Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Continuing the Last of Us discussion: I hate the drat stealth in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Samuringa posted:

I didn't expect a sequel so soon but I guess Aloy going kart racing had to happen at some point
All this reminds me: why the heck did they call it Horizon Zero Dawn. What focus group won out with that beauty.

Im playing Icewind Dale now, and Im a fan.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

I said come in! posted:

I finished the story for Titanfall 2 today. :homebrew: I enjoyed it. Will there be a Titanfall 3?
Probably

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I liked Golden Sun way back when

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

What's so crazy about Destiny being on the humble thing
Its a giant selling AAA game that was released within the last year

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I got the Capcom/Sega Humble Bundle

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

glam rock hamhock posted:

That just makes me think about how Jeff Gerstmann has said he actually would have rated Twilight Princess lower but Gamespot's rating system had a formula that whrn he plugged in the elements it made it higher than he thought it deserved
They rated Gameplay, Graphics, Sound, Replay Value and Reviewer's Tilt out of 10. Gameplay and Tilt were both 30%, Graphics and Value were both 15% and Sound was 10%. It was bizarre and they stuck with it for a long time.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

glam rock hamhock posted:

I thought the music that got taken out of GTA4 was mainly the Russian stuff, not the majority of music
I also thought they replaced it.

I want to say San Andreas had to make changes to it's soundtrack well after the fact...

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Im probably never getting a wired connection for a console

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I feel like DARPA was literally funding research into "gay bombs" to psychologically disrupt enemy positions. Like I think I heard that on This American Life or something
Thats why Revolver Ocelot kills the guy

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I wish studios announced what they were doing even if its far off. Having it be this big mystery doesnt really add much, especially when like 95% of the big name studios are working on a sequel to their big property.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Infinity engine type games kick loving rear end

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

Divinity os2 demo on console is hard as heck to see whats going on vs the original on my laptop right in front of my face. Might not be able to play it from this far away, dang
It seems like a terrible fit for consoles in a way that's hard to get around.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Do they even reference Kiddy Kong now? Was we wiped from history?

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Raxivace posted:

Tbh if you took out the weird Jesus nonsense, teaching kids how to react in shooter situations is not the worst idea in the world.
If we're talking real young kids it's a really terrible idea.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

precision posted:

there is gameplay in that there is significant branching so watching a playthrough you will not see like fully 50% of the scenes
Couldnt you just watch those scenes on YouTube right after.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

When did Bethesda make an Overwatch clone I feel like I missed something
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bethesda_Game_Studios_Austin

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
The 2 rematches thing is absolutely ridiculous.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Two questions:
1. How is The Banner Saga?
2. What is The Banner Saga?

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Capcom had a good run in the early days of the HD generation when Dead Rising and Lost Planet didn't have a lot of competition, Mega Man 9 doing 8 bit seemed unique and then RE5 and SF4 both sold really well. They tried to branch out by publishing a bunch of Western developed games (Dark Void, Bionic Commando and eventually DmC) which all sucked and lost them a lot of money. They really mismanaged both the Lost Planet and Dead Rising sequels which killed one franchise and has really capped out the other. Dragon's Dogma kicked rear end but IIRC they spent a ton of money making it and it didn't really work out for them. Now on any Capcom game that isn't mainline RE or MH you can realllllllly feel the budget. Street Fighter x Tekken, Street Fighter V and Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite have all been disastrous out of the gate and had huge money grabs in them and it's hard to see where they go from here fighting games wise. I remain hopeful for Devil May Cry 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

In Training posted:

considering capcom hasnt made an in-house fg since 3rd Strike-ish im assuming their future FG plans will continue to be: outsource their brand.

actually wasn MvCI in-house?
I mean maybe but it's 95% reused assets from MvC3, which wasn't.

• Locked thread