Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

IIRC they didn't like Faith's face and so they altered her eyes to be, um... "less Asian"

That redesign was created by a Korean fan, a similar thing happened with the sequel. https://kotaku.com/once-again-some-japanese-gamers-dislike-the-look-of-mi-512420010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I dunno, that's a pretty crazy low price for Destiny 2, hell, it's the lowest I've seen any Activision game go on sale. Especially since, as I understand it, the game sold gangbusters on PC.

Hell, I didn't even like the beta and I'm tempted to get it, though only if my friends want to play.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I just found out that the original Leroy Jenkins video was staged. Everything in my life is a lie.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

I said come in! posted:

He needs to just go back to being a level designer for first person shooters. Epic needs to finish up their new Unreal Tournament already, that still has a lot of work left on it.

No updates since June of last year. :negative:

I really liked whatever versions I played of it, too.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

glam rock hamhock posted:

Lawbreakers seemed good but to even put a dent in the dominance of Overwatch it needed to be amazing or, at the very least, free to play.

I do think that would have changed things some. Hell, I'm pretty sure it was announced as F2P.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

I mean Palladins seems to be doing fine. Better than Lawbreakers, that's for drat sure

Number 15 on Steam Charts, which isn't nothing.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
More like Paragone!!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

exquisite tea posted:

Wowser, you could have a bright future producing DownwardThrust videos.

I do not no what that is.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Dewgy posted:

At least in my brief experience with it it was zero fun to play. It was basically any standard slow rear end old MOBA except you had a third person action character instead of a mouse cursor. This could possibly be decent except everything you could do was still on cooldown timers, so there was more or less no benefit to it being third person.

Yeah, I'd thought it might finally be a MOBA for me from the early trailers but then I found out it trended way towards that genre than a shooter.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I still have like a pint of heavy cream left over from when I made some tikka masala, anything else I can make with it?

chug it

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
drat, looks like I'll be taking a week-long vacation with my dad and brother to Cape Breton and I'll miss most of E3. Why does life have to be so unfair?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Well, looks like COD is back to modern-ish-but-not-really combat which means speed and movement in multiplayer FPS is back to where it was half a decade ago, save us Titanfall 3. :pray:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

cheetah7071 posted:

I hope E3 announces doom 2016 2

I mean same, but Bethesda might see Rage 2 as their one, big FPS this year.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

DisDisDis posted:

Also OW still has really low ttk for a lot of the cast and insanely sluggish movement without the sprint button most games have to compensate and a loving aimbot character lmao

I'm not just speaking from nostalgia, because I've only really started appreciating 90s-style FPS games more as I've grown older, but I honestly do think the arena shooter was the zenith of skill-based, competitive multiplayer. You had to have good movement skills as well as accuracy, map design was a lot more vertical and you had to know what spawned where, the majority of weapons weren't hitscan and each had different physics models, and, by and large, it was hard to kill an enemy in a single shot, meaning evenly matched players could duel it out throughout a level. Compare this to most modern, low-ttk shooters where it's all about who gets the drop on who and shoots first.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Cowcaster posted:

have you heard the good news about a little game called... lawbreakers

Yeah and I liked what I played of it, I just wasn't stupid enough to actually pay for the thing.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I never named my Pokemon.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Giving a weapon a name is really cheesy, be it a sword, gun, or animal.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Snooze Cruise posted:

This is why I don't name your weaponized bad posts

that doesn't make much sense but you should name your beautiful pokemon

No.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Hooray! I can still get games easily in PC Titanfall 2. :toot:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Augh god-fucken-damnit Titanfall 2 is so good and it's a crime it didn't take the world by storm. Probably my favourite multiplayer shooter of all time.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 21:17 on May 19, 2018

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
My home stands on chicken legs, also, I eat children.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I put all of my money into what I thought was gold, but was actually gelt. I ate them all and now I'm broke.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I got a TFSA when they were running a promotion for 2% interest for the next six months and now it's down to 1.1% but there aren't any charges and if there was a minimum it sure as hell wasn't 15k. Canadian here, guess it's different in the States. My regular savings did offer a garbage interest rate though, yeah, but I've closed that now.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I can't imagine not playing a game, any game without KBAM.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
For real, I've always felt the fine aim a mouse gives a twin-stick type game more than makes up for the slight loss of precision movement.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Anyways, I think twitchy arena shooters died because the genre moved on and because it isn't what most people want therefore it isn't what makes money. It's not like there haven't been multiple attempts to bring them back but people just ignore it

It's because they're wrong and have bad taste, OP

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Looking forward to GOTM Overload coming out next week.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I'm in the "cook/bake her something nice" camp. Even if you don't regularly cook well, you should be able to find a fool-proof recipe for, like, brownies or something on the internet and as long as you follow it directly it should turn out all right.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Cowcaster posted:

transcendent brain: dead elf

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

exquisite tea posted:

I say kill the John Lennons, and the other guys, and Bill Hicks, and all men in fact.

Starting with yourself or?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Oh cool like metal gear survive. :suicide:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I thought that George Carlin bit was neat and I don't get why Arby's specifically is a punchline for bad fastfood jokes when there's much, much worse. Of course I probably haven't eaten Arby's in a decade, nor do I plan to so. :shrug:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Its fast food which just like freezer dinners I will tell you taste like cardboard.

Listen to me while I tell you about this new cheese cultured in the napa valley and shipped in silk

Prole, I only eat cheese directly from the cow's udder. :smug:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
The last pizza I made was a Detroit-style and it was very scrumptious.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What the heck is a Detroit pizza

It's made in industrial parts (not joking)

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Taintrunner posted:

Bread makes you fat

Don't eat the whole loaf in one go next time.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I'm a superior human and bake my own bread, when I eat it.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Dewgy posted:

two: that trailer is great.

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
drat, glad I was right about Overload definitely being GOTM, because it is definitely GOTM.

• Locked thread