Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

If everyone had cool Ranger type ults it'd be a fairly cool game frankly, because they have items you pick up that reduce the cool down as well. But you get those so you can have your I'm Losing So Let Me Just Middle Click That rear end or whatever button it is.

maybe, but id rather play quake in its purest form

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i still cant believe the official version of quake duels is now playing with a limited character roster as lives

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

one of the best feelings in quake is chaining a quick multi frag conversion on a stacked opponent and todd howard in his glory is trying to make sure no one will ever experience it again thank god

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

gah!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

thank god this game is still aids

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

extremebuff posted:

this finds matches instantly now and autoqueus like a game made by sane people lol. all the recent big patch changes are great too. hop on this poo poo people it's free

no thank you bob. i appreciate the offer though

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

as an aside i have a free copy of killing floor 1 to give away

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

joe rogan getting extremely intense and unable to look away the second theres any sort of quake on the screen ftw

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Huh. Weird. He has a point about the closeness to the TV thing. Suddenly that just... fell off the face of the earth. Weird. Wonder what the deal is. Hm, probably just uh. Coincidence. Yeah.

no one cares anymore because you can just get glasses to correct the damage youve done and you wont need long distance vision when we all start living inside in rec room anyway

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVBDixfYuLk

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

extremebuff posted:

Those were like 10 grand a month!
Joe, unflinching: it was worth it!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

lmfao The guy's like "Can you use the controlle" and Joe's already shaking his head and saying No. They're useless.

lmfao, its godlike

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

if thatm means theres freeze tag i might get this game after i get my new computer even though ive spent every hour of my life flaming it to anyone who will listen lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

extremebuff posted:

awesome. and trust me, getting 8 imps together to play a game is incredibly easy and consistent

the more likely result is i play one game of quake and suddenly my inner joe rogan comes out and no one hears from me until the next quake con where in my interview i explain how i lost my job, home and girlfriend in the space of a month but im so glad to be in austin texas and please subscribe to my twitch channel

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Mekchu posted:

Can't turn down free. Also wonder how alive the Quake scene in Korea/Japan servers is.

it will have maybe 5 players tops and they will all be sex offenders

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Mekchu posted:

I would know 1 of those 5 sex offenders then.

If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. - sun tzu

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

No one plays it because it's hard. Simple as that. And it being there doesn't matter if no one plays it. Go gently caress off.

basically. when i watched brad and jeff playing either quake or some other arena shooter they were talking about how much they loved quake but hated strafe jumping and other core mechanics. basically most of the public just wants to run around and fire rockets and they get extremely upset when a single person can come into the server and be a literal god that finishes each round with 100 kills and 3 deaths so they quite forever. all the powers and poo poo would be awesome as a separate game mode to help level the field and keep normies in the game and id love playing those deathmatch servers like i loved playing occasional bouts of wc3 mod in cs, but keep them out of the Pure Experience

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

if they did that they could then make insane custom character builds like if you die 10 times in a row without fragging you spawn with 200/200 a wallhack and a full quad damage rocket launcher and no one would really give a poo poo

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the fact you cant just join an instagib server and play that uninterrupted for hours so that you enter an unholy trance like state makes me madder than almost everything else

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Team games let you blame everyone else while your learning to not suck so it’s not as demoralizing, is my theory. Hence why team games have insanely worse communities and even the team modes in Quake are full of dillholes.

personally speaking, quake shouldnt have inbuilt voice chat

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

I opened a Loot Box and it said Server Error. and gave me nothing and now the loot box is gone.

thats illegal

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

extremebuff posted:

doing 7-8 player ffa in thisbshit and its a blast.y ou arer brain damaged if you dont download this shizzle.

uninstalling now

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

posting this in the defacto joe rogan thread for later usage

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Pewdiepie posted:

Ok I’m imagining this and he’s kicking his feet around playfully because they aren’t touching the floor.

lmao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Skylark posted:

Is it me or do ppl never use voice chat in this game.. I always try to say something to get chat going but like 95% of the time they stay totally silent!!

good

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

anyone caught speaking on voice in a game of quake will be instantly muted and a team of c4 laden drones will be dispatched to their house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

The 3 clans that still run QL servers are almost always on voice whenever I hop on bc they've just been using Q3A instead of a phone and they've known each other for 15 years or whatever.

theyve all been posting on a forum the size of imp zone for 20 years but id rather they stuck to their former way of using voice chat: roger wilco or teamspeak

• Locked thread