Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
Rechargeable battery vacuum cleaners are much lighter than corded ones. Depending on your back they might work well for you.

I've played with GTech brand, not sure if you can get them in the us. They look like toys when compared to a Dyson, but I think they work just fine. Cheaper and lighter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Spacewolf posted:

Update: After testing an absurdly light cordless vac with my parents, it looks like those should be possible.

How effective they are at, y'know, cleaning is a whole separate issue but! No Roomba needed, tho other techie ideas would be welcome. This thread has already been very helpful.

The trick is to clean frequently: running it around once a week is quick and simple

Don't be a stereotypical goon and only do the vacuuming when your floor has so many dropped cheetos on it that it makes a crunching sound when you walk on it.

• Locked thread