Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Huh

Vicgov announced pre-budget (in two hours) that schoolkids can now do an apprenticeship or traineeship during higshscool and finish it alongside VCE and go right into the workforce at 18 already qualified.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Vic budget is out

https://twitter.com/calhoops/status/991152448411652096?s=19

'Priority' tafe courses to be free.
12 new schools and mental health funding and roads are the big items

https://www.budget.vic.gov.au/

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

JBP posted:

Free tafe for poo poo that needs doing is good imo

Whitlam posted:

Free TAFE is huge and cool and good.

Indeed

https://twitter.com/DanielAndrewsMP/status/991162430213378049?s=19

drunkill fucked around with this message at 05:50 on May 1, 2018

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://www.smh.com.au/environment/...502-p4zcu0.html

quote:

The Turnbull government has been accused of trying to steal credit for a state-backed solar deal by failing to invite the Victorian government to a ceremony with visiting French President Emmanuel Macron.

Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull and Mr Macron were due to attend the signing of a memorandum of understanding between Neoen, France's biggest renewable energy producer, and Anglo-Australia's Zen Energy at Admiralty House beside Sydney Harbour on Wednesday morning.

Victoria's Labor government has been a big supporter of Neoen in Australia, providing a tender to supply Melbourne's tram network with clean energy that helped underpin the firm's Numurkah Solar Farm near Shepparton in north-eastern Victoria.

The MOU signed on Wednesday includes plans for a 15-year power purchase agreement between Neoen and Zen to underpin an expansion of the solar farm.

But Fairfax Media understands the Victorian government only learnt of Wednesday's signing late on Tuesday when the French asked who from Melbourne would be attending the Sydney ceremony.

"Here is a government that is still talking about opening new coal-fired power stations, taking credit for a renewable energy project they haven’t put a cent into," Ms D'Ambrosio said.

"Only Labor has backed and invested in this project, which will support our Renewable Energy Target – something the federal government is actively trying to destroy."

Officials are particularly irked the Turnbull government should seek to bask in the glow of a project that is part of the Victorian Renewable Energy Targets (VRET) - a program routinely criticised by the federal government for seeking to expand clean energy faster than other states.

Prime Minister for Sydney fucks up again.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Jason Ball is recontesting Higgins.

If Odwyer gets hammered about the banks again a few more times he'll have a shot.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

The Before Times posted:

is there a by-election?

no, but there will be a federal election very soon

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

so the future of australia.

first fulltime job at 30, retire at 70

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Big budget spend for PT and roads in vic, which is great, get the money in the budget and then hopefully they lose government at the election afterwards.

quote:

$475 million to link Monash University’s Caulfield and Clayton campuses - planning and land acquisitions, light rail vs heavy rail
$225 million on electrifying the Frankston line to Baxter.
$1.75 billion to help build the North East Link, including tunnels and extra lanes on the Eastern Freeway
50 MILLION top-up to the $100 million committed to duplicating the Geelong line between South Geelong and Waurn Ponds
140 MILLION fund to tackle suburban bottlenecks

Article is paywalled but I copied that from elsewhere. All pretty good spends. Monash clayton got a study in the state budget last week so it looks like that'll happen, hopefully heavy rail though, not the tram route state gov wants, maybe this money will help make it a trainline instead.

Baxter extension is good, has been planned for ages, current level crossing removals by the state gov will help this with extra capacity on the line as of next year.

North East link is still dumb but whatever, at least the feds are chipping in. Still a $14bn road which is loving absurd.

Geelong line upgrades are happening, extra funding is good.

Not sure what suburban bottlenecks are, roads I assume.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
It is all the fringe suburbs which are all religious and cult like. the churches bought cheap land for campuses out there a decade ago and the housing is being built in those areas now, so new families and older people moving out to the edge of civilization for retirement are the members of those groups and the churches are the only community groups in the area because no sports clubs have been built yet.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
People in the tax free threshold do not benefit from this either, so for the actual low income people (mostly teens in casual jobs) don't get the $10 a week off of tax.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Bob Hawke is in hospital.

Probably just for an IV of beer but we'll see.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/alexwhitelive/status/993666380246409216

heaps good

quote:

Breaches — either by parties or donors — will be punished with "very substantial penalties", according to Mr Andrews, including fines of up to $44,000 and up to two years' jail, as well as the forfeiture of public funding for recipients equal to twice the value of the non-compliant donation.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 07:53 on May 8, 2018

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
more deets

quote:

Limit donations to political parties, associated entities and third party campaigners to $4000 over a four-year parliamentary term;
Require the disclosure of every donation of more than $1000 per financial year, down from the current $13,500;
Ban donations from foreign sources; and,
Require the Victorian Electoral Commission to publish "online in real-time" every reportable donation.

victoria best state. A good step towards totally scrapping political donations all together.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/workmanalice/status/994046988038553600?s=19

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Shorten doing well in the budget reply.

A pity most of australia wont hear it.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

If Labor wins who gets put in charge of Dutton's superministry.

Dutton stays on as Supreme Leader of the Secret Police and heads up labors new federal ICAC.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Speaking of intentionally corrupt

https://twitter.com/Prisonblogger/status/994191744894779392

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
it'll be cool having all the US gun nuts bring up this murder suicide whenever Australia and gun reform is mentioned in the future.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
When that (underfunded and limited in scope) royal commission you never wanted happens and it starts to hurt your mates and party doners, what do you do? Defund the regulator!
http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/breakfast/asic/9750398

quote:

ASIC loses $28 million in funding under 2018 budget

With one hand, Treasurer Scott Morrison giveth to the corporate regulator — with the other he taketh away.

Tuesday's Federal Budget handed the watchdog ASIC just under $11 million dollars to deal with the costs of the banking royal commission.

But at the same time, ASIC also lost $28 million in funding and 30 staff.

The government says fluctuations in funding levels are normal but the cuts come as the royal commission shines a light on the industry's seeming disregard for ASIC.

Graeme Samuel is a former chairman of the ACCC and a co-author of the scathing APRA report into the Commonwealth Bank's culture released last week.

He told reporter Ky Chow this budget cut might encourage ASIC to focus more sharply on punishing corporate crime under its new chairman James Shipton.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/gemmacaf/status/995924925260025856

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Police state now.

New ID laws at airports.

All hail potato king.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/SecularLobby/status/998032800690262017

Hopefully kicks the biblethumpers out of schools

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
I have seen their stickers around boxhill while driving through the area. Saw two on a stopsign and a bridge, they were scratched off the next week when I went past again.

I would have done it if it was safe to do so during peak hour.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
She looked familiar today...

Yep, thats it.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
lol

I hope someone steals her shopping trolly next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Probably not no.

Wordery and bookdepository are owned by amazon anyway and have free shipping to australia and almost all the same books.

• Locked thread