Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Yuuuup and for now going with base building and survival in gameplay.

A modern fallout without console commands is not one im sure I wanna play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Help Im Alive posted:

That food looks gross

Not really? Just your average posed/glistened commercial food.

It's not artisanal kale or anything but :shrug:

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

homeless snail posted:

its just roast beef with cheese

Its fast food which just like freezer dinners I will tell you taste like cardboard.

Listen to me while I tell you about this new cheese cultured in the napa valley and shipped in silk

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

cheetah7071 posted:

Bethesda please start making games I actually want to play again tia

It would be really nice.

Unrelated, I just started playing monster prom so I get your avatar and I love it.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

pizza in general is really overrated imo

You wouldnt say that if you hadn't been closed down :(

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Dewgy posted:

No but Brian Henson is making an R-rated cop puppet comedy if that counts for anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGW2eZGnznk

Conceptually it sounds like an awful idea but one: Brian Henson knows his poo poo and brought in tons of Muppet staffers, two: that trailer is great.

They’re getting sued by Sesame Street over the tagline too, which is pretty funny.

Is it just the tagline? I thought it was the general raunchiness and I was confused because Avenue Q has been a thing for a while

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I'm still listening to bishop nehru's latest album cause I'm slow at finding new music.

Unrelated, but I also just bought another nendo. This one is sombra, the best overwatch character.

I can't wait for it to show up in the mail, whenever that will be!

Boop!

Monster High question, I just finished a route successfully because I realized they show you your stats for a reason, and I'm looking for advice on how to unlock endings. I tried to look, but all I see are full spoilered guides and I'm looking for more of a 'hint' variety.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Real hurthling! posted:

Capcom fucks up everything tho

I don't know, theres scuttlebutt they're doing something with the Outbreak games! (Dies inside knowing it wont happen)

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

I said come in! posted:

Learning Fallout 76 is an online survival game is probably going to be the biggest blue balls of this year. :sigh:

Oh honey e3 still hasn't happened

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Saint Freak posted:

Let's just say Sony has a real KNACK 3 for press conferences, if you catch my drift.

gently caress I'm gonna miss Kaz :(

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

In Training posted:

WHoa is there? [in merchant voice] Got a link?

Welp, this is something. I was going to go down the rabbit hole of showing you https://www.residentevil2.com and showing you the dude who registered that domain has also registered many other capcom sites over the years.

No big deal, everyone knew the remake was coming so duh.

I was then going to point you to https://www.residenteviloutbreak.com same place holder and registrar, with the presumption it's not just an url sit because theres nothing for https://www.residentevil3.com its unregistered.

I was going to do that, but in the time that the little obscure outbreak fan forum noticed this and now the registry info for the outbreak site is now protected so you cant even see dudes name. :iiam:

E: the https in the links is loving poo poo up on my phone, remove them if you want to see the simple OK

E2: yes this could very well be a Chrono Break scenario but goddamn it I want outbreak with everything it was supposed to have.

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 22:17 on May 31, 2018

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

I said come in! posted:

Dragon’s Dogma is the only Capcom game I have enjoyed since whenever Resident Evil originally came out.

You cad Okami came out after that

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

The Colonel posted:

the spinoffs contain some of the worst games capcom has ever made to balance that out

Outbreaks not included :colbert:

They were tragically before their time and suffered the Capcom fate of having to cut a massive amount of poo poo.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

corn in the bible posted:

if you can play detroit you have a ps4 and should just play this instead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9L7hvye9-M

gently caress yes

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Am I to understand ORC and UC are canon?

I was reading the wiki on Lisa Trevor and it seemed so.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/KazHiraiCEO/status/1002326806140215300?s=20

Lol I'll miss Kaz

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

precision posted:

I honestly think Detroit is gonna end up being my GOTY runner-up, after Yakuza 6 and God of War tied for the top spot

Dont tell me David Cage did well in spite of himself and every other thing he's done.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

nachos posted:

If you’re able to turn your brain off and just roll with the lack of subtlety in some of the storylines then it’s a good time. The game is a technical marvel and the branching stuff is done extremely well.

Yeah, see, wanna buy what you're selling but heavy handed metaphors fuckin kill me

E: I'm sorry I trust nothing cage puts his name on, but I'm curious enough to maybe pick it up on sale now when I was never gonna play it. So theres that.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

precision posted:

Seriously, the heavy-handed stuff is wildly exaggerated by The Internet. Like yeah, it's in there, but in my first playthrough I actually didn't even see the worst of it - a lot of the more heavy-handed stuff only happens if you play into it.

And other things, like "THE ANDROIDS RIDE IN THE BACK OF THE BUS!!!!!" is exaggerated and dumb. Like yes, there is exactly one part where you, as an android, ride in the "android compartment", but in the context of the game world, it makes sense - this is in Detroit, which is where All The Robots Are Made, so it would be kind of strange if they didn't have an android compartment since pretty much literally everybody has an android they send out for errands and most humans take self-driving Taxis anyway.

The real heavy-handed stuff is more in the parent/child metaphors that are present in every storyline, but it's still not that bad.

The script being great and the actors doing a really really good job (esp Clancy Brown, Lance Henriksen, and the leads) helps loads.

Connor is my husbando :swoon:

I'm so conflicted

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
gently caress you precision dont make me want to play a David cage game :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

precision posted:

I don't know where you got this idea, there is an android house of prostitution you visit.

Well, in my first playthrough I didn't even see that screen. That's what I'm trying to get across here, like yes, that stuff is in there, in SOME of the scenes, which any given person might not even see. Like the "literally sings a slave song" part, that's something you won't see unless you go down a very specific path.

Point is, it's easy to cherrypick a few screenshots from one storyling in a game that's 8-10 hours long, and which has an additional 8-ish hours of content you'd have to play several times to see. If the possibility of seeing a couple heavy-handed metaphors over the course of a very long game is enough to turn you off, then sure, but I have to stress that stuff is literally like 1% of the game.

Ok, sold. drat it.

• Locked thread