Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Avengers made 1.1 billion dollars in 11 days or roughly 100 million dollars a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Big ups to Money.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I fuckin' love money!

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULeDlxa3gyc

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
My plan for the coming corporate dystopia is to just pledge to Disney early on and hope that gets me a somewhat cushy position, so it is in fact indirectly good for me if they get richer.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Any good FCBD tales/photos?

They didn't stock the Fantagraphics one at my shop :(

I swung over to my former employer to check it out. To say they dropped the ball on things would be a massive understatement. They underordered popular books and didn't bother to run any of the specials or sales I've always set up which was always the money maker so I can't imagine this one will be a record setter for them. They also set the artist table outside in the wind which frustrated them, all but one of them bailed out by 2pm.

It was really depressing as I worked my rear end off for 10 years to make that event rock, easily best in the city. I left a clear plan I've used every year and they just threw it together.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The small shop in the dead mall here does a small “con” on FCBD that I hadn’t been to for a year or two (pretty sure they’re on year four).
I went this year and it was packed, and full of tables of local artists, nerdy crafts, and stuff like the 501st. :3:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Skwirl posted:

I have a theory that it would be possible to edit the Clone Saga into something that's about a third as long and actually pretty good. Within that horrible mess there's actually a bunch of decent Spider-Man comics.

Also, unrelated, but
https://twitter.com/kibblesmith/status/992617167295311872

They actually did something like this with the 'Real Clone Saga' miniseries.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Yvonmukluk posted:

They actually did something like this with the 'Real Clone Saga' miniseries.

Yeah, they got the original writers back and gave them six issues to retell the Clone Saga as they originally intended it. IIRC, it moves at a break neck pace but suffers from having to re-explain what 90s Spider-Man continuity was since it came out in like 2010.

Also, it's infinitely better because it doesn't undo the Death of the Green Goblin. See, in their mini-series, neither Ben nor Peter die or are they confirmed as a clone and, instead, Norman Osborn dies and is revealed to be a clone. Which, honestly, is a lot better. Also, I would love if they kill off the Green Goblin in the future and reveal he was a clone the whole time to make the Clone Saga retroactively less stupid.

Covok fucked around with this message at 16:10 on May 7, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Covok posted:

Yeah, they got the original writers back and gave them six issues to retell the Clone Saga as they originally intended it. IIRC, it moves at a break neck pace but suffers from having to re-explain what 90s Spider-Man continuity was since it came out in like 2010.

It also veers off from the established events really hard. It was intended to be a quick read for anyone curious and dovetail into continuity but it's still a mess.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I'm just going to put this here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlaPy4-ooNU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I have a new article up on the 30 times Thanos has been defeated in the comics. Unfortunately, it got vetoed into a far more clickbaity and dishonest title. Ah well.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/993580312310534146?s=19

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
wow spoilers for infinity war 2

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Pizza Dog is the hero we need.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rhyno posted:

Pizza Dog is the hero we need.

:patriot:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/status/992590863841746944

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I just saw over Instagram that Adam Hughes is going to draw a WWII Captain America story for #701. He’s waited 28 years for it.

I am excited. He even brought it up like 12 years ago at a convention I attended.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/zdarsky/status/993682263719149568

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
scoot thakarszi is comics' greatest hero.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Teenage Fansub posted:

Any good FCBD tales/photos?

They didn't stock the Fantagraphics one at my shop :(

I'm glad you asked!

Usually my crappy Batman or the Detroit Ghostbusters are the highlights of Free Comic Book Day, but the Infinity Gauntlet I borrowed from a local tattoo shop stole the show. Hawkguy is also a DJ at a local rock station, so we got a free shout out on the radio. Hellwater was dropped off by the owner of the company along with a poster.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

How's the whiskey?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Pretty great, actually. Goes down smooth, and gives you a good buzz. I’m not a fan of cinammon anything, but I didn’t have any trouble with it. They’re waiting for approval on the next bottle. Mignola does the art, then they do the logo treatment, and then it’s back to Dark Horse for final approval. Supposedly, they’re also working on a Sin City whiskey.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Open Marriage Night posted:

Pretty great, actually. Goes down smooth, and gives you a good buzz. I’m not a fan of cinammon anything, but I didn’t have any trouble with it. They’re waiting for approval on the next bottle. Mignola does the art, then they do the logo treatment, and then it’s back to Dark Horse for final approval. Supposedly, they’re also working on a Sin City whiskey.

If Sin City whiskey isn't the bitterest thing ever distilled, they've hosed up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

Frank just pisses in a bottle and they slap a label on it.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Frank just pisses in a bottle and they slap a label on it.

I'm afraid about the chocolate mints they serve with it now.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/chrisarrant/status/993956689195012096?s=19

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

What a wonderfully trans friendly machine

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I was like what are you talking about and then I actually read the text on the side and lol nice going guys

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Lurdiak posted:

I spent a full minute trying to think of how Sim City might have made you so angry

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Roth posted:

I spent a full minute trying to think of how Sim City might have made you so angry
You can't cut back on ice cubes! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

Covok
May 27, 2013

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Somebody post a pic of Strong Mad singing death metal.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Gavok posted:

Somebody post a pic of Strong Mad singing death metal.

I was thinking Udo Kier from the back half of that crazy rear end Kingdom miniseries.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

What's the best .cbr reader for Android?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
ComicRack

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Since Comixology is owned by Amazon there's a built in comic reader on Fire tablets yeah?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Rhyno posted:

Since Comixology is owned by Amazon there's a built in comic reader on Fire tablets yeah?

Yup!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Can it load cbrs not purchased from Comixology?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

This is interesting. Apparently comic sales haven't really dropped since the 2000s. Just stagnated.
https://twitter.com/comichron/status/993511337740382208

• Locked thread