Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

exquisite tea posted:

Omigod never read Steam comments. Re: Lara Croft's model in the new Tomb Raider game.

Come the gently caress on, a baboon is a monkey and a gorilla is an ape, WHICH ONE IS IT STEAM RACISTS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Wawa is the best gas station food place.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Sakurazuka posted:

I can't really unfriend my brother in law

You can mute him, hide him, or unfollow him so you're still friends but his stupid poo poo will stop showing up on your timeline.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
If you've been doing really well in the class you can bomb the final and still get a C. That's all that matters, don't over think it or get too down on yourself.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I get that people who create pull from their life so the whole parenting thing will undoubtedly become a more common theme as the industry ages. I wonder if the opposite will have any impact on story telling, I have no interest in having kids but I don't think many people will champion stories that are about being in your 30s and not having a child to care for.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

exquisite tea posted:

Sometimes I still think about how much MS screwed up pretty much everything related to the XB1 and I'm like "drat." Probably one of the most epic self-owns in gaming history.

If the 360 was an inhale then the XBO was an exhale (from a butt because it's a giant fart).

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yzs9WSyZKTg

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I know PoE2 is coming to the Switch, I hope PoE ends up there at some point too as I'd like to play them both on the same system and carry my characters over.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

cheetah7071 posted:

I've wanted to get a hobby that involves meeting new people for a while but every time I sit down to do it I literally can't think of even a single hobby that isn't either solo or with people you specifically invite

There are usually book clubs, board game nights, and coffee meetups in local areas, try looking on Craigslist or Facebook if you are serious about meeting people.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
It stinks for the random people working at Boss Key that they're now jobless but I got a feeling Cliffy B is doing just fine himself and can now go retire in his mid 40s.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Please change my name to CLIFFY'S IFFY, UH thanks.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
The real solution is to not have children.

Or just be a more involved parent who teaches their children the value of time management and restraint but that would require effort and people are real lazy and would rather throw an ipad at a 3 year old to shut them up instead of engaging with them.

e: I feel a lot of my own issues with time management and focus are a direct result of my parents own issues with these things and basically their lovely habits became my lovely habits.

e2: 'I don't get how kids can't stop playing these games' say parents with iphones glued to their face 24/7.

ONE YEAR LATER fucked around with this message at 20:53 on May 15, 2018

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Doorknob Slobber posted:

parenting is a lot of work my kids have a tablet and its restricted to an hour of use a day. I do the same thing for the rest of the electronics, they get one hour to play video games or watch something then they can go dig in the dirt the rest of the day or whatever the gently caress kids are supposed to do

That makes you a better parent than most. Good job, seriously. My neices constantly have phones or ipads in their faces and they're only 6 and 4.

e: going outside is good as gently caress and I wish I had more time to enjoy nature like I did as a child. I miss camping.

ONE YEAR LATER fucked around with this message at 22:24 on May 15, 2018

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Look at these city folk telling me, a country bumpkin, how bad the outdoors are. I bet you couldn't even tie a clove hitch or poop in a hole you dug in the ground.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Skypie posted:

Is a clove hitch the one that's like an X shape wrapped under itself? I used to use that one hoisting conduit bundles and tool bags. That or hitches.

Yup.

quote:

I tried my hand at a bowline recently and hosed it up so I told my boss (who uses to be in the Navy), "I'm just gonna let the sailor handle the knots"

The rabbit comes out of the hole, goes around the tree, and back into the hole. That's how I learned it.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Sakurazuka posted:

I just started work and I want to die

Weekdays are the worst.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

I said come in! posted:

I'm going to be depressed if that's not a joke.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahah

The majority of Americans have less than $3,000 in savings.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Serf posted:

$1200 checking in

I'll hopefully have my car paid off by October and then I can start saving a little more. But I read the article about having twice your yearly salary in saving by age 35 and I just laughed until I cried.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I got those cool Mario and Link club nintendo posters years ago and got them framed and they're cool but I've moved a bunch in the last few years and they ended up in a box and will stay in the box until I have a house with more than one bedroom (so probably never).

I also got a print of the Japanese movie poster for Back to the Future and it also rules but isn't really something I'd put up in a non-rumpus room.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I keep getting promotional mailers from my bank telling me they'll give me a whole $200 if I open a new account and maintain a balance of $15,000 for 3 months. Who does that appeal to, it's like a 2% return, if I had $15k to just move around and let sit for 90 days maybe but they should know based on my account history that I've never had anything close to that in it. Stop wasting paper, bank.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
A bird somehow got into the warehouse where I work and it's sitting up in the rafters chirping its head off and I have no idea how we're going to get it out and I feel horrible listening to the poor thing panic.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

FirstAidKite posted:

What's the human equivalent to the empty space of a letter in a large store sign?

One of those San Francisco closet-rooms that cost $1500 a month.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Now there are two birds in the warehouse. A male cardinal came inside, I think he's trying to show the other one how to get out. Either that or we're going to have a whole flock of birds living inside in the next few hours.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Too Human was fine.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I always thought the trailer for Prince of Persia 2008 was good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ilkAyDDvOs

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Also good, I forgot about this one.

Also kill me how the gently caress has a decade passed since this trailer, I distinctly remember watching it back then and oh god I've wasted a third of my life.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Some days I legit go '2006 wasn't that long ago' and then I realize it was.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

The Colonel posted:

oblivion released a century ago

It's going to be the year 2020 in 17 months and I don't have a single flying car.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I never do anything productively, which is probably the bigger thing I should worry about.

Bird update: still stuck inside, still chirping away. If she's still here by Friday I'm going to have to set a bird trap up or something, I don't want the poor thing to starve to death (and also stink up the place)

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Final bird update: it left!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
patrick noooooo

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
David Cage clearly knows gently caress all about American politics if he thinks any politician would be investigated for being "too close to big business" lol

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Viewtiful Jew posted:

She was a vlogger so obviously this president thought she could still be an "Influencer" while in office.

"This national address is sponsored by Audible and the Dollar Shave Club."

Everyone go a buy Ivanka's clothing at Nordstrom Rack!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

precision posted:

isn't Colin Moriarty a mega-choad

Internet libertarian who got kicked out of his own company because he made a bad joke on twitter and wouldn't just do the easy thing and apologize because that would totally be letting the sjws and libs win.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
His mom also got on twitter to defend him, like lo-loving-l.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I demand historical accuracy in this game with respawns!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Jujune Video Game Month

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
If you spend any money on FTP mobile games you're a whale and by that I mean you should be hunted and eaten by Japanese school children.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
The motion controls are "mime throwing a pokeball to throw a pokeball" what more is there to get?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Why because they have motion control and you flick the screen in Pokemon Go to throw a ball and this is an extension on that mechanic because this game has heavy Pokemon Go integration. The answer to for who is children and anyone who has a heart and loves pokemon.

• Locked thread