Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Xbox doesnt own minecraft, ms does.
Xbox would never be given 2 bn to buy a game studio because theyd just loving close it down and tell a bad lie about why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

exquisite tea posted:

Awhile back there was some rumor floating around that MS would buy exclusivity rights to Cyberpunk 2077 but that was probably just wishful thinking.

They were trying to buy a chunk of cdpr iirc but it didnt work out.
They have a strong marketing and codevelopment relationship since witcher2 and i expect that to continue.
Cp2077 will deffo be on the xbox stage even if 2 3rds of all witcher3 sales were on ps4

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rumors are its far into development as a deus ex style fps and will appear in the ms show but who knows

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

We've seen more of Cyberpunk than Resi 2 remake....

I dont trust capcom to do anything.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Console Marketing Exclusive

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im surprised they dont sell ps4s on a pci card you can put in your rig to stealth past all your master race friends but still play dat raw fo dog

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is that like a wonderswan pocket?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

spudsbuckley posted:

Except for any of the recent PS4 exclusives,which are arguably some of the greatest games of all time.

They'll be on pc in 10 years. Ps3 emulation is finally approaching acceptable performance

an actual dog posted:

Nier A made it to PC

I dont think that was ever exclusive

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Zaphod42 posted:

Maybe on yours

I got this its great (but the placement is so low it hurts the hand long term)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I said come in! posted:

I finished the story for Titanfall 2 today. :homebrew: I enjoyed it. Will there be a Titanfall 3?

Ea says so but the studio is currently doing a starwars game that will likely come first

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

glam rock hamhock posted:

I was watching some videos on Bloodborne lore and is there any other game series where the placement of pickups is often used to tell the story?

Dark souls

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Calaveron posted:

Man you ever wondered how the Golden Sun series was supposed to end

No i wondered who actually made it through the intro of the game without falling asleep

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jay Rust posted:

Why is there just one gay cat?

Hes a cannibal

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Convex posted:

Main guy in Nier is a weird looking dude

My gestalt dad used a spear

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

His walk in DR1 is so strange its endearing how he lurches around everywhere

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ciaphas posted:

alright i've hit my annoyed old man limit

what is an absolute unit, why is it called that and where did this one come from

Not gonna google your fat jokes for you

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jay Rust posted:

So we’ve proven that male characters are allowed to be chubby and still be sympathetic, what about female characters?

Wolfenstein 2 has a likeable fat fmr nazi lady

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I beat the free beyond 2 souls from ps+

It was ok. Would have been better if it was half the length.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I said come in! posted:

I think i'll be able to finish Ki No Kuni II this week but I can't decide how much I want to bother with the kingdom building part in post game.

You have to level it up pretty far to unlock the final mission so i just deleted the game after it was over

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Just say "hey first person to post steam name gets this game"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I had to tape the xbox button on my bonetroller cause its so drat white bright in my face when im laying in bed

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Internet Kraken posted:

Why is it that if I eat something greasy, I can wash my hands thoroughly three separate times over the course of 15 minutes and still have them feel dirty

Grease is nonpolar and water is polar. Use more soap

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Doom Goon posted:

Just have it fully replace the share button. God that thing is awful if you accidentally hit it. Edit: Outside the PS4 it's just a really lovely designed select button but on the PS4 it's garbage.

The official reason you can't shut off the light bar is VR. Seriously.

You can change the share button to not bring up the menu unless you double tap

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

cheetah7071 posted:

I tried weed a few times and completely failed to get high so either I'm genetically resistant to THB (which is apparently a real thing?) or I'm a massive fuckup at weed

Theres your problem, u want the weed with thc, not b!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jay Rust posted:

What’s the proper term for that thing where you replace a letter in a sequel’s title with the appropriate number, e.g. Thi4f, Re6ident Evil, Batt1efield, F14al Fantasy, etc?

133tspeak

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mechwario

Full spectrum wario

Ikari wario

So many beloved titles

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

oddium posted:

i made star wars brownies for work and everyone liked them

Thanks for the brownies

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Help Im Alive posted:

What's so crazy about Destiny being on the humble thing

Activision is in panic mode

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

MMF Freeway posted:

Lol nah they made literally a billion dollars in revenue last quarter off of just microtransactions. They wanna get it out cheap before their expansion next week so people buy boxes.

Yah they panicking that player counts are at a franchise low right now they need fresh meat in there to exploit

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Help Im Alive posted:

Did anyone play the david cage demo/what is it like

Its like will smiths i, robot but frencher

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pro powerpoint tip: dont read your slides. Whatever you were going to type on the slide beyond image captions or key ideas/ definitions, put on personal note cards instead. They they have to listen to you and dont get bored.

Note: does not apply to idiot teens who will bother you for class notes if you dont publish them.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Saint Freak posted:

It never occurred to me the name Smash Mouth meant anything before today.

Edit: this isn't even the right thread but I"m leaving it so deal

Its a common football idiom for hard hitting playstyle.

Eat the eggs

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Thatvshould be a real game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Steve2911 posted:

They repeated mistakes from D1 but also managed to make a bunch of new ones, and somehow have managed to produce content at an even slower rate than they did before TTK came out.

That was part of their renegotiation with activision, they asked if they could do less content and made business concessions to the publisher to get there

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is the sword also a ghost?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

is there a warning about feeding your cat desserts in the book

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

You didn't like the insanely boring naughty dog game where Nathan drake is afraid of zombies? Hope your Brain is ok.

the mp is good but yeah i was snoozin a bunch during the game. the one part i really liked was creepin up on the sniper cause it was like that wide-linear philosophy they ran with in uncharted4 and uncharted LL that really imo made that series actually interesting to play. you had to get to the end of the zone but your route was your own to make through the trapped buildings and firing lane streets. a whole game with that philosophy could be cool but it would probably get in the way of their story ambitions or whatever for the serious drama zombie ladder and raft puzzle simulator

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

uncharted 1 is especially trash

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Raxivace posted:

Wait so Last of Us is bad? I had a (digital) copy that I got during some sale that I was hoping to get to at some point based on the hype, but I dunno now.

tons of people love it. but theres people like me that were very bored too. probably gotta make your own opinion. the mp is solid and very competitive tho.

its kinda like every sony story game but for some reason lotsa people really dig this version of mr gruff buffman and child that must learn to survive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

that comment up there about headshots is gonna draw out the semi famous copy pasta from the sony thread that always gets posted when people complain. that thread shuts down for pages and pages everytime the game comes up and people flip out at each other

• Locked thread