Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

Oh my god this Atelier L&S game is adorable

Give Gust all your money so they can keep making them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

I’m about to play Titanfall 2. I’ve heard the story and characters are bad, could someone confirm so I can set my expectations properly? Thx

The story isn't anything novel, but the campaign has great level design and basic gameplay is fantastic, and BT is my friend.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Getting worried I'm not going to be able to get the one Cool Terry gem I need for her armor in Monster Hunter. I wasn't able to play basically all last week and she's just not giving up the goods.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

That's just going for a different audience.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The reddit redesigns of Faith from Mirror's Edge.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

univbee posted:

That's what the two ends of the character creation sliders are for.

Not to ruin your goof, but it's probably not great to compare monster factory and not-video-game-attractive people.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

It's also harder to make a less-attractive character than a generically pretty character because things like facial asymmetry and skin imperfections and weird-looking hair and poor-fitting clothes are harder to draw or render

Just like female protagonists.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

corn in the bible posted:

Chun Li got legs for years

Chun Li is also a mom now.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

You don't play as him, but he's a party member so close enough.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

My friend Cool Terry finally gave me a second gem, so time to take a break from Monster Hunter for a bit and also because the Dante from the Devil May Cry Series quest is intimidating.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I have beaten Bullet Witch. It is a game that exists, and is very short and definitely a product of its age.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

When you think about it, the arctic is really just a big fridge.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

homeless snail posted:

I'm officially over kulve taroth, it was a good event and I have hundreds of kulve weapons, but I never want to fight her again. maybe I'll change my mind next time she shows up

I got one of the armor sets and whatever decent weapons I happened to get, but yeah I'm kinda glad they're letting Cool Terry take a vacation. She's a fun fight and the event is probably the best done of its type that I've seen across any game, but as the current end game outside of gems it would definitely risk burnout. Hopefully they've got another new addition waiting fairly close in the wings.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

glam rock hamhock posted:

Everything about Sonic Mania continues to be the best Sonic has ever been
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYEmRHFolvM

That's a low bar if we're being honest.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Wildtortilla posted:

I got my dream job today. My state's Topographic and Geologic Survey offered me a job in their GIS and Geologic services program. So I'm going to be managing geologic data and making maps and figures for their publications.
:)
:aaaaa:

Make sure you don't draw dicks on the maps. Or at least be very subtle about it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

put this on my tombstone

The only thing worse is no hit stun or flinching on bosses in action games.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Makes it sound like an undertale song.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Buy new game, spend all day playing Dark Souls 2 instead

That is the real Dork Souls.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Save your $12 to help you buy goty Monster Hunter World when it hits PC.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Support your local credit unions IMO

True they are generally at least marginally better than national banks. There are proposals to bring back banking through the post office, but they likely won't get anywhere.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

homeless snail posted:

yeah, I still have 2 invites to it in my steam inventory that I can't get rid of. + two airmech 2 beta invites, a steam community beta invite, Super Monday Night Combat beta invite, and a copy of torchlight. the copy of torchlight is the one people want the least

Torchlight 2 was such a disappointment. Not that Torchlight 1 was anything special, but they fixed none of its problems and didn't use the new special thing about the classes for anything interesting except for the engineer, who as I recall was the only good class anyway because they could avoid the whoops you got one shot by a random crit because we didn't think about our defense system at all problem.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 07:58 on May 5, 2018

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Dedede looks kind of... unfortunate there.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I think my most owned game is Bayonetta, at 4 copies.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

So is it basically just Hearthstone with lanes like a moba

Will two terrible tastes not taste terrible together?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Organizing a night for that must be hell. I had a hard enough time getting people to even try Citadels back when I had friends.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

He looks so stupid with that beard.

Much like nearly everyone with a beard.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Harrow posted:

XC2 is a really good game and I feel bad for initially dismissing it for its silly character designs. It’s really fun.

Gonna have to try XC1 soon. I know the combat is really different (more emphasis on positioning and less on timing, I think?) but I want more Xenoblade drat it.

Hope for a switch rerelease of XCX.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

nothing wrong with junk food fiction. If you like a book and people tell you to read something else the correct response is "who the hell are you to decide which books are real"

Look if you're not reading a book about a small new england liberal arts college professor who is kind of a lot like the author suffering from ennui who is trying to bang a student to feel young again and accomplished, then you're not reading a real work of literature.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Video games could stand to learn a bit about pacing imo

Now you've just got me thinking about Titanfall 2 again.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Looper posted:

Sage Monday Morning Advice: you don't have to justify why you like something

Actually it is incumbent on you as a modern citizen to fully interrogate the sociocultural influences on and impact of you liking anything.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

I looked at The World Ends With You on my shelf all weekend because I want to replay it, but I know it's going to come out on switch this year, but I don't know when it's going to come out and also the switch is not the two-screen version when I've only played the two-screen version so what if it comes out and I don't like it as much and then I would've been correct to have just played my old copy when the mood struck me instead of waiting?

All problems that would be solved if I had just thrown my old games away.

Buy switch TWEWY so that they make a sequel. That's how it works, right? I'm looking forward to the cool art style and music in better quality.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

And still none of them are Lyn.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I know it's good that people can learn valuable life lessons from video games, but that headline makes me fear a bit for the kid.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Dad articles about dad games, learning the shocking revelation of parenting.

Jokes aside though, dismantling the patriarchy and toxic masculinity is good.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Honestly the Norse gods tend to feel like much nicer people than the Olympian gods. Like Odin never turns into a swan to rape someone

There's plenty worse than that in greek mythology. The story behind Medusa is a particularly bad one if I remember right, and a depressing reminder of how little things change. All mythology is super hosed up it turns out.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 21:07 on May 7, 2018

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

Nova, and presumably all the other Star Robots, are designed to grant hosed up Monkey's Paw wishes that turn out horribly for everyone involved. Its evil.

Perhaps they exist to teach the lesson that one should not wish, but strive to achieve things by their own means. The libertarian message of Kirby.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Snooze Cruise posted:

Its not the same if I can not feel the pages where Lancer is loving Archer.

I don't know if Enkidu is a lancer, but I'm pretty sure you can buy a copy of the epic of Gilgamesh at your local bookstore.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Situation under bonetrol.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Viewtiful Jew posted:

ATTN, major video gaming lore has just been dropped:

https://twitter.com/Kirby_JP/status/993690716105687040

This is canonically what The Big D looks like naked.

But buff Triple D is all blue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

al-azad posted:

There should be a “that’s battletech” macro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pyCsu0QRO0

• Locked thread