Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Coercing businesses and government departments to increase their cyber security is good, seeing as most of them don't have any, and don't care, and never get punished when they avoidably lose data.

The rest of it is Erdogan poo poo that should be strapped to Dutton and then fired into the sun.

This also explains why my friend said everyone in Canberra is desperately trying to hire Cyber Security people, and also why ASD has just this last month started advertising Analyst jobs at people who work in social media and communications.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 11:36 on May 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I was going to apply for one of those ASD analyst positions, but I'm not sure enabling fascists is a worthwhile price to pay for getting out of long term unemployment

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I hope everyone blared the Internationale out of their window/cubicle/hot desk/counter for International Workers Day yesterday

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

lol like a conservative gives a poo poo if they're forced to cut music and the arts from public schools, they shouldn't teaching anything but rote learned Math, English, Religious Education, and loyalist imperial white Australian history

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 18:21 on May 2, 2018

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

DancingShade posted:

"Sir why does our history book start at 1913?"

*Teacher smiles broadly*

"Well after the first fleet landed nothing much happened until then."

"This term we're going to learn about how evil soviet communists infiltrated Australia with the intent of destroying our free market, small business supporting way of life, by starting the criminal union organisations"

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Australian Greens, champions of the neo-Liberal centre

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The Feds must think they're going to be turbofucked and lose Boothby, Sturt, and maybe even Grey and Barker, because

quote:

The electrification of the Gawler rail line and the completion of more stages of the South Road upgrade are among projects earmarked for more than $1.5 billion worth of infrastructure funding in tomorrow's federal budget.

The north-south corridor will get $1.2 billion, $220 million will go towards electrifying the Gawler rail line and $160 million has been allocated for the duplication of the Joy Baluch Bridge in Port Augusta.

Federal Urban Infrastructure Minister Paul Fletcher said there still needed to be some negotiations about what contributions the State Government would make to the projects.

They only hold 4 seats in SA, and 2 of them are well within the uniform swing range to Labor, while the other two were slim holds against NXT Goatse Alliance

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

So the former Young Liberal I know from uni now writes for the Daily Mail and AAP; she was writing a story about the $10k cash payment ban in the budget and asked for any public opinions she could quote.

The first response was a 'former adviser to two federal Coalition cabinet ministerrs and a Liberal state premier' who said "Taxation is theft. You can quote me on that. Also, public money is stolen money"

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Nibbles! posted:

At the time s44 was written commonwealth countries weren't considered foreign powers.

It was to prevent non-Anglos from been elected.

Which makes it as much about keeping out the French Third Republic and the Imperial Russians as it does 'orientals'

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 06:32 on May 9, 2018

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Doctor Spaceman posted:

It's how I've always heard it said.

Also reminder that the Guardian style guide insists that ICAC is written Icac.

Then the Guardian style guide is wrong, and they have a complete muppet setting the rules

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I like the part where the University is selling its students as free labour to corporations for a small cash payment and not even having the decency to give them course credit for it

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

JBP posted:

This just in, every employee on earth that isn't working for some social enterprise horseshit is evil.

Also some of those are too, see Oxfam

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Reclines Obesily posted:

Xenophon might lose their Mayo seat YAY

a Downer might take it instead NAY

Mayo is half rural, half wealthy Boomers living in the Adelaide Hills, it's never going to be anything but the Liberals or the Liberal-lites

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Reclines Obesily posted:

budget bump

https://twitter.com/GhostWhoVotes/status/995630043119239168

the change to newspoll methodology still handing a few extra points to da libs

Ipsos has a different interpretation

https://twitter.com/GhostWhoVotes/status/995640391083806721

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I just overheard that fresh after losing Jane Prentice, they're going to roll Anne Sudmalis at the Gilmore preselection with a white male real estate chode, a day after Bishop and O'Dwyer announced a fighting fund to boost female representation in the Liberals :lol:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

CrazyTolradi posted:

Or them removing the rules for communal spaces in apartment buildings, got to cram as many one/two bedroom apartments in as you can.

Inflammable cladding for all!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I have no idea what is going on here

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I got one of those Chinese language phonecalls from the "chinese embassy" yesterday morning at 7:30, and the next thing I remember it was 5pm and I was standing on the banks of a reservoir while a car slowly sank in front of me. Vote Liberal.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

https://twitter.com/JoshButler/status/999059808136265728

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

JBP posted:

Michael was directed to sell some of his weapons to afford living out of home.

You don't just sell Hanzo steel, friend

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Whitlam posted:

So has SHY's office just stopped giving a gently caress because she's not going to win pre-selection or what? https://www.9news.com.au/national/2018/05/23/15/15/sarah-hanson-young-press-release-riddle-with-errors

She is? Don't loving lie to me about this, is she really?!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

CrazyTolradi posted:

Do they just have a bunch of clones stacked away to role out and try influence young people?

It's called Kings College

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Very interesting to see where the NSW Greens go with no Lee.

Do they continue to have rifts and splits, showing that her accusations are true or do they unify now that a loose cannon has gone?

After purging her allies, the NSW Greens will stabilise around the sensible centre

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

QANDA FOREVER!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I've just been redistributed again, so I'll be in my third different electorate in 3 successive elections without changing address, going from the safe Liberal seat of Mayo, to the marginal Liberal seat of Boothby, and now the safe Labor seat of Kingston

• Locked thread