Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

He's arguing about the Marvel Universe with ins. Can you believe this? The best TDM team is whooping rear end on people and they're talking about, Alright, imagine if-- you like Harry Potter right? Imagine if Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Gryffindor, image if they all got together to kill Voldemort, that's, that's what the Marvel Universe is about with Infinity Wars, now-- By the way, this is much closer than we thought

It's not like it's the... finals universe mate! It's just a finals of... Now I can get down with Harry Potter but it's not the same context! Now it's just, why do we need all these super heroes. It's a bastardization of everything I knew as a kid. It's just another reason to push something to the box office.

Okay, the-- The perfect example is... [Toxic gets 67.66 repeating of course percent lightning gun and murders everyone within 3 seconds of each other 400000 times on the stream] Imagine, alright so, the game, Quake Champions, is, it's all the Quake Characters... It's in the Quake Universe.... All the characters... live in the same universe. They... They might not talk to each other all the time, but, you know, Doomslayer, Clutch, Space Marine, they all get together here, for the Quake Championship... Okay, no, I'm not going to read the chat. And that's the same as the Inifinity Wars.

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Zoot just powerbombed April McNasty's hot take on the MCU live from some arena full of colorblind people.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tornado can work really well against like, hog riders, miners, or... other goblin barrels being thrown at your tower. But the inferno tower is what I gotta rely on... to BURN through the golems, BURN up the lava hounds, shoot down those big old pekkas, mega knights -- those guys have been all over the map recently! And even though zap is really good at resetting the inferno... I'm not really confident in the tesla yet. It's just not big enough! You know that little two by two building -- it sometimes doesn't pull the troops the way that I want it to. It feels a little awkward. Tornado... onto the king tower is not really gonna work out for a pekka and... I dunno. That's just my feeling, chat. I like the inferno tower.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

In march they introduced a mode where you can turn off the abilities.

Oh really? That's interesting. Do different chars still have different health and armor values though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Maybe Quake Battle Royale will be better.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

THis game is free I thought? At least I never bought it but I own it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'll play some of this later tonight after I get some Cross Tag in.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I launched this and sat in queue for 7 minutes before alt+F4ing. Thank god they got rid of player servers, I might have accidentally played this game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

extremebuff posted:

they just announced this game is free and open to everyone for the week and if you dl it you get it forever lol. maybe the queue times wont be abysmal for once

I'll play some tonight.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Awesome.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I only ever want to play as Quake guy so I'll probably never buy into this game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have QC on the Bethesda.net launcher because I actually love the product.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I am home from traveling and will probably play this tonight after a BBTag sesh.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol welcome aboard. They extended the free period another week, since it's getting so popular, which makes me think, why don't they just release this game, or call this the release. Who gives a poo poo when it gets patched again.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Exactly . This makes no sense

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im gonna play this tonight probably, unless I spend a lot of time with the BBTag dlc chars. I have this through bethesda.net and not Steam so even if we're steam friends I think you have to readd me, I'm InTraining on BN.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drat this game is tight, now that queues take 10 seconds

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

extremebuff posted:

ive been playing it for like 4 hours every day

I've just been doing tdm so far I should try the other queues

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is there anyway to get the weapon skins other than lootboxes though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I figured.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah but the Rune achievements come out of lootboxes, and Lore seems to be a daily login bonus.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Started happening to me about 2 months ago as well.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I opened a Loot Box and it said Server Error. and gave me nothing and now the loot box is gone.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

completing the tutorial in this gives you 100 lootboxes, which is going to take me longer to open than it took to finish the tutorial.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

but also doing stuff like this

https://my.mixtape.moe/srggqw.mp4

in a populated game means im addicted to this f2p lootfest. Thank you Todd.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

uninstalling now

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I been playing a lot of instagib to practice my aiming

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

they removed bots from showing up in online matches, reset everyone's skill rating to make queues shorter, added a heatmap mode so you can look at where and how people have died on every map and mode, and next month they're adding CTF and custom games, and a new 4v4 mode that has CS style no respawns, which, whatever. Thank you Todd Howard.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If it just had a server list instead of having to sit through 3 minutes of ads for loot crates in between each match it would be way better.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This is officially out now for real, free forever. Log in this weekend for the exclusive heavy machine gun QuakeCon 2018 skin.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can't remember the last time I ever heard a random person use voice chat outside of a COD game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

anyone caught speaking on voice in a game of quake will be instantly muted and a team of c4 laden drones will be dispatched to their house

The 3 clans that still run QL servers are almost always on voice whenever I hop on bc they've just been using Q3A instead of a phone and they've known each other for 15 years or whatever.

• Locked thread