Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

free market video game solutions

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the battles in golden sun still look amazing at least, its a very pretty game and showed very well in game magazines at the time

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

It's bad, because unlike the n64 version you can see more than five feet in front of your pod. draw distance too good imo

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

haveblue posted:

*crashes into rock that faded in too fast to anticipate* now this is pod racing!
You have to use the force

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

that's some sebulba poo poo

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Sadly the sequel was only ever on PlayStation 2.
That's Right

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

instead go all out and buy as many titty games as you can find, look the clerk straight in the eye and exclaim as loudly as you can, "I freakin love anime titties"

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

also he hurt his leg in the intro

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

Someone said there should be more homely looking female protagonists and a bunch of people rush in to post fat male characters lol

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

Podcast games are good

The Trackmania they put on PS+ a while back is mine right now but I almost have all the golds so I'll have to find something else soon
play multiplayer, now

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

turbo doesn't have RP tracks unfortunately, does have hella push forward and fullspeeds though

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm officially over kulve taroth, it was a good event and I have hundreds of kulve weapons, but I never want to fight her again. maybe I'll change my mind next time she shows up

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

chumbler posted:

I got one of the armor sets and whatever decent weapons I happened to get, but yeah I'm kinda glad they're letting Cool Terry take a vacation. She's a fun fight and the event is probably the best done of its type that I've seen across any game, but as the current end game outside of gems it would definitely risk burnout. Hopefully they've got another new addition waiting fairly close in the wings.
based on the leaked monsters, I wonder. what makes taroth so good is that she's a monster completely designed around siege. softening her up so that her armor comes off more easily next time you fight her and mining her as much as possible for maximum rewards is a great mechanic, I don't think it would work as well if it was siege of oroshi kirin or whatever. maybe they could do something cool for alatreon

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Countblanc posted:

someone please tell me how to disable the dualshock 4's blue glow when its plugged into my Pc. i havent slept in weeks,
install ds4windows, click the checkbox that makes it flash all the colors in the rainbow instead

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

stop eating like a goddamn farm animal
if you ate like a farm animal your hands would be clean

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

al-azad posted:

Has any company given a good explanation for why you can’t turn the controller lights off?
ps4 controller doesn't have any other leds on it to tell you if the controller is turned on or which player its assigned to so you kinda need it unfortunately. if the ps5 controller continues to have a big glowing light on it, I hope they at least also bring back the player leds from the ds3

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

chumbler posted:

Make sure you don't draw dicks on the maps. Or at least be very subtle about it.
do you know how hard it is to georeference a penis

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I just put in a bid for a gis project that I'm pretty sure I would get murdered if I told anyone about it, it's sick lmao

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The Colonel posted:

amy's cool in sonic advance so i'd replay mania if she were added
they should just make an amy game instead, IMO

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

labo y'allabo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcsFGIViJIY

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah its better that way because then single tap becomes screenshot, which makes it easier to take screenshots on reaction

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

I still don't know if this whole VR thing is going to take off more or less as is, but I can certainly say I'm thankful for the amount of exercise I'm getting from the likes of BoxVR and Beat Saber

did i say thankful, i meant ow my lungs
I don't have boxvr, but beat saber is real good

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

I hate to break it to this random twitter person, but you can have too many Dreamcasts
wrong, but I'm not going to take a photo of my crate full of dreamcasts. maybe I'll show my cardboard box full of sega genesisi though

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

id say boxvr is the better workout just because you're striking instead of swinging a vr lever but beat saber is way more fun and i cannot loving wait for the day that user content becomes available
I do have soundboxing and yeah that's more of a workout than beat saber for sure, although the higher end modes in beat saber get pretty intense

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

why is it suddenly like 6 free weekends all at the same time on steam

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

do not interfere with the circle of life, or put your worms inside fences

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I hope one day you find that special someone to share your gaming with

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yiiikes
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/992448859061170176

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

swery is going to jail now but he's not mad at you, just disappointed

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

In Training posted:

I have played through every resident evil game except the light gun games in the last 6 months or so and I can honestly say the only one that's not worth it is RE6. I freaking love all of these games.
even orc and umbrella core? え

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

how obvious was the counterfeit that he noticed that quickly

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Cool Mechanic
https://twitter.com/jesseringrose/status/992500921744543744

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

be your own bank, all you need is about 10 high end video cards

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

In Training posted:

Those don't count (western trash and multiplayer AIDS, respectively)
good, I was worried

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

In Training posted:

I want to play ORC someday though, once PS3 piracy is easy bc I don't want to spend money on that crap
if you have an xbox 360, a sata cable, and a high quality dvd+r dl, your crime dreams can come true

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I think its okay-to-occasionally-good, but pretty much everything they're saying about it is true. not a high bar but imo its one of the better entries in the Cover Shooter Generation (2006-2013) because there's some interesting stuff mechanically going on sometimes, especially if you play on the harder difficulties. most of the level design encourages you to take control of the fights and subvert them as much as possible, lot of open cover and ammo is kinda scarce so its in your best interest to avoid having straight gun fights and instead take advantage of the terrain to lure enemies into disadvantageous positions or sneak away and come up behind them to bash their skulls in. except sometimes its not and you get a bad stealth area or boring cover on cover encounter

but also now its become identifiable as the first of the Dad Game Generation (2013-) where all the game writers have gotten old and are having kids all at the same time, so everyone is writing games with incredibly shallow themes of mortality and fatherhood so it must be destroyed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

especially if they're weird fungus monsters

• Locked thread