Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I'm trying to force myself to take a video game break but gently caress...anyone recommend something on Switch? I'm thinking of Stardew Valley or any other easy action RPG game with a decent enough story to keep me playing. Any recommendations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Yeah I guess that's what I needed to hear. It's summer and I should be outside. Watching E3 pressers should be enough of a fix this month. I have Kiwami 2 coming end of August and then it's holiday season.

I'll gently caress off.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

What are some current or upcoming RPGs that have simple enough fighting systems and have good stories. I am currently enjoying the Octopath Traveler demo because the fight system is really easy. I'm new to RPGs and games I liked were Dragon Quest VIII and both South Parks.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

cheetah7071 posted:

What consoles do you have access to? Bravely Default and its sequel are good at letting you be as clever as you want without requiring you to min max if you don't want to.

Alternatively, if you don't mind anime boobs, Neptunia is good and all the modern ones are very simple
I think I have most consoles except for Xbox One. I prefer something on Switch, 3DS, PS4, or macOS since those are my only systems not in storage.

I don't have a problem with anime boobs or starchy carbs

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Thank you for the RPG recommendations. I'm going to dust off my 3DS and either get Bravery Default or Radiant Historia (what would you guys pick out of the two) to tie my over until Octopath Traveller.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I'm leaning towards story because Octopath will probably be all character and I like the time travel stuff I heard about RH. What are the mechanics like in RH? I'm quite a beginner so I wouldn't mind something on the simple side.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

That reminds me of what they were trying to do with the fractured but whole. I'm going to look up a gameplay video to have an idea. I think in Octopath you can also make characters defend to skip turns to build up their boost meter.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I’m charging up my 3DS. I think it’s been 2 years since I turned it on.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Summer was always about fighting games and now all I want to do is play JRPGs.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I said come in! posted:

Hoping for a Soul Calibur VI release date.
Same. I dunno why the latest Tekken didn’t click for me. I’m a fan of the series. Really enjoyed KOF14 though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Doorknob Slobber posted:

man ordering something prime shipping from amazon and not getting it for a week sure is disappointing, should have checked that free shipping + credit towards next digital purchase button
I've had this issue for a whole year and I would complain each time. They would give me free games, credits, and prime extensions. This year they sourced some bizarre small courier company to deliver all my poo poo the next day. It's really great.

• Locked thread