Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I'm going to buy yakuza 0 and God of War this month.

Yakuza and GoW are a great pairing. After every big quest in GoW I’ve been unwinding with yakuza 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

GoW has too many rpg elements to play alongside 3 others, choose bayonetta

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

That's me because I can't play PC games and they never put FTL on console/android

i hope into the breach makes it to switch or something

Into the breach definitely needs to make it to switch or tablet, it’s a perfect fit

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

I thought they fixed a bunch of poo poo by the end of destiny 1 and then proceeded to ignore all of it and make the exact same mistakes in destiny 2 as vanilla d1

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

At least stamps and cars are real things. If you have a huge digital backlog of games you’re buying licenses to poo poo you don’t necessarily own that you don’t have time to play.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Robo Turnus posted:

WHICH game do you think has the best soundtrack of the ages? As for me, I think it is LISA, the painful rpg. A 2nd place is tied between hotline miami and DOOM.

vvvvvv

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

finally nier automata gets the recognition it deserves

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Oxxidation posted:

also that sequence went on for way too long

Yeah that sequence did take a while. Every level in Celeste is a few screens longer than it needs to be imo

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Is strange journey redux different enough to be worth playing through again?

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Game announcements are the worst. Hey here’s my game that won’t be released until the end of the trump administration. Get hyped!

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Really Pants posted:

Detroit is a David Cage game, haven't we learned this lesson already

The demo was good so I dare to hope

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wooo recurrent consumer spending

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Diablerize

Also I feel like an rpg is more or less just a case-by-case "you'll know it when you see it" thing. It's hard to come up with any one particular definition that is both short, simple, and not filled to the brim with so many exceptions that it makes you wonder what the point of the definition is in the first place.

I’d say every game is an rpg nowadays. The exceptions are games where you need to git gud like bayonetta, platformers, twin stick shooters, etc. if you can grind to trivialize the game then it probably falls under some rpg bucket.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

glam rock hamhock posted:

Don't watch video game movies

I’ve watched mortal kombat like 20 times

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Housh posted:

I think I have most consoles except for Xbox One. I prefer something on Switch, 3DS, PS4, or macOS since those are my only systems not in storage.

I don't have a problem with anime boobs or starchy carbs

Radiant historia on 3DS is amazing. There’s a demo you can try

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Dont tell me David Cage did well in spite of himself and every other thing he's done.

If you’re able to turn your brain off and just roll with the lack of subtlety in some of the storylines then it’s a good time. The game is a technical marvel and the branching stuff is done extremely well.

• Locked thread