Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Hopper posted:

Will there be DLC? If so, it goes straight into my "not until goty edition" category

No announcement yet but it’s a flagship first-party game and there are some things in it that stand out as obvious add-on access points so I’d say it’s likely.

It’s absolutely worth buying right now, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
*crashes into rock that faded in too fast to anticipate* now this is pod racing!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Convex posted:

Are there any games where you play a fat person (not counting games with character creators)

I can only think of Borderlands and Wario. I guess Doomguy has a fat face

Street Fighter 4

haveblue fucked around with this message at 01:37 on May 3, 2018

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I haven't gotten around to God of War yet but am enjoying seeing how frequently its thread title changes

I had to unsubscribe once they changed the name to BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY and it messed up the layout in my control panel

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Moi, Robot

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

MMF Freeway posted:

Uhh how does that make publishers money?

BLOCKCHAIN

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

exquisite tea posted:

I read Kim Stanley Robinson’s entire Mars trilogy as a 13 year-old and even at that age I came away from it thinking “drat, this guy is horny.”

Yeah he spends that whole trilogy getting his rocks off

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
One big reason I went digital as soon as it was feasible was that games no longer occupy any space and I'm no longer responsible for their maintenance. I still have a storage bin full of 360/PS3 games under my bed which I might try to get rid of the next time I move.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

oddium posted:

is that angel cole and devil cole

I think that's unaligned Cole and Dante from the DMC reboot.

e: Unless you mean redhead crew cut guy next to tekken guy on the other side, I don't know who else that could be either.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 16:30 on May 7, 2018

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

exquisite tea posted:

I want Sony to finally announce a PS All-Stars 2 because I'd like to live in a world where the car from Rocket League can beat up Bloodborne Guy.

Only if it's an actual Battle Royale game and you can have all 100 first party characters fighting at once.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
God of War taught me that if a stranger knocks on my door, I should have my son hide in the basement while we beat the poo poo out of each other

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Kratos hasn't been Teal'c until this game, it was someone else in the original series.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
GRAPHICS

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

In Training posted:

Studios aren't really open about the process at all

Yeah, you aren't going to go on Twitter and get live updates from your favorite grips and propmakers in the trenches of the next big movie.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Raxivace posted:

The lady who was the model for Jill Valentine in REmake specifically has done sexy cosplays as Jill.

something something jill sandwich

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Finally finished Pyre and allowed myself to buy the soundtrack. It's just as beautiful as I had hoped, but I'm a bit disappointed that the songs with vocals are literally about the events of the game. The more abstract, reference-free songs from Bastion and Transistor are easier to listen to casually somehow.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

nachos posted:

finally p.n.03 gets the recognition it deserves

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Go out for a chicken dinner, play pubg to determine who pays

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

an actual dog posted:

doesn't Conan Exiles have a dick slider in their character creator? lol

That is literally the only thing I have ever heard anyone discuss about that game. Lean into the brand you have, I guess.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Hunt11 posted:

So any recommendations for good rpg games on either Steam or PS4?

Dark Souls, op

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

exquisite tea posted:

I can't believe "no John you are the demons" has been around for over a decade as a parody of bad video game plot twists and it still continues to happen in stories that demand to be taken seriously.

That's because it's a deliberately pat and superficial statement of a storytelling trope that's existed since the dawn of time.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jay Rust posted:

Do you think we’ll see a gamer president in our lifetimes

https://web.archive.org/web/20160324233226/http://www.colleensworld.com/

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

exquisite tea posted:

Shieldweaver looks cool imho, and anyway it's not even better in the base game than Carja Silks or Shadow Stalwart.

I was a little bit disappointed that you can't have her run around in the giant bulky fallout-looking power armor.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Convex posted:

I bought Bloodborne GOTY for £18 new on eBay

Now I need to save up for a PS4 :( Are there any hardware issues like with the original PS3 and 360, or am I ok to get a pre-owned one from CEX or somewhere?

Some early models might have an issue where the capacitive disc eject button spontaneously triggers. There are fairly simple fixes for this and the slim or pro models should not ever do it.

They do have better wifi than the launch model but it's still garbage, go wired if you can.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, it should be fine unless you lock it inside a sealed cabinet or your room is unbearably hot. In normal circumstances it does not have heat issues.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Stario Kart

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Paul W.S. Anderson, Milla Jovovich to upgrade from hunting zombies to hunting every kind of monster

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Mad Max was acceptable as a PS+ freebie, but yeah it's very much a traditional open world icon hunt.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Ceyton posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb7Ymb9dUQk

RIP Cliffy :patriot:

I'll try to remember you for the UT99 maps and not the 15+ years of bullshit that came after.

Thanks for inspiring ten years of rooms full of waist-high obstacles

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Viewtiful Jew posted:

So did most of the employees at Boss Key have to find out the company was kaput at the same time we all did?

Not so much that as they wouldn't be allowed to scoop CliffyB on Twitter. Although if he had known ahead of time he probably would have worded that better.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

homeless snail posted:

64 marios jump out of a pipe, and you'll never guess what happens next

36 more marios jump out and they all try to find and kill each other

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Taiko drumming is intense and you need to stay hydrated

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

chumbler posted:

The one that is only like 3 minutes long tops and you have to be trying to lose? Or the one in route B?

The shootemup is easy but you don't get a checkpoint until you clear the shootemup, the first boss, the fight through the factory, the second double boss, the third boss, and go a little ways into the city.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :xd:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Help Im Alive posted:

How do you play a third person shooter on a phone

Not very well. You divide the screen into two regions which represent invisible analog sticks and drag your fingers around them to move and aim. Fire is either lift one finger and tap or just automatic once you acquire a target.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Poops Mcgoots posted:

has epic never heard of tilt controls?

Maybe that’s an option, I’m too old to have ever played mobile Fortnite. You’d still have to do something weird for move and shoot.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, if you're going to carry around an extra device solely for game playing you're gonna make it a DS or Switch.

I guess there are those who sit on their couches at home playing phone games but I don't understand those people.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
2ALKER

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm very much a one-game-at-a-time person so when I start an SP campaign I'll play almost nothing else until I clear the campaign. The only recent exception to this I can remember is when I dropped Mad Max for God of War, and I may go back to that at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Help Im Alive posted:

Who is this/why does Wario always have all the insider info

That looks like it's from some kind of financial disclosure document so it's probably public info he just posted first.

• Locked thread