Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
i'm fat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
comic books suck and comic book movies suck

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

Cleretic posted:

Hey, third big-rear end villain. Just because Loki and Ultron weren't cosmic-scale, doesn't mean they aren't big asses. Also that's not including the ones without the 'Avengers' name; didn't the Guardians fight a planet?

And this is even further off the point, but I want to voice that Thanos hosed basically every single-superhero movie in the franchise from contributing villains to future crossover movies. Loki was a Thor villain, and Ultron was an Iron Man villain (in story origin and flavor of character, not in from-movies-origin), but with the Guardians providing Thanos we leapfrogged the scale most of the movies are playing on. So Captain America, Spider-Man, Black Panther, Ant-Man, they can't provide an Avengers villain because it'll be an enormous step down from Thanos (Doctor Strange probably could, but I'm the only person that liked that movie).
if i ever meet you i'm just going to stare at you silently until you get uncomfortable and walk away

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
yeah sorry that came out with a harsher tone than i intended

comic books toot and comic book movies fart

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm drunk and on my phone but pretend I posted the panels of Dr Doom playing the sea horn

the sea horn

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

JBP posted:

You should read a cool comic book then. Much like film and literature the story is different in every one.
i read many comics and am disgusted primarily by myself, reflected in others

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

JBP posted:

Why is saying something "sucks" not the same as saying something is "gay"?
anyone can suck and anything can be sucked

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

Anidav posted:

I just stay a member of the group to watch it burn, like most facebook groups.
mudgee pets and livestock is great entertainment btw

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
we've finally managed to convince the coalition that yes, as an object, the great barrier reef is worth a lot of money in actual real-world dollars. so if they invest money into the reef in the short term, in the long term they will make an actual real-world quantifiable profit on that investment. but of course money doesn't grow on trees, it has to come from somewhere. so they balance it out by stripping funding from biodiversity, a product that they haven't yet been completely sold on. nobody has managed to show them on a powerpoint presentation with brightly coloured graphs and words whizzing across the screen why it is necessary for australia to have nineteen different species of wallaby. more importantly, nobody has told them that, if we still have nineteen species of wallabies in 2050 (as opposed to what we will have, which is like three), they will each get one million dollars. in this scenario the fact that the coalition are sexually fixated on business and can't understand anything not cased in the vocabulary of the dollar is a secondary problem. the main problem here is that nobody will ever be able to explain to them why biodiversity is necessary because they are all outrageously stupid little men

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
"these daft cunts aren't qualified to run a chook pen. vote greens"

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

JBP posted:

Why respect furries less than trans people?
yikes dude

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
i'm doing a diploma at tafe atm and it's great. before this i did a bachelor's and a few lower-level certs so i'm used to being the solitary wild-eyed mature age student who lurks in the back corner and harasses the teacher with stupid loving poo poo nobody cares about, but diploma-level tafe is fifteen to twenty wild-eyed mature age students and the teachers are actual professionals in their field who know a ridiculous amount of poo poo and if any of you are doing or contemplating a mature age uni degree i implore you to drop out and do a tafe diploma instead, you learn more and it's way more entertaining

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

bell jar posted:

gently caress off whoever bought avs the new avatar. bring back the dancing girls
i bought it for myself, bell jar

i need to remember who i really am

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
reborka dork goodpork

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
no studies have been done on this afaik, but i did a degree in one of the worst industries for unpaid internships (graphic design) and my anecdotal evidence is that my male friends all managed to graduate from internships to paid work either with the same company or another company that poached them within six months of starting. my female friends (including me) did the same sort of work, worth the same amount of money, for the same companies, usually multiple times (i did two unpaid internships totalling over a year of work, i know women who are onto their fourth.) how many of us got work paying above minimum wage for all this free effort? not one. not a single one

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
also one of my friends asked for paid work after a six-month internship and was told she wasn't suited for the job because it involved having to talk business with big men and she was too much of a "little asian doll" to do that

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

The Before Times posted:

I got knocked back for a job at a Civic Video while I was at uni, because 'the owners want a dude--what if the place gets held up??!' never mind I had the experience they were looking for (apparently servo work is pretty similar to video store work) and had training in how to deal with a loving robbery
i can't even get a job as a disability support worker because all the places around here have decided to use their ndis money to branch into clients that were too difficult to handle before (which i guess is a good thing) and they're only hiring men, my dainty female self is apparently too week and delicate to stand up to an autistic six-year-old throwing a tantrum

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
i am told that to get disability allowance for depression, you must kill yourself successfully right there in the office

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
i will trade an ounce of marijuana for two milking goats, a blue cattledog, or a child of working age that i can raise as my own

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

You Am I posted:

On the ABC news last night they had an article on about rising housing cost effecting people on social security.

So did they use a young person as their case study? Or a single mother with children? No, some baby boomer who used to run a business complaining about not affording rent in her inner city suburb.
unfortunately that's the abc's target market now, they hate anyone under 50

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
all the tv stations are hard right atm except sbs, but someone there decided now is a good time to screen housos, so who knows what game they're playing tbh

the other stations speak for themselves

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
and yes i'm aware it's because only olds are watching tv

speaking of olds, right now i'm in the enviable life position of being able to read the maitland mercury three times a week and let me tell you they never fail to deliver the hard-hitting journalism we need in this age of crises

this broken hill fucked around with this message at 03:06 on May 16, 2018

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
in the days of newscorp anidav who's to say what's real anymore

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

GoldStandardConure posted:

my partners kiwi parents loving love Housos
i'd never seen it before and it was, ah

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
i am basically trying to become a town planner but for native animals. an ecosystem coordinator, if you will

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

Gorilla Salad posted:

That would be a cool as hell job as long as you realise that no one would ever listen to you or incorporate your designs in anything more than the most slap dash fashion.
they'll listen to me when i eradicate their lantana and rid their property of rabbits

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

Intoluene posted:

You're safe as long as it isn't a heron. Fuckers will make a mess of your pots and pans.
they're also very difficult to rescue/rehabilitate because they go straight for the eyes. ever see them stab a minnow straight out of the water with that dagger beak? yes.

one of the sweet old ladies in wildlife rescue keeps a welding mask in her car just in case she has to save a heron. i love them

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
i wish i could strike tony abbott down with my own hand but instead i have to wait for history to wreak its slow and perfect vengeance

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
elton john wasn't invited to the royal wedding

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
ed sheeran revolts me

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
river cottage australia is mostly slow-paced kindly crap, but there's one incredible episode where the hipster protagonist and his boyfriend, a buff doe-eyed butcher, baker and salami coinesseur, kill and dismember a goat on-screen and then sacrifice its flayed corpse in a churchyard in the presence of thirty-odd rural pensioners and dismayed schoolchildren

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
andrew bolt posts among us in disguise

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
meanwhile the abc's coverage is both-sides bullshit

"yes the israeli forces fired on protesters and that's not very good, but have you considered that the palestinians are still alive despite having been politely asked many times not to be? nobody is innocent here!"

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
the abc is loving poison. i think i hate it more than 9 at the moment - at least 9 never claims not to be poo poo, while the abc is still pretending to be a left-wing bastion of culture and democracy even though it's been completely hollowed out and turned into a puppet for the conservative agenda

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
the only good station is nitv

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
there's no way clive palmer will still be alive in 2030

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
i hate this country

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
i wish my family had stayed in krakow, at least the nazis were honest about their intentions

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
the thing about anglo australia is that it is the most boring culture on earth. poo poo food, poo poo music, poo poo holidays, poo poo family dynamics, poo poo work ethic, poo poo language, poo poo everything you can possibly think of. why anyone would want to live in an enclave of that is completely beyond me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
these are the people who looked at an abundant fairytale paradise nurtured by peaceful nomads drawing on a hundred thousand years of knowledge and thought to themselves "let's kill them all, raze this poo poo to the ground and grow some loving wheat already"

• Locked thread