Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Jay Rust posted:

Let’s start the month on a positive note. Let’s talk about games we love!

This is where I would talk about UFS, but nobody cares about Non-Digital Card Games nowadays. Unless it's Magic, Pokémon, or Final Fantasy (or whatever Living Card Game is the flavor of the year) that is.

So, instead, I'd talk about GITADORA/GuitarFreaks & DrumMania, but nobody cares about a Japanese Band-Style Rhythm Game. Even among the (Western) Japanese Rhythm Game communities, no one cares about it.

...so, I'll just say that the Yakuza series is great. Been following since the PS2 days, and so glad that the series has finally found the audience it deserves.

Kiryu is best dad.

[If, for some reason, anyone is curious about the other things I mentioned, I can talk about 'em. I just typically expect indifference and lack of interest.]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

The Hunter

Ojou laugh in and of itself is not bad. It is the Ojou herself that makes it bad.

You can have good Ojous doing the laugh as a deliberate taunt/teasing thing. But bad Ojous use it all the time.

Also, I just got back from 7-Eleven and I rented Dad of Son God of War from the Redbox, so I have two days to experience the adventures of Mad Dad &
and Boy.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

Ouch.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

VideoGames posted:

I think I would very much enjoy a drumming game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwuBV4AtZic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWOjU5KPseg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbCUFpL7_ys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTr0OwGNfY4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbDoMnVrcxc

(These are just some of the harder charts for these songs. Difficulty has a wide scale from 1.00 to 9.99 at highest.)

GuitarFreaks and DrumMania are good games (although I did just post Drum charts). But there sadly aren't many current GITADORA setups in the west. Mostly at US Round 1 locations, and there may be a few in EU/UK, but I don't quite know about that.

If you live in the vicinity of a Round 1, it's worth going down to check it out since they generally keep up to date with the rhythm games they have. All locations have been getting Dance Rush as well recently, a new game that I have yet to try. It does look fun though.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

Expect My Mom posted:

we have different ideas of what lupin what looks i guess

that guy isnt hot at all

Give him a chance. One doesn't become a Dragon overnight after all.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

cheetah7071 posted:

I recall the Lost World being the best arcade light gun game from when I was a kid. I sucked rear end at it but spent so many quarters on it

Man, didn't we all.

Although, Time Crisis 2 (then 3) was always my Light Gun game of choice. Well, that and Point Blank.

quote:

These days when I (rarely) find myself in an arcade I make a beeline for Drum Mania though

Ah yes, a very good decision. :hfive:

If it's classic GF/DM, which version?

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

cheetah7071 posted:

I've never been in an arcade with multiple versions of Drummania so whichever one they have

One of the pipe dreams I have if I ever find myself insanely wealthy is to just buy my own personal drummania set

Ah. Yeah, I just meant whichever mix since removals/additions were always a thing, and still are.

I used to have access to a GF/DM V8 setup, but it's gone now. At least I actually live near one of the US Round 1 locations so I have access to GITADORA Matixx (most recent version).

I still miss being able to play long songs like Suzy and the Time Machine.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

How has everyone's day been?

I'm actually taking a soak in a Hot Tub after helping out with some heavy lifting and playing a lot of DrumMania this weekend. Feels very nice.

How about you?

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

Sakurazuka posted:

I just started work and I want to die

Please don't die.

Internet Kraken posted:

I played DoW 2 and was drawing a picture but then I got a weird cramp in my hand. I hope it goes away because I really wanted to finish the drawing I was working on.

Also someone on tumblr gave me what I think was a genuine art compliment and it made me feel fuzzy.

I hope the cramp has faded, and congrats on the compliment. It's always nice to get positive reinforcement on what you enjoy doing.

The Colonel posted:

i tried to do a dungeon in weapons master mode in soulcalibur 2 and it was full of berserkers who moved insanely fast and killed me in three hits

:rip:

Hot Tub soak went well. Legs feel much more relaxed, and my arms aren't feeling as tense now.

I would post one of the best related SNL sketches (James Brown Celebrity Hot Tub Party), but the only upload on YouTube is a lovely off-screen recording. So, instead, have a song from DrumMania that I should be able to do decently on, but need to play with a friend that has the song because I didn't unlock it when I had the chance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbCUFpL7_ys

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

Good morning chill people. I wish I was doing better right now.

Long story short, my rear end hurts. I fell flat upon it yesterday, and now it (still) hurts to move in certain ways. Anything involving my lower back basically.

At least my stomach doesn't hate me right now. Hopefully that continues to be the case.

Hope you're all having a better day so far.

DLC Inc posted:

I loved F-Zero X....what's the worst that could happen with GX.

Story Mode.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

univbee posted:

Yeah, the story mode is 9 chapters of 3 difficulty levels each which have incredibly narrow margins for error even on the easiest difficulty.

Highlights include a recreation of "Speed" where Captain Falcon's vehicle has a bomb on it and he can't drop below a certain speed, on this super-windy road that takes several minutes to go through where anything beyond a very light touch against a wall is boom-town, and the higher difficulties increase the minimum speed you have to maintain.

There's also escaping an exploding reactor through an obstacle-filled tunnel but also there are healing items which you MUST collect all of to have enough boost to make it out alive. The lowered time of the increased difficulty is such that on "very hard" with a perfect run you basically don't make it according to the timer, but you slip through before the exit fully closes off.

I'm so glad I never had to deal with Hard/Very Hard Story Mode to unlock the F-Zero AX Characters and Parts. All thanks to actually taking my GCN Memory Card every time I went to the arcade when we had an F-Zero AX machine all those years ago.

Yeah, if you want to unlock every Custom Ship part in GX, you need to either complete everything on Very Hard, or have access to an F-Zero AX machine and get parts/characters through that.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What should I use this on (I don't need GOW or any of the current Yakuza and LOL it's not going towards buying Detroit)

Pinball Arcade Season Passes before all the Williams and Bally tables are removed forever.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

Typically, only one Coupon Code can be used in a transaction. So, I don't think you'll be able to get the double discounts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

But...but what if you're the one doing the streaming?

• Locked thread