Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
This is one hell of a meltdown

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/status/1002118647790227457

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/status/1002120726504030209

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/status/1002124468553072640

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/status/1002125077729632257

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/status/1002126190751055873

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/status/1002128654376185858

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/status/1002129074590859264

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/status/1002132379421458433

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.
I feel bad for her.

Or I mean I would, if she and her values weren't trash and this wasn't ultimately probably a good thing.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
This country is a poo poo show.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
the hold my beer meme really applies here.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Baffling, it's a One Nation meltdown, the fact that it's complex is a grave indictment of everything

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Doesn't apply to the party leader I guess

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
lol

I hope someone steals her shopping trolly next.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
If you assume the Centre Alliance will eventually vote for the tax cut in exchange for a one-off payment of seventy-five dollars to pensioners, the cut only needs one more vote

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

It's hard being president for life, why can't they understand??

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I've just been redistributed again, so I'll be in my third different electorate in 3 successive elections without changing address, going from the safe Liberal seat of Mayo, to the marginal Liberal seat of Boothby, and now the safe Labor seat of Kingston

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/jonathonio/status/1002135073645211648

Brown Paper Bag fucked around with this message at 12:08 on May 31, 2018

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

:eyepop:

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Nice meltdown.

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY
It'll go like this, Latham takes his place then goes independent as the senator for the Outsiders party against immigration.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Ora Tzo posted:

It'll go like this, Latham takes his place then goes independent as the senator for the Outsiders party against immigration.

Latho's got the hosed up reactionary sentiment of a gnat, tough

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

one latho

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
But Latham is a member of the Liberal Democrats, surely that wasn't just a stunt.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

bandaid.friend posted:

If you assume the Centre Alliance will eventually vote for the tax cut in exchange for a one-off payment of seventy-five dollars to pensioners, the cut only needs one more vote

Maybe Centre Alliance without that gently caress Xenophon could be reasonable. He was a toady little prick.

lol. Just kidding. They’ll back the tax cuts as long as they can get a guarantee that people refer to SA as “a good state.”

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

bandaid.friend posted:

If you assume the Centre Alliance will eventually vote for the tax cut in exchange for a one-off payment of seventy-five cents to pensioners, the cut only needs one more vote

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

daisy cousins makes me so ashamed to be from this country

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

It's hard to have strong feelings towards her. She is a watered down caricature and extremely unambitious. Her big grift is getting overpriced, made in china, faux vintage clothes. God bless her.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Tokamak posted:

It's hard to have strong feelings towards her. She is a watered down caricature and extremely unambitious. Her big grift is getting overpriced, made in china, faux vintage clothes. God bless her.

ahem

Bill Leak Obituary "My Bill"

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

to put this in perspective for you, imagine how people would feel about a right-wing male who dresses in steampunk cosplay to appear on sky news. not too positive right? also as an aside, imagine steam punk mark latham for fun.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Re this Amazon thing, will this mean that I won't be able to order poo poo from amazon.co.uk? I only buy books from Amazon and no surprise a lot of poo poo simply isn't available on amazon.com.au.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Probably not no.

Wordery and bookdepository are owned by amazon anyway and have free shipping to australia and almost all the same books.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
amazon.au is still 99% third party reseller trash, i think their warehouses are still offline right

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

cheese-cube posted:

Re this Amazon thing, will this mean that I won't be able to order poo poo from amazon.co.uk? I only buy books from Amazon and no surprise a lot of poo poo simply isn't available on amazon.com.au.

buy them from Everyday GSC

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Reclines Obesily posted:

amazon.au is still 99% third party reseller trash, i think their warehouses are still offline right

Amazon AU is basically Kogan except without the dope as gently caress sim cards.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Oh Deb.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Deb Frecklington, The Courier-Mail posted:

CORRUPTION and criminality have no place in our political system. You would think we could all agree on that, surely? Sadly, that’s not the case in Queensland.

In this state, corruption and criminality are tolerated at the highest levels of government.

Not only does our Government turn a blind eye to corruption, it even accepts huge sums of money from an organisation that extorts cash from Queenslanders.

It’s hard to believe this is happening in 2018, some 30 years after the Fitzgerald Inquiry.

But it is happening and it’s been happening for a long, long time.

Perhaps that’s why so many people just accept the way things are.

Whatever the reason, it’s time we clean up Queensland politics. And the CFMEU’s relationship with the Queensland Labor Party is the best place to start.

The media has repeatedly exposed the shocking extent of the CFMEU’s criminality. In the past 18 months, the union’s Queensland branch has been hit with fines totalling $2.4 million after losing 10 cases brought by the Australian Building and Construction Commission.

The union uses intimidation to force individuals and firms to use CFMEU workers and its favoured contractors. Workers who don’t fall in line are attacked as “gutless grubs, scabs and dogs weak as piss”.

At the Oaky North coal mine, a CFMEU member is even alleged to have threatened to rape the child of a non-union worker.

The conduct of this union is disgraceful. Too many of its officials are nothing more than bullies and cowards. They even boast about breaking the law.

In any self-respecting democracy, the CFMEU would be treated as an outcast by politicians on all sides.

But not in Queensland. Here it
has unfettered access to the Palaszczuk Government, and its ministers go in to bat for the union whenever its appalling behaviour hits the headlines.

What does Labor get out of it?

Well, the CFMEU has given $598,000 to Queensland Labor since 2014. The union also lends the party a massive hand by running pro-Labor advertising campaigns, and even
puts the party’s election candidates on its payroll.

This grubby deal has to stop, and I’m pleased that former Labor leaders such as Peter Beattie and Kevin Rudd have called for the party to distance itself from the CFMEU.

But in Brisbane, Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk (pictured) keeps cashing the cheques.

Labor argues that because it’s been openly bought by the union, there is no problem. After all, it is the “workers’ party” and workers support unions, right?

Wrong. Less than 10 per cent of people in the construction industry, which is routinely held to ransom by the CFMEU, belong to any union.

And how many of the CFMEU’s members were pressured to join by its strongarm tactics in the first place?

I have no objection to responsible trade unions. They have won many rights for Australian workers and still have an important role to play in our society. They have a right to be heard – just as employers do.

But no union or employer has the right to bully others and break the law with impunity.

The CFMEU is a rogue organisation and it should be cut loose by Labor. Its ugly leadership will never mend its ways until
this happens.

Annastacia Palaszczuk has to
stop excusing criminality and intimidation, and stop accepting donations from this union.

It’s time for Labor to stop selling its soul to the CFMEU – for its own sake and for the sake of Queensland.

Deb Frecklington is the leader of the LNP in Queensland

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Labor's fault m'lud.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Anidav please post this

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/bu...mtype=anonymous

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
When the rules change and unions have powers but companies continue tell our organisers to "gently caress off" and call the cops when we present legal right of entry, will this paper attack those employers?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ANZ says it will defend action planned by the Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions over alleged cartel conduct relating to an institutional share placement in 2015.

ANZ said the CDPP “advised late yesterday it intends to commence proceedings against the bank for being knowingly concerned in alleged cartel conduct by the joint lead managers of ANZ’s underwritten institutional equity placement of approximately 80.8 million shares in

August 2015.”

It said the proceedings relate to an arrangement or understanding allegedly made

between the joint lead managers in relation to the supply of ANZ shares.

“ANZ understands the CDPP also intends to bring proceedings against ANZ Group

Treasurer Rick Moscati,” the bank said in a statement to the ASX.

ANZ chief risk officer Kevin Corbally said: “We believe ANZ acted in accordance

with the law in relation to the placement and on that basis the bank intends to

defend both the company and our employee.”

ANZ said it is also co-operating with an investigation by the Australian Securities and

Investments Commission into the placement.

According to ANZ’s statement, ASIC is investigating whether ANZ’s announcement on August 7, 2015 should have stated the joint lead managers took up approximately 25.5 million shares of the placement. This represented about 0.91 per cent of total shares on issue at that time.

ANZ said it did not intend to provide further comment at this time.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Awww yeah that's the poo poo right there

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

lol that last line. concern trolling the ALP

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I hope the decision from the Banking Royal Commission is to "just burn the whole system down"

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
it's june, someone post the new thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

You Am I posted:

I hope the decision from the Banking Royal Commission is to "just burn the whole system down"

Renationalise CommBank
Ban private bank ownership

• Locked thread