Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Yakuza 0 was only £18.99 on the PS store so I bought it to begin after Nier Automata.

I am starting to feel a little guilty, however, for the great games I own that I have begun and then bounced off of. I wish I had more gaming time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Thinking about Horizon and how good it was, hearing how good the new God of War is and knowing how good Bloodbourne is made me wonder how much it cost to make those three games.

It looks like HZD is roughly $45million, Bloodbourne is around $20 million and God of war I am going to average about $55 million. $120 million for three really good games that are all exclusive to the PS4.

This generation could have been so different if instead of spending $2 billion to buy Minecraft, microsoft had used just a quarter of that on 6 attempts at finding a new game for themselves.

Heck, even going all out and making as many Triple A exclusives in that $2 billion as possible, some are bound to have stuck. It would make more sense than buying Minecraft.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Cowcaster posted:

what do they call steam sales in europe

Saint Freak posted:

battle royale sales with cheese

univbee posted:

Teenage Mutant Hero Sales, at least pre-Brexit.

I laughed ridiculously hard at these :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Had no idea there were new Isaac boosters! That is neat, I have always enjoyed playing it on the Switch :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

What’s the proper term for that thing where you replace a letter in a sequel’s title with the appropriate number, e.g. Thi4f, Re6ident Evil, Batt1efield, F14al Fantasy, etc?

I want more sequels to drop numbers and just have cool extra titles. Like Resident Evil: Code Veronica X. I much prefer that.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Perhaps we should have a fun little go at photoshopping sequels for games with terrible titles!
I will see if I can come up with anything.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
GET READY FOR SOME GAMING!!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I like finding cool and odd Kiry pictures for my avatars now :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

I am not sure how to deal with this knowledge.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Bonetrousle is awesome and I often hum it when going about my work day :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Dr Cheeto posted:

Are you papyrus irl

He does have a cheeky smile! :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

In Training posted:

Finally, celeste on Switch!!!

Everyone should play Celeste! Goodness what an incredible game!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I think I would very much enjoy a drumming game.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

That drum with the red face may just be equal to Kirby in cute factor!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Roger Moore is the favourite bond of my Dad.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Nice.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
The meaning of life is to value what you choose to be.

I choose to be as happy as possible during my time alive. Some of it is taken up with other people. Some is writing. Some is reading. Some is playing video games.

It is simple, but it works for me :D

Also, when people are saying Ys and Tales are Arpgs, do you mean arpgs like Diablo3? If so that is very much my jam!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Well that is me confused/enlightened at the same time!
Something to try in the future I think! :)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I LOVE Diablo clones because I love Diablo.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I remember beating Wolf3D with just a keyboard.

Right hand on the arrow keys, left hand horizontal.
Palm for space to open, index for ctrl to shoot, rshift to run. Somehow beat all six episodes like that. I tried going back to it just to see and I cannot believe what I was thinking!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I love, love, love, love, love the Super Mario Brothers movie!

I saw it opening day in the UK at the premiere in Leicester Square and young me can still remember having the most wonderful time :D I watched it again two or three years ago and still had a blast.

It is just as weird and odd as the idea of an Italian plumber jumping around a weird mushroom kingdom crushing his enemies below his feet and rescuing the monarchy. I LOVE it for that!

• Locked thread