Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I like how detroit comes out a couple of weeks before E3 so it will be quickly forgotten

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Continuing the Last of Us discussion: I hate the drat stealth in the game
it's really bad and gently caress the Clickers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

Let’s start the month on a positive note. Let’s talk about games we love!
I really enjoyed The Invisible Hours. it's a VR game by Tequila Works (Sexy Brutale, RiME) that's a nonlinear murder mystery where you can rewind and fast forward time and follow people around, kind of like Tacoma. There's some silly bullshit in the end, but what I like about the game is how you can watch people come to their different conclusions on the murder based on their own perspective and what they happen to witness/discover. Basically a lot of valid theories get passed around that are only invalidated by the fact that you have the omniscience from time control and seeing everything.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'm 34 today and listening to TMBG

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

this song encapsulates me and probably everyone in this thread also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiC_yiHKZiY

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i tell you how to cyclops rock
and then you go and turn around and break my heart
waste my cyclops time
mess with my cyclops mind

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

my experience with golden sun is *wobble*

*other character wobbles*

*i wobble again*

*third character wobbles for no reason*

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Internet Kraken posted:

IMO there need to be more ugly women as game protagonists. Men too for that matter, and I don't mean grizzled dads with a rough charm.
You could probably do it and not raise gamer ire if the style is very cartoony/cute

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i finished the last of us. i didn't really like it, but i did finish it so it's over now

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

In Training posted:

Somebody should make a version of foxdie that only targets activision/blizzard employees
that's f*ckin twisted mate

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i thought maybe my brain was broken for not liking TLOU but I'm enjoying Prey so maybe I'm okay after all

I also got Gravity Rush Remastered and Yakuza Kiwami in the psn sale

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

In Training posted:

You didn't like the insanely boring naughty dog game where Nathan drake is afraid of zombies? Hope your Brain is ok.
to build on this

- really repetitive gameplay (its clickers! its bandits! its clickers! its bandits! find a ladder! find a raft! its clickers! find a ladder)

- enemies take more than one headshot to kill lol

- joel sucks

- nonstop waist high cover level design

- stealth is so so bad

- weapons feel like garbage

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

In a game that prioritizes ammo conservation I'd appreciate it, especially with the stealth being so bad

I like when I stealth through an area and then a scripted enemy runs at me which causes the enemies I stealthed past to attack me (this happens as late as the hospital lol)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The enemies felt like they took the same amount of damage to kill as an Uncharted enemy, a game where you have a billion bullets and weapons and are an action hero

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Nintendo officially discontinuing 'virtual console' is basically shouting from the rooftop "steal our poo poo" but w/e, do what you do nintendo

rather than that I want to talk about this loving super cool looking game coming out this year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tEgeZrOOHM

having just beaten prey i am up for more '-shock' games

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Not a Children posted:

Got a robot named fight today, it’s a pretty fun roguelike. I can see myself shelving it in a few weeks but it’s a fun little gameplay loop. Hella repetitive on the rooms, though.
Yeah I really like ARNF a lot, it's one of the extremely few Metroidvania roguelites that actually qualifies as a Metroidvania. Also it's pretty brilliant how they coded it so that any dead end made by the map generator has some sort of upgrade so you never waste your time going in a certain direction.

I just felt like the handling of the character could be better, it controls a little oddly. Also I think you have to beat it 10 times to actually unlock the final boss which is dumb. I know BoI does it but that kind of thing is lame to me

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

gravity rush is fun but by golly its really annoying to do gravity kicks on the tougher monsters and bosses, especially when you target a weakpoint and slip right off it and careen into the sky

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/SNKPofficial/status/994399824362393600

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

also because the music industry doesn't come out on stage and go "this year it's all about the LISTENERS"

this year E3 is all about the GAMERRRRZZZZZZ *thousands of nerds stand up and put their hand to their heart pledging to win the Console Wars*

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

rami ismail seems like a cool person

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I think rami also made distribute() which is basically a way for indie devs to circulate PR, press kits, and even steam keys to Youtubers who request and provide credentials

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

nicalis' best game is creepy castle and they don't even list it on their website

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

precision posted:

yeah why isn't there one
i feel like shithole randos would find it and be terrible

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Motto posted:

It's often objectively unfair to the work and its creator(s), but when the bad aspects of a fandom are vocal and nigh-omnipresent online, at least for its time of peak popularity, it's understandable that it might influence you. Especially if they're the types to browbeat over mild criticism or mistakes.
actually rick & morty makes me very intelligent to watch it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Robo Turnus posted:

pinball arcade probably a pro move for a first date as well. Less twee than skeeball. My move is a dart bar though, because Im trash scum.
they'll just berate you for not buying up the bally/williams tables before they delisted

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Cliffy was whining that Epic was taking his employees when it was obvious his studio was gonna shut down

He may be a "nice guy in person" but he seems bad at business and bad at being a boss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Five guys burgers are pretty gross to look at but they're also tasty

However I live in uptown so they are not priced like fast food. It's $12 for a burger and large fries :[

• Locked thread