Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I visited my dad and cleaned my house and sat down to work on my 100% on Yakuza 0 and then just as I finished up my first karaoke song the power went out and now I am sitting in the dark and I am PISSED my dudes. I wanted to play that Yakuza. My hard drive better be okay. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

every time something like this happens to me i think, what an era we live in where the power can go out entirely and we can still share our discontent with the internet

Yes the cell phone is a marvelous wonder device but I am worried it’s gonna run out of power and I’m going to have to read a book or something. With a fuckin candle. Disgusting.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

glam rock hamhock posted:

Bayonetta is a great game but it might have the worst QTEs in any game ever

that part with the dragon throwing the thing at you is some horseshit and it gets me every single drat time

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Has anyone eaten food from 7-Eleven? Should I do it?

I do it on occasion and it’s never a good idea

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

In Training posted:

ive eaten a lot of food from japanese 7-11s and it was cheap and quite tasty.

I have one down the street from me and all their food tastes like salt and misery

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

al-azad posted:

Has any company given a good explanation for why you can’t turn the controller lights off?

they are COOL and they PAID TO PUT THEM THERE so you had better ENJOY THEM

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

i was a frugal college kid but spent my savings from eating salads and >making my own food on

you guessed it

nintendo ds, phoenix wright, and pokemon mystery dungeon

thought you were going to say weed tbh

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

video games are better than weed tbh

They are best if combined.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Rarity posted:

I've dived into Viva Pinata and it's an absolutely beautiful game filled with charm yet somehow super stressful. I keep on trying to beat up pinatas with my shovel to stop them eating my worms but they won't stop :(

thinkin bout that post in the old Xbox360 thread where the dude bragged about ruining a little girl’s garden and naming all her piñatas MUSSOLINI and HITLER and stuff and her mom sending him a mean message and when I “yikes”ed it he was like “come join us in the griefing thread we have many things to show you”

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

No I mean it has some cosmetic stuff that you can only use a limited amount of times and then you lose it and have to try and get it again

haha gently caress this game

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

My favorite thing from the neversoft spider-man games was the ability to customize powers to costumes so that I could be an invincible version of The Amazing Bag-Man.

that’s only in the second one, which is not very good and was made by Vicarious Visions

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Snooze Cruise posted:

I love that photography modes became really popular just in time for the new Spider-man game to really take advantage of it.

It’ll be easier than ever to GET THOSE PICTURES OF SPIDER-MAN *pounds on desk*

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I work overnight and I am a weird vampire man now.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

lmfao awesome

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Hello thread. I have started playing Far Cry 4 and uh didn’t someone in here say they wanted to hang out with Pagan Min? Because I am wondering if they also want to hang out with Dr. Doom and Cobra Commander.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

so that’s a no

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

i like that cliffy b is posting all the Genius Ideas he had that the MAN wouldn't let him make but they're poo poo like this:

https://twitter.com/therealcliffyb/status/996481671892537344

a sequel to Toobin’ would loving rule though

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

worst sunburn spot: scalp

imagine the skin peeling and the red hot sensation on your scalp

aaaaaaaaaaaa

actually from experience the top of your feet is worst

do not forget to put sunscreen there my dudes and dudettes

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

nachos posted:

Game announcements are the worst. Hey here’s my game that won’t be released until the end of the trump administration. Get hyped!

Hey, that’s two things to look forward to.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

In Training posted:

Booting up the Elvira table in pinball arcade to keep it stealthy

lol

Expect My Mom posted:

Booting up the Bride of Pinbot table in pinball arcade to keep it obvious

gently caress, beaten

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Diabl-em-ups

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

So what makes a game action-adventure vs plain action or plain adventure?

Well an adventure game is like a point-and-click Maniac Mansion Kings Quest kind of thing. I don’t know what a straight action game is. A brawler, I guess???

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Capitalism is the dark souls of living on this retched planet.

lol

Regarding room decoration, I got a bunch of professional prints of maps from games I like if the game didn’t have a map included already, and I bought fancy frames for them and they are set all around my game room like they are exotic places I have been to, (which they are). I have the Hyrule map from LoZ2, the Master Quest map from the original, Onett from Earthbound, Vice City, Super Mario World, Red Dead Redemption, and Los Santos from GTAV. I want to put Link’s Awakening up and I found this person who makes shadow boxes of game scenes on Etsy that has the Light and Dark Worlds from Link To The Past that I am hoping to get soon. I do not recommend this as living room decoration, or if you are hoping to find a significant other.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Remember how there was a Warcraft movie? I’m watching it tonight

don’t do it

watch Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within instead :getin:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

This scene with everyone running in mortal terror from the tiny little Bob-Bomb and the jump boots were both pretty cool tbh

Also looks like game of the month was sniped by Friday the 13th: The Game yet again with their new single player update hitting in the morning! Congratulations once again Friday the 13th: The Game!!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

I don’t think “near-futuristic” is a term Colin

It is but when we’re talking about androids and poo poo I am pretty sure we are solidly in the realm of just plain “futuristic”

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

guys i said stinkle, you might've missed it

she’s extremely good though

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I already said Game of the Month is Friday The 13th: The Game’s single player challenges. I don’t know why there is any more discussion here.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Because you're wrong, duh

I’m always incredibly correct though??? :confused:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Wamdoodle posted:

There's single player content for that game? I thought it was asymmetrical(?) multi only.

They just added it on Thursday. It’s like Hitman except you are Jason skulking around murdering teenagers. It’s pretty awesome.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

chumbler posted:

Have you met Gamers?

I try not to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

homeless snail posted:

orc is definitely worse than umbrella corps

Idk I played through all of ORC and it was just super bland. Umbrella Corps was actively ugly and pointless

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Am I to understand ORC and UC are canon?

I was reading the wiki on Lisa Trevor and it seemed so.

It was my understanding that ORC was non-canon and I am going to work to that assumption because its story is really dumb

• Locked thread