Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
holy poo poo free Rayman Legends? thanks, sony! drat, and i was gonna try and do some work tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

EA Sports posted:

aside from bad dialogue pacing and having a typically nonsensical jrpg story, golden sun games are actually pretty good.

this is so incredibly wrong

there is no reason for anyone, ever, to play golden sun. it has absolutely nothing that you can't get from many other, better games.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

al-azad posted:

Ooh boy, Little Nightmares is an argument for how good Playdead actually is at creating cinematic platforms because 30 minutes in and this suuuucks. It's pretty and creepy but the 3D environment coupled with physics based puzzles creates these depth perception issues. It's almost like I'm playing a British isometric Amiga game. And the checkpoint system is horrendous. Inside and Limbo at least don't waste your time when you die.

I enjoyed it quite a lot, but I do recall the opening being the least good part. :shrug:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Expect My Mom posted:

prob gonna get Tacoma now that's on PS4, any thoughts? i love walking sims, i eat that stuff up

Other than being a bit short, it's fantastic

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
just lmao if you keep more than a week's worth of food in your house at any given time

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i just got back into Slay the Spire and it's even better than before. definitely worth picking up for the discounted early access price, as it's basically a complete game right now, with just a bit more incoming before the launch.

check it out if you like Darkest Dungeon and card games

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

In Training posted:

Play Titanfall 2, its the only FPS in like a decade that has a cool campaign.

are we not considering Far Cry to be an FPS here orrrrrr :confused:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

In Training posted:

nice, i love indie, early access, roguelike

yeah Slay the Spire owns

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Jay Rust posted:

No

But apparently it’s basically feature-complete

Yeah they're just testing/balancing the third character and adding the last batch of cards, it should be out of EA in a month or so, at which point the price will go up so BUY NOW!

It's well worth 16 of your american dollars

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

homeless snail posted:

is that just puzzle fighter, I see crash gems

looks more like puyo puyo to me

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The Dragon of Dojima is canonically a virgin (probably)

quote:

I have one digression about character backgrounds. This is just my own interpretation and as such isn’t official or anything like that, and I hope people read it as a kind of lip service, but I think that Kiryu is probably a virgin. Probably.

- series producer Masayoshi Yokoyama

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Robo Turnus posted:

WHICH game do you think has the best soundtrack of the ages? As for me, I think it is LISA, the painful rpg. A 2nd place is tied between hotline miami and DOOM.

Far Cry 5, Journey, No Man's Sky

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
man like i'm just saying less is more

i mean this is just fuckin' gorgeous on every level

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RjcSAaUzbI

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

as i play Far Cry 4 i'm realizing the only reason i loved FC5 is because i had not played 4 yet.

i still think it's a decent game overall but man they scaled back everything for 5 and it didn't work so great.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Ciaphas posted:

lol that last page murdered my browser, and now the reply page is doing awful things

let's uh, let's not do that again

why don't you just make it not play embedded links?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Poops Mcgoots posted:

we need a games chat discord before anything else imo

yeah why isn't there one

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
code:
Steam has finished installing Pillars of Eternity II - Deadfire
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

think i'll rewatch all of Cobra Kai while i play it

(watch Cobra Kai, it owns)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i tried to make the goofiest character i could in PoE2 but all i came up with was Pale Elf Mystic from The White That Wends, multiclass Lifegiver Druid/Trickster Rogue, roleplaying as a crazy acid dropping ex-witch that believes she's a reincarnated god of mischief

man this game is good

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

GUI posted:

The charm of Pagan Min is that unlike every other antagonist in the franchise he's hilarious and genuinely wants the main character (and by extension you, the player) to like him despite the fact that he's an awful human being.

also, 90% of the rebel "good guys" are just as bad as him

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Pillars of Eternity 2 is so much more awesome than i even thought it would be

2018 looking to be another insane year for VIDEO GAAAAAAAAAMES

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

LawfulWaffle posted:

Sounds like some pretty vanilla roleplay to me

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
true love is being able to lose at mario party

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
True Love Waits

...a week before you can't resist dropping spoilers about games to your partner

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Ciaphas posted:

there are only goblins, and funny-looking goblins in robes

apparently the Lord British failed MMO Shroud of the Avatar has steampunk kobolds

not that you'd know by looking at it, as it's literally built out of Unity store assets. lmao.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Internet Kraken posted:

A streamer I watch went from highly anticipating that game to being ambivalent about it to hating it. Apparently they made the combat system some dumb bullshit involving cards that pissed him off.

yep. and ironically enough, the combat system is like, the one thing they put effort into (misguided though it was)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
maybe i just missed that day but i don't recall seeing anyone on here say anything at all about Everything, which i just watched the trailer for and thought was a joke for about 5 minutes

also the "sequel" to Journey is only coming out on iPhones

lmao this day is starting GREAT

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
well i'm the exact target demo for stupid existential faffing about so i just bought Everything

it legit looks like something i will love

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

homeless snail posted:

literally yes

literally such a hardcore gamer he was a game in utero

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I wonder how many women are named Aeris. Or Aerith

well i know of one for sure, my ex's kid.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Expect My Mom posted:

honestly when i saw Everything was an alan watts quote generator, I felt kinda pandered to

i like being pandered too

i feel like so few games pander to existential druglords it is my solemn duty to buy them all

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
well i played "sorta" all the way through Everything in one sitting last night. by the end of the session i was getting a bit frustrated at how the game worlds are always so small (like, if you're flying a plane on a planet, if you fly in a straight line you loop back around within minutes) especially with some like the "city street" worlds which i would have liked to have been "infinitely explorable". also like if you're a small bug and you head towards a tree you will literally never get there. but i mean, i understand budgets and all that.

lots of times it felt like Alan Watts was watching me play. i get that some of the talky bits are programmed to begin in a certain place (like super/subspace, or space, or whatever) but several times while a talk was playing i would shift up or down a few levels and yet the talk would specifically mention things i was encountering, which is impossible to program since the talks aren't cut-ups, they're always one contiguous clip. so whenever that happened it was really cool.

i went to bed feeling like i had figured everything out and become one with the universe. woke up thinking of The Myth of Sisyphus and have felt all day like nothing i could possibly do matters, at all, and feeling like poo poo about it.

recommended.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Expect My Mom posted:

i dont imagine i have a lot to gain from Everything since I've already listened to Watts lectures while tripping but boy do I appreciate the teams hustle

It's weird, I've certainly heard Alan Watts lectures before as I recognize a lot of them immediately, but I guess since I was running in circles where he would be considered more of a good speaker than an idea man, I never really listened to him by choice. For me it's always been Leary, McKenna, Wilson, and Stang if I can manage to sift through the literal thousands of hours that man has talked to find the hundred or so hours where he made all the sense in the world (his rants on heroin vs. alcohol and the consumerist illusion that signifiers reflect who you are, rather than the other way round).

It's weird and sad that he was an alcoholic that died comparitively young (McKenna died at 53, of brain cancer ironically enough, but everyone else lived a lot longer, and Stang is still going as if he's in his 30s at goddamn sixty-five )

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

VideoGames posted:

I think I would very much enjoy a drumming game.

true story, playing drums in Rock Band was what got me to finally git gud at playing real life drums

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Dewgy posted:

Real drums are all about getting the bounce right, which sadly is next to impossible on the stock Rock Band kits. :(

Pro kit was pretty sweet though.

Yeah there are a lot of ways to play drums without using much upper body strength. It really depends on what kind of stuff you wanna play.

What you really need are strong wrists.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

cheetah7071 posted:

The older I get the more I like being outside

the graphics are so good

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Taintrunner posted:

Goddamn Stalker 2 is what I need now. Good thing by 2021 we will all be stalkers roaming the wastes of humanity

The other day I spent multiple hours reading about the "real life STALKERs" and I kinda want to go visit Russia. I love me some abandoned buildings and stuff like that.

Tokyo Jungle was a prophecy

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i still don't really understand what Skylanders is

i mean what kind of game it is or whatever

i've never seen anyone buy them, ever

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Talking of Knack (once again is the incredible, rhyme animal, the unbeatable), Knack 2 is down to $20 already

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah Tacoma had a really satisfying story for me. I'm honestly tempted to buy it again for PS4 since the laptop couldn't run it on max settings anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Jay Rust posted:

Forget dad games, we need uncle games

i think Akiyama counts in Y5 and 6

i hope he's the protag of the next game. unless he dies in 6, but don't tell me if he does. i couldn't take that.

• Locked thread