Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Yeah May 1 is Labor Day in many countries except in the US where it is officially both Law Day and Loyalty Day :rolleyes:

Post your favorite worker games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

That is why I would main Karin if I played SFV

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

VideoGames posted:

Thinking about Horizon and how good it was, hearing how good the new God of War is and knowing how good Bloodbourne is made me wonder how much it cost to make those three games.

It looks like HZD is roughly $45million, Bloodbourne is around $20 million and God of war I am going to average about $55 million. $120 million for three really good games that are all exclusive to the PS4.

This generation could have been so different if instead of spending $2 billion to buy Minecraft, microsoft had used just a quarter of that on 6 attempts at finding a new game for themselves.

Heck, even going all out and making as many Triple A exclusives in that $2 billion as possible, some are bound to have stuck. It would make more sense than buying Minecraft.

The Minecraft deal has actually probably been profitable for them? All the licensed stuff that comes out for it means that Microsoft rakes in money from licensees without doing much.

And specifically the Minecraft deal was because Microsoft had a bunch of offshore money that they could not repatriate without paying taxes on. Since the worst tax law in history was passed and includes provisions that basically say the US Government has given up on taxing that...

Once again, Happy May Day people

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

oddium posted:

ah dang everyone's getting new avs again

Spring forum cleaning

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Use game time as a reward for completing paragraphs of your paper, that's what I used to do.

Still do actually

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Pascal for Soulcalibur

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Wow. I remember Josh Sawyer has posted on these forums (it's been years since I've been in an Obsidian game thread here) but has he commented on this

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Yay, the Good Life got funded. Can't wait to meet that East Cat (in 2021 probably)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Dr Cheeto posted:

At the risk of wanting to die: what?

IIRC they didn't like Faith's face and so they altered her eyes to be, um... "less Asian"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The idea of that big pile of hot salad made me gag a little

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The Elder Scrolls and Bethesda Fallout games were pretty good at churning out default bland-to-grotesque characters

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

With fighting games because you have so many characters you can have a few "ugmos" but they aren't going to be front-cover characters

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Motto posted:

Eh, early SF US covers sometimes made some odd choices across all the versions.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Blanka

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The daughter in Wolfenstein New Colossus
Mei?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

(because blizzard just recycled a Pandaren model for her apparently).

This is amazing

Edit: I mean, A-mei-zing

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 03:57 on May 3, 2018

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The Colonel posted:

persona 2 had miyabi hanakouji

and then uh, several years later persona 4 had a selfish ugly fat comic relief girl

Lala-chan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n-Mmnk60fw

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

Reminder that video games turned shelob, the spider monster from lord of the rings, into a sexy dark-elf looking babe because of loving course

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Moira is an otaku David Bowie and she is awesome

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Shadow of War was fun but everything about the narrative, starting with the title, was incredibly dumb and only rarely gets to the point where it's so dumb that it's entertaining

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Hunt11 posted:

Here is how you manage those games. You zone out during the plot and then go back to creating stories you care about with all your orc friends.

It was a podcast game for me.

Especially with the postgame grind that I knew was optional and especially doing it for that dumb-as-poo poo cutscene that I could have watched on YouTube was foolish in hindsight

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

It's more that I have podcasts to listen to and my hands are free

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I haven't gotten around to God of War yet but am enjoying seeing how frequently its thread title changes

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Has anyone eaten food from 7-Eleven? Should I do it?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

codenameFANGIO posted:

I do it on occasion and it’s never a good idea

Thanks, I took a look at the food there and I ended up just getting a pack of jerky and some Ruffles.

In Training posted:

ive eaten a lot of food from japanese 7-11s and it was cheap and quite tasty.

If they are anything like Hong Kong 7-Elevens I would consider them an entirely different thing

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

It's OK, I didn't want to ruin my appetite for my bag of Overwatch League Sour Patch Kids anyway

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I go to Wawa when I'm on the east coast and it's good. It also helps that I'm usually visiting my parents and out there the restaurant choices are not as diverse as when I'm at home

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Well I sat down in this cat cafe and this cat won't get up from my lap so I guess that's the end of my Yakuza 6 playthrough, time to start God of War

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Shouldn't it be G2 and D2 in France anyway

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Rehearse, rehearse, rehearse

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Support your local credit unions IMO

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

So is it basically just Hearthstone with lanes like a moba

The state of games in 2018...

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

This is why you don't cry fraud to BofA

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Realtalk I hate board games where you can be eliminated early and then everyone else is still playing for like two more hours

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Yes you had that airship and when you traveled from location to location you had to shmup

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Sometimes it does weird me out that one of Sony's most "iconic characters" is just some dude in jeans and a t-shirt

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I enjoyed that one of the signs that PlayStation technology had advanced was that they were able to switch from a T-shirt to a Henley once they could render the individual buttons

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mByDcrNSV0

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

My favorite one of those was the one about getting the worst ending in Witcher 3 because he was a bad dad.

It was actually a good article because it revealed the subtleties of the game's storytelling.

gently caress, now I am thinking about how I still haven't gotten around to the DLC

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

On a lighter note: a kid in my computer science class did a PowerPoint presentation about Fortnite and it made me die a bit inside.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2V_58xws9g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

It's better than people trying to make PlUnkBat a thing

• Locked thread