Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

Let’s start the month on a positive note. Let’s talk about games we love!

I been really digging DDS2 but I got to a boss that was kicking my rear end so I'm back on my Tekken/Splatoon shizz when I have a half hour to hour to play something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Paid online sucks rear end especially since everyone on console uses wireless and every connect feels like complete poo poo compared to PC games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Just like the GBA was one of the best consoles ever bc it was a portable, iterated version of a previous good console, the switch will be the best console of all time (portable PS2)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's an FPS game, if there's more than three lines of dialogue it's bad. But the level design and movement whips, best FPS campaign in ages

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh man

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Not as fast as the numbers in F Zero GX

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Skypie posted:

How much will I be looked down on by a store clerk if I buy Dragons Crown Pro

Nobody really gives a poo poo probably. Hell when I used to shop at a GameStop regularly where I used to live I was apparently the only person to ever visit the store and buy a Vita game so whenever I came back the woman who worked there would try to upsell me on trashy games and used the phrase "anime tits" regularly.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You all were right about DDS2 going buck wild

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

Thanks. Shame, the art style is appealing but the gameplay seems relatively nonexistent :(

That's phone games baby

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

hello onion games, for whom the chulip/little king's story guy works, and also who are the devs of the smash mobile hit Million Onion Hotel and the also good game Dandy Dungeon, are making a game for the Switch and pc called Black Bird. thank you for your time

Oh hell yeah.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bayonetta

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Has anyone eaten food from 7-Eleven? Should I do it?

ive eaten a lot of food from japanese 7-11s and it was cheap and quite tasty.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

NEW ISAAC OPINIONS:

New enemies are bad, I hate them
New Boss is maybe the worst thing ever
Stop giving these enemies so much loving HP!!!!

all of that can be forgiven, however, because the new character is a loving blast to play.

It ticks me off that with every expansion BoI got closer and closer to some dumbass hardcore community mod that only 4 people would actually wanna play but now it's just irreversibly the game bc of how it's designed.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Finally, a D2 remaster.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

$0 is too high a price for Destiny.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Somebody should make a version of foxdie that only targets activision/blizzard employees

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBDdcP6Ofl4

:staredog:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

$120 is the price of the game and then there's real money lootboxes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MechaSeinfeld posted:

This thread has dedicated more time toward destiny 2 than it deserves.

Im looking forward to spending my long weekend starting God of War :cheers:

Im still playing the RE REvelations 2 raid mode for some reason and just unlocked a cyber ghost that can only use a samurai sword.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MechaSeinfeld posted:

The Capcom x Sega humble bundle that had REmake and Code Veronica coupled with the psn sale with all the RE games on sale has got me thinking I should play other ones that aren't just RE4.

I have played through every resident evil game except the light gun games in the last 6 months or so and I can honestly say the only one that's not worth it is RE6. I freaking love all of these games.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

homeless snail posted:

even orc and umbrella core? え

Those don't count (western trash and multiplayer AIDS, respectively)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Quest For Glory II posted:

i thought maybe my brain was broken for not liking TLOU but I'm enjoying Prey so maybe I'm okay after all

I also got Gravity Rush Remastered and Yakuza Kiwami in the psn sale

You didn't like the insanely boring naughty dog game where Nathan drake is afraid of zombies? Hope your Brain is ok.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I want to play ORC someday though, once PS3 piracy is easy bc I don't want to spend money on that crap

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Quest For Glory II posted:

to build on this

- really repetitive gameplay (its clickers! its bandits! its clickers! its bandits! find a ladder! find a raft! its clickers! find a ladder)

- enemies take more than one headshot to kill lol

- joel sucks

- nonstop waist high cover level design

- stealth is so so bad

- weapons feel like garbage

Real hurthling! posted:

the mp is good but yeah i was snoozin a bunch during the game. the one part i really liked was creepin up on the sniper cause it was like that wide-linear philosophy they ran with in uncharted4 and uncharted LL that really imo made that series actually interesting to play. you had to get to the end of the zone but your route was your own to make through the trapped buildings and firing lane streets. a whole game with that philosophy could be cool but it would probably get in the way of their story ambitions or whatever for the serious drama zombie ladder and raft puzzle simulator

I haven't played a naughty dog game since I rented Jak II at a blockbuster, I assume all their games are equally trash

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't think getting a headshot should instantly kill an enemy.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bogart posted:

remember the Dead Island moba
lol

I was too busy playing the KOF moba

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You can't do the final mission until you reach a certain kingdom level iirc. It also didn't affect me bc I did every side quests whenever they were available but if you didn't want to bother with that it's annoying to drop a locked gate like that 30 minutes before the finale

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Idk if you've reach Tantal yet but it's got some of my favorite music of last year

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Harrow posted:

Yeah, everything in Tantal has amazing music. I just finished the story and now I'm doing superboss stuff, but I think the music's what's really gonna stick with me.

Every time I go to Fonsett Island I have to stop and listen to the music for a bit, too.

I did the same with mor Adrain, I would always be sure to stick around for least a full loop of the Day theme if I was doing something there

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

If you ranked hobbies based on how poorly people spend their money video games are probably like top 5

idk classic hobbyist hobbies like woodworking, model building or stamp collecting and poo poo are really expensive too.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Digital games also cost less than the price of lunch not 100,000 dollars + monthly upkeep

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If that counts than the may GOTM is Splatoon 2 again.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Honestly Splatoon 2 and UNIST came out within a month of each last year and they're still the games I play the most of...I've turned into the dreaded "multiplayer" gamer

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played so much of this game...i loved it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

Video games could stand to learn a bit about pacing imo

I like that there are lunatics who make 80 hour games where nothing really happens, it's a hard thing to pull off in any other medium

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Most movie critics also suck but nobody is sending them death threats about it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You all weren't kidding about DDS2, im currently 5 layers deep into the Sun and the visual design of everything is just getting radder and radder. What a great finale to the slowly growing craziness of this narrative

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fun reveal from PS4 hackers: the PaRappa the Rapper and Patapon "Remasters" are the PSP versions running in an emulator that's just applying upscaling and texture swaps on the fly. They swapped out the game files and now there's a fully functioning PSP emulator on PS4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

man nurse posted:

If Sony wanted to release some PSP games for play on the PS4, say Maverick Hunter X or Metal Gear Ac!d, I'd probably buy them. Seems like it'd be a pretty low effort thing they could do for some easy money!

THere's probably licensing and stuff involved for releasing anything that isn't a first party game, so dollars-to-donuts the upcoming MediEvil remaster is also just the PSP game.

• Locked thread