’s not as demoralizing, is my theory. Hence why team games have insanely worse communities and even the team modes in Quake are full of dillholes.

personally speaking, quake shouldnt have inbuilt voice chat

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

agreed and ive never heard anyone use it

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005

I turned it off immediately when a guy owned me for having default skins. I will get on vent if I want to play with people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I am home from traveling and will probably play this tonight after a BBTag sesh.

• Locked thread