Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Ah man, what will those console gamesters in the States think up next?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The idea of a cyberpunk RPG sounds cool to me but playing and really disliking The Witcher 3 the more distance I have away from it has kind of killed any interest I could have in CDPR making it.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Taintrunner posted:

My blu-ray of The 08th MS Team showed up today I’m told that show is pretty good
It’s not terrible but kind of weak tbh.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Golden Girls owns and its kind of sad to me that something like it feels like it would be less likely to be on TV today than in the 80's/90's.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Real hurthling! posted:

His walk in DR1 is so strange its endearing how he lurches around everywhere
Isn't his foot supposed to be broken?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Iwata Asks: How much blood would you spill to obtain power?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Wait so Last of Us is bad? I had a (digital) copy that I got during some sale that I was hoping to get to at some point based on the hype, but I dunno now.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

If I got shot in the head I would come back as a ghost and haunt this forum.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

corn in the bible posted:

giallo is weird violent stuff but also detective stuff. so does this count?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGUB-5nxlMw
I played the Jack the Ripper game in this series and it was loving bonkers.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

oddium posted:

banjo tooie had a bunch of multiplayer score based games sprinkled into the single player for some raeson
Tooie (And DK64 also I guess) really went all-in on excess. Everything is bigger and there's always more of whatever (More moves, more transformations, more visits between worlds etc.), though its always not to the game's benefit.

After replaying the games when the 360 ports came out, I think the more streamlined experience of Kazooie holds up better.

EDIT: Hell Tooie 360 even added more fuckin Stop 'n' Swop.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 22:09 on May 6, 2018

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Even if you sell your games, the memories you made with them will forever be a part of you.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

chumbler posted:

And still none of them are Lyn.
That reminds me of how Project M was going to have Lyn and its a shame the people behind it never got around to finishing her.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

In Training posted:

Most movie critics also suck but nobody is sending them death threats about it
Plenty of film critics got death threats for giving negative reviews for Nolan movies.

Cowcaster posted:

feel pretty confident in claiming there have been more than a few death threats vis a vis marvel, dc, and star wars movies
Yeah these too.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'm still waiting for the Jean-Luc Godard of video game criticism to emerge, who can than ascend to becoming the Godard of video game developers.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

glam rock hamhock posted:

Armond White recently seemed to start spouting that the Parkland kids were crisis actors so gently caress him.
I like some of his actual film criticism but that Parkland thing was super gross.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Snooze Cruise posted:

Lmao, he actually is.

Also Epic of Gilgamesh is extremely good. Everyone should actually go read that if they haven't, its fairly short.
I read that for a class on epic poetry in college and it was pretty fun.

That whole class was good.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

al-azad posted:

The only thing you need to know about Outlast 2 is that it has a pit of dead babies.
What is the context here?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Convex posted:

Not to that extent, I don't know of many Mario, Doom or Resident Evil themed gently caress parties. Sonic just seems to bring out the real weirdos
The lady who was the model for Jill Valentine in REmake specifically has done sexy cosplays as Jill.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

To be fair there have been plenty of other dumb "wars" in other forms of art criticism. American and European film critics of the 50's for example tried to reduce all of Japanese cinema to just Kurosawa and Mizoguchi (As if they were even trying to do the same thing in their movies), and you had to pick sides for some reason. It was wrong to like both.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Is that robot thing from Cave Story supposed to be so emotive

I don't remember him being that emotive.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The Colonel posted:

get a 100% save in 007 nightfire and just screw with the ai together using rc vehicles
I like how one of the old methods to mod a PS2 not only required a copy of Nightfire, but specifically required you to beat several levels of it before you actually can begin the modification.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Wait no it was Agent Under Fire, not Nightfire.

Too many fires IMO.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Your greatest opponent in Dark Souls isn’t your enemy, but yourself. Also sometimes the enemy when they cheat through walls and poo poo.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Samuringa posted:

Those are AAA themes now, indies are now about mashing as many mechanics as you can in the least playable ways. Also never leaving Early Access or leaving as a completely different game.
I thought AAA themes were now variations of "being a dad" justifying fascistic violence.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Nintendo gave Bush Jr. a copy of Brain Age lol.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Accordion Man posted:

Why not just make a new F-Zero with the Star Fox characters in it?

Nintendo really have no idea what to do with Star Fox.
They're finally going to explain how James McCloud joined the F-Zero race.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Why is Sephiroth hanging around with Luke Skywalker?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I think the only game I've seen that would have strongly benefited from being able to rename your weapons is Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War since a lot of the significant weapons you spend the first half of the game building up and getting attached to are used against you in the second half.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Man I hate having a cold. I feel like vomiting my brain out. :smith:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

She sure has a big hat.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I remember being shocked when I first learned the Super Mario 64 castle theme played in DKC3.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'm trying to escape a room too, except the room is my house.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

goferchan posted:

I went to a Christian summer camp when I was like 10 years old and a bunch of guys with masks and guns burst into the room and said that they'd kill anyone who didn't denounce Jesus lmao. I recognized one of them as a camp counselor pretty quickly and just thought it was dumb but I'm sure there are some kids who are still sorting through their trauma related to that, it was SEVERELY hosed up lol
Tbh if you took out the weird Jesus nonsense, teaching kids how to react in shooter situations is not the worst idea in the world.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

lets hang out posted:

Battle Golfer Yui is about cyborg battle golfers and at the end of the game Yui saves her girlfriend from the evil mastermind's golf brainwashing and they both blow up killing thousands of people
This looks like Go Nagai art, and honestly that premise sounds like something he would come up with.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Snooze Cruise posted:

I'm innocent and do not know what a sex is and find it gross and unhealthy*

*Flashing neon sign behind this poster: "Hundreds of hours put into Ladykiller in a Bind"
Is that Ladykiller game actually good? I liked Digital and thought Hate/Hate Plus were alright, but that one with the long title was super blah and I never hear people talk about Ladykiller.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Help Im Alive posted:

You know Samus was raised by the chorizo
Lol that brings back memories.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

glam rock hamhock posted:

Why? Were you too raised by giant birds and/or Spanish sausages?
About a year or so ago I said in one of these threads that I didn't know what a chorizo was and thought it sounded like creature from the Metroid games.

Also goons made fun of me for not liking burritos and eggs. Quite halcyon days, those were.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 20:00 on May 20, 2018

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Should I play through Alan Wake or Deadly Premonition
Deadly Premonition.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The combat sections are fun IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Also if you watch an LP you don't get to control whether York shaves or not.

• Locked thread