Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

predicted finding of the aps comission: hire accenture lots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

how the gently caress did none of you post this image from that abc article about furries?

quote:

Photo: Bill McRobb says his computer-controlled peacock character Glamourfan helped him land an IT job.

the smirnoff bottle, the paddington bear smoking framed photo, the cigar box, the fedora, a TYPE WRITER, A lovely $20 PLASTIC GLOBE, A PRINTED OUT PINNED A3 MAP OF GTA VICE CITY

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

for the ppl who cared about home affairs, there is a pretty good breakdown of the issues in this podcast

https://www.policyforum.net/podcast-australias-new-intelligence-jigsaw/

does anyone know if labor is keeping home affairs?

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

I like how Australia is doing the flat tax now. I used to laugh at that crazy poo poo when it was floated by US republicans.

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

In wa the streets run red with the blood of investors

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

i think the +8 to turnbull on newspoll might have been legit as apparently tony had a +10 after a budget. it doesn't matter long term its just a weird trend

edit: an ex-cop, aboriginal, woman, domestic abuse campaigner and mum.

gucci bane fucked around with this message at 03:42 on May 15, 2018

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

bell jar posted:

nice to see you're still completely immune to jokes lid

jokes on them i was only pretending

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/cfmeujohnsetka/status/996604328147279872?s=21

On the jäger bombs

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

no suprise the island dogs are to blame

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

why are they talking about an emptied out sugar packet on a table in estimates? what a bunch of annoying cunts

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

Jonah Galtberg posted:

most of us would accept that an institution like a church that harbours pedophiles tends to do more good than harm. they might harbour pedophiles but at least they're spreading god's message while they are in fact a church.

no just you actually

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

asio posted:

to the shitlist the UN has on us.

We're not on a shitlist due to East Timor, we led the United Nations Transitional Administration. We couldn't do poo poo about Indonesia beforehand short of commencing a very dumb war against them.

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

ding dong the greens are dead

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

think tank makes me want to kill myself as well, who green lighted it

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

Cartoon posted:

Something that ALP strategists should probably be factoring into the mix is that, should they win election, all the Neo-con appointees in Border Farce will stop concealing the number of 'turn-backs', 'turn-back' deaths and concealed boat arrives and start leaking it all to the press. This will make it look like the ALP (or ALP & Greens) have 'lost control of our borders just like we said they would'. Any policy that isn't a straight out rejection of the current arrangements is doomed. Forget any humanitarian aspects this is pure strategy.

ah yes, the famously neocon australian public service

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

Don Dongington posted:

Lol I encourage you to do any sort of casual research into the documented behaviour of coalition appointees to CBP/Borderfarce, also former members of the ADF now employed by Wilson to work the camps.

These people aren't Sue from accounting who minutes the local CPSU branch committee meeting; there are shitloads of true believers drawn to these roles who will absofuckinglutely white ant any attempt to introduce accountability, or stop the rapings.

i dont believe you

i know ppl that worked at the camps and they were just normal lefties who wanted to live on a tropical island for a while.

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

BBJoey posted:

keep in mind also that the higher up in the aps you are the more you have to lose from leaks from your department. take mike pezullo, secretary of home affairs; huge piece of poo poo by anyone’s reckoning, but he’s a career public servant who spent years in labor ministerial offices including as deputy chief of staff to beazley in opposition. he’s not going to throw away decades of experience and networking to score points for the lnp. in addition, he has a personal interest in stopping leaks from his department to create good working relations with his ministers.

now i could see someone like john lloyd, apsc commissioner, leaking to damage a labor government. however the downside to the lnp parachuting an ipa dickhead into the commissioner position is that there’s not much he can do to help them once they leave government. he’ll also be one of the first to go on a change of government as he’s so obviously partisan.

this is correct - they aren't throwing poo poo away because of an ideological crusade. unsure why people here think SES border force officials just suddenly appeared in the aps in the past few years

cool links about the guy who promoted his girlfriend. maybe have another go and see if you can put your thoughts into coherent sentences.

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

Cartoon posted:

Ad hominem - Check!
Ignores the actual point of the articles - Check!
Lack of proper capitalisation - Check!
How about them standard issue APS uniforms? Ignored. - Check!

F- minus. Try harder and you might just only fail at debate.

PS. I was about to take over a ~serious business~ job in DIMA when I quit the APS. I might know a little bit more about this than you are willing to admit.

you didn't still explain how those articles had anything to do with 'neocons'. i dont care about your resume

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

JBP posted:

Yet another example of Australia being a pissant nothing country that means less than poo poo in the scheme of things.

new thread title please mods

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

daisy cousins makes me so ashamed to be from this country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

to put this in perspective for you, imagine how people would feel about a right-wing male who dresses in steampunk cosplay to appear on sky news. not too positive right? also as an aside, imagine steam punk mark latham for fun.

• Locked thread