Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

spog posted:

Rechargeable battery vacuum cleaners are much lighter than corded ones. Depending on your back they might work well for you.

I've played with GTech brand, not sure if you can get them in the us. They look like toys when compared to a Dyson, but I think they work just fine. Cheaper and lighter.

With a cannister vacuum you are only holding a empty tube and a bit of plastic hose, not sure how adding lithium batteries makes it lighter.
Roomba's and other robot vacuums look like toys, they might help extend the period you can go between real cleanings but i wouldn't want to rely on one as my primary vacuum.
As domestic chores go vacuuming is relatively light, if you can't manage that you are going to have issues with other tasks as well. Might as well suck it up and budget for a cleaning person to come by once a week for a few hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread